You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Mock Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Teddy Bridgewater, QB Louisville
2. Dominique Easley, DT/DE Florida
3. David Yankey, OG Stanford
4. Tyler Larsen, C Utah State
5. IK Enemkpali, LEO Louisiana Tech
5. Byron Jones, CB Connecicut
6. James White, RB Wisconsin
7. Junior Onyeali, OLB Arizona State

Last edited by Its A Sabotage on Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
KhanYouDigIt

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:

A+ Draft.

^^el ramster^^
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KhanYouDigIt wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:

A+ Draft.

pretty much Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:

A+

Quote:

<3

This draft wins. Easley dropping to the top of the second though?

Thank you daboyle250 for the sig.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
Really a big fan of this draft. That offense would be a pass happy love fest.

Live like you're down 3-1
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:

The good thing, and the thing I always bring up, is, on offense, the weapons are there [we need an IOL and a #1 WR] just need a QB,...but the team is so bad, we can go any direction with any pick, could pick names out of a hat and be more right at this time. But yes, fix the IOL with Yankey and Larsen, who also are great fits in the ZBS, White is a workhorse back, would still need to bring someone in, Todman and Forsett aren't options from what they've shown this year. IKE is an underrated pass rusher, scouts have been to sever games.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:

The good thing, and the thing I always bring up, is, on offense, the weapons are there [we need an IOL and a #1 WR] just need a QB,...but the team is so bad, we can go any direction with any pick, could pick names out of a hat and be more right at this time. But yes, fix the IOL with Yankey and Larsen, who also are great fits in the ZBS, White is a workhorse back, would still need to bring someone in, Todman and Forsett aren't options from what they've shown this year. IKE is an underrated pass rusher, scouts have been to sever games.

If we need a #1WR still, in addition to finding someone to carry the mail at RB...do we really have the weapons there?

Not that i agree we need a #1WR. Confused

We could still really use a big and tall style redzone threat, be that a TE if Marcedes can't get his act together (even in addition to him, it'd be good to add another), or a #3WR type. But i think Shorts III and Blackmon look like a solid enough duo, alongside the right QB.
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:

If we need a #1WR still, in addition to finding someone to carry the mail at RB...do we really have the weapons there?

We could still really use a big and tall style redzone threat, be that a TE if Marcedes can't get his act together (even in addition to him, it'd be good to add another), or a #3WR type. But i think Shorts III and Blackmon look like a solid enough duo, alongside the right QB.

After the year we need a running back, that's not debatebale. However, the weapons are here in, Denard, Shorts, Blackmon, Lewis, Ace, neither Ace/Blackmon/Shorts are #1 WRs, but doesn't mean they aren't offensive weapons.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
Tugboat wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:

After the year we need a running back, that's not debatebale. However, the weapons are here in, Denard, Shorts, Blackmon, Lewis, Ace, neither Ace/Blackmon/Shorts are #1 WRs, but doesn't mean they aren't offensive weapons.

A #1WR seems like a pretty big 'weapon' to be missing though, does it not? Those tend to be the sort of pieces that teams have to go get in the 1st, or if lucky, 2nd round.

I still think you're right in the general sense, that the weapons are largely there, but we are still missing some really big pieces there. Finding a real reliable 'weapon' at RB isn't something to sneeze at. And if we do still need to find a #1WR there, that's going to be a significant asset to invest in. Personally, i think you always want to add 'more offense' and getting a true #1 weapon would be a great thing, but i think we can get on just fine without that, if we can find a 3rd guy at that sort of Cecil/Blackmon level as good #2s...but a guy with real size for those jump ball situations, etc.

I think i agree with what you're saying in general, it's just that throwing out the need for a #1WR is a whole big can of worms to open up. I mean, just look at what a Julio Jones cost Caldwell and his colleagues in Atlanta. Clear cut #1WRs are very costly to acquire in general...and if that's still a need, that's a big weapon to be missing.
Its A Sabotage

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, a true number 1 weapon is a great asset to have, however, Brady and Brees are making due without one, Brees is using 3 #2 guys at best, Brady, 3s at best...And if you look at what it cost to get Julio Jones I make that trade every single time...in the grand scheme, the Browns got Phil Taylor [ATL's original pick] and that is all that's really left from those drafts, whereas Julio is a top-5 guy in the league.

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really depends on what you view a #1 WR as. Guys like Marques Colston and Victor Cruz offer around top 15 type production and I think those guys can be viable passing options where you don't need to get someone more talented than them to be there. Cecil had that type of production past year and he could do it going forward as well. Blackmon could offer Brian Hartline/Eric Decker type production, which is a very high end #2 type production. I think we need a #3 (though that could be Ace, I'm not sure), but there isn't a lot of need there. Sure it'd be nice to add in a Dez Bryant, A.J. Green, Julio Jones type talent, but I think we can get by and be successful without the need for that level of a player.

Last year Cecil and Blackmon were both top 30 in production, and those both included very slow starts.

It's actually pretty rare for a Super Bowl winning team to have great production from a WR, it's usually more guys like Cecil and Blackmon's production leading a team at that position. Not to say those type of players don't help, but if Colston and Hartline type production is what we'll get out of those two, it should be really far down our list of needs.

Live like you're down 3-1
Tugboat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
Yes, a true number 1 weapon is a great asset to have, however, Brady and Brees are making due without one, Brees is using 3 #2 guys at best, Brady, 3s at best...And if you look at what it cost to get Julio Jones I make that trade every single time...in the grand scheme, the Browns got Phil Taylor [ATL's original pick] and that is all that's really left from those drafts, whereas Julio is a top-5 guy in the league.

Absolutely, that's a trade you do every time the way it turned out. That's still quite a bit of value to sink into an asset though. If it works, and it's necessary, you absolutely do it all day and walk away with a big happy grin. But why i was curious when i saw that noted in your original post, was basically because of the rest of that. I don't think it's really a 'need' so much as a 'luxury' almost. Especially if we're saying guys like Colston aren't a '#1WR'. Although the way the Saints use Graham, he almost plays a role as a #1WR anyway.

But given the rarity of that clear cut #1WR, i'm not sure that's even a 'weapon' i'd have on the list of needs, provided we're talking about adding a QB who can make hay with a pair of Shorts/Blackmon type high end #2WRs.

iPwn wrote:
Really depends on what you view a #1 WR as. Guys like Marques Colston and Victor Cruz offer around top 15 type production and I think those guys can be viable passing options where you don't need to get someone more talented than them to be there. Cecil had that type of production past year and he could do it going forward as well. Blackmon could offer Brian Hartline/Eric Decker type production, which is a very high end #2 type production. I think we need a #3 (though that could be Ace, I'm not sure), but there isn't a lot of need there. Sure it'd be nice to add in a Dez Bryant, A.J. Green, Julio Jones type talent, but I think we can get by and be successful without the need for that level of a player.

Last year Cecil and Blackmon were both top 30 in production, and those both included very slow starts.

It's actually pretty rare for a Super Bowl winning team to have great production from a WR, it's usually more guys like Cecil and Blackmon's production leading a team at that position. Not to say those type of players don't help, but if Colston and Hartline type production is what we'll get out of those two, it should be really far down our list of needs.

Exactly. I can see why Shorts III and Blackmon don't really register as '#1WRs' but i'd almost look at them in terms of ability and potential production, as a pair of sort of '#1b' guys.

Add in a 3rd guy to the mix who adds that element of size that we're missing from our group and has the talent to play like a solid #2 as well, in addition to what Ace might be able to bring as a slot guy, and the idea of missing a '#1WR' as a weapon wouldn't really cross my mind.

ie. Listing #1WR to me, is a bit like listing that we could stand to add a 1,500 yard Rusher to the backfield. I mean, yeah, we could...everyone could. But it's a huge luxury more than anything, and if you want to add those luxuries, it's going to require bigtime assets and a fair bit of luck.

I think we're all on the same page here. I just thought it was curious to see #1WR even listed there at all.
dswinton

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Teddy Bridgewater QB Louisville
2. Travis Swanson C Arkansas
3. Gabe Ikard OG Oklahoma
4. Ronald Powell DE Florida
5. Telvin Smith OLB Florida State
6. Fitzgerald Touissant RB Michigan
7. Jacob Fahrenkrug OG Florida State

"Thanks for the great sig MoJo122-b-21, one of the best alive".
Tugboat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dswinton wrote:

plz no Gabe Ikard. Embarassed
dswinton

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:
dswinton wrote:

plz no Gabe Ikard. Embarassed

I don't like that mock draft , its safe but I don't like it.

"Thanks for the great sig MoJo122-b-21, one of the best alive".

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 3 of 45

Jump to: