Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Prospect Thread (IT WAS ME, SABO - IT WAS ME ALL ALONG)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iPwn

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing

- Best since day one -
The road to success is always under construction - Gus Bradley
Mr. V

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What am I missing with Hundley? I don't see him as a top 10 pick that I've seen him projected as.

Thank you daboyle250 for the sig.
candyman93

Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serious question, what would it take for Teddy? I'm talking draft pick wise. When I look at my team I honestly don't think we're that far away. Our only holes are #2 WR, #2 CB, RB, OG and QB. Depending on where we pick I'd give up all of our picks in the first 3 rounds: Two 1sts (colts), a 2nd and two 3rds (steelers). I'd also throw in a 1st next year.

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Serious question, what would it take for Teddy? I'm talking draft pick wise. When I look at my team I honestly don't think we're that far away. Our only holes are #2 WR, #2 CB, RB, OG and QB. Depending on where we pick I'd give up all of our picks in the first 3 rounds: Two 1sts (colts), a 2nd and two 3rds (steelers). I'd also throw in a 1st next year.

3 1sts, 3 2nds, 3 3rds minimum

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Tugboat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd speculative question...

But would anyone else consider taking Devante Parker if Teddy is our #1 Pick and if Parker comes out (seems like it wouldn't be the worst idea in the world, as he's not going to have Teddy throwing him TDs next year)? Not that we really need another WR necessarily, but a bigger 'jump ball' redzone type receiver certainly wouldn't hurt to add, and Parker seems to fit the bill on that...maybe push Blackmon a bit more toward a slot role. And obviously...the rapport with Bridgewater+Parker is the main point of interest for me. Something reminiscent of the Luck+Fleener duo the Colts took while jumpstarting their 'rebuild'. Probably a 3rd rounder give or take?

Crazy? Brilliant? Stupid? Worth it?

Shorts III, Blackmon, Parker sounds like one heck of a receiving corps to grow around to me. Shocked
sadjag

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:

But would anyone else consider taking Devante Parker if Teddy is our #1 Pick and if Parker comes out (seems like it wouldn't be the worst idea in the world, as he's not going to have Teddy throwing him TDs next year)? Not that we really need another WR necessarily, but a bigger 'jump ball' redzone type receiver certainly wouldn't hurt to add, and Parker seems to fit the bill on that...maybe push Blackmon a bit more toward a slot role. And obviously...the rapport with Bridgewater+Parker is the main point of interest for me. Something reminiscent of the Luck+Fleener duo the Colts took while jumpstarting their 'rebuild'. Probably a 3rd rounder give or take?

Shorts III, Blackmon, Parker sounds like one heck of a receiving corps to grow around to me. Shocked
Personally I think Cecil,Blackmon, ace is just fine. We do need a Taller pass catcher I just think it would be smarter too take a TE though we need someone to start grooming for when Mercedes is done. Seems smarter too fill that role with a TE who can be on the field every play rather than create a logjam at WR.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tugboat wrote:

It is only brilliant if you view Parker as a true, #1 WR, someone who has the ability to be a top-10 and go-to receiver in the league, something that Cecil got pimped by fantasy guys to be this year. Otherwise, we are just better sitting on Cecil, Blackmon, and Ace/Denard as, the first 2 are great #2s, and Ace/Denard that slot/#4. I would actually say to get a pure field stretching TE, which Jedd likes more than another WR...something that Marcedes came into the league being, who now is more of a dual area TE. If you are using the Colts as an example, they went Luck, Fleener, Dwayne, and Hilton that draft...You could look to a Jace Amaro at either 33 or 65/Nick O'Leary/Xavier Grimble.

#JDI
iPwn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

It'll have to be something ridiculous like this. And that may not even be enough for the Browns to get it done. I see the Browns still being a 6+ win team, and that might push them out of the way for a top end QB. I'm not sure Dave is going to take the risk and flaws that comes with a second round QB so the picks we would get in the trade this year would likely end up being used on something like LEO, DT, C, and RT and then we'd be trying to package the picks next year to get our guy after another year of garbage at QB. I don't think Dave will want another year without his guy at QB, so it's going to take a monster offer to get us to move.

I think the Browns are going to be much more likely to trade up with an Oakland, NYG, or other team like that that falls in the 3-7 range for Hundley, Mariota, Smith or someone of that nature or vice, versa for the Jags trading back into that range.

- Best since day one -
iPwn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teddy is so good. Bad competition or not, every throw this kid makes is damn near perfect.

- Best since day one -
Tugboat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
Tugboat wrote:

It is only brilliant if you view Parker as a true, #1 WR, someone who has the ability to be a top-10 and go-to receiver in the league, something that Cecil got pimped by fantasy guys to be this year. Otherwise, we are just better sitting on Cecil, Blackmon, and Ace/Denard as, the first 2 are great #2s, and Ace/Denard that slot/#4. I would actually say to get a pure field stretching TE, which Jedd likes more than another WR...something that Marcedes came into the league being, who now is more of a dual area TE. If you are using the Colts as an example, they went Luck, Fleener, Dwayne, and Hilton that draft...You could look to a Jace Amaro at either 33 or 65/Nick O'Leary/Xavier Grimble.

Why would he have to be a 'top-10 receiver' to make it worthwhile though? Having 3 'Number Two' type receivers hardly seems like a bad problem to have. Especially when Parker would bring a different dimension to the receiving corps.

I can see the point about going with a TE for that sort of role instead, and that's fair. But it's not like running 3 receiver sets is an altogether unlikely scenario. And Ace looks like a nice 'weapon' that we've added, but it wouldn't be too difficult to keep him involved here and there in the passing game, and he'd obviously still see plenty of work in the return game where he's probably the biggest asset.
candyman93

Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

It'll have to be something ridiculous like this. And that may not even be enough for the Browns to get it done. I see the Browns still being a 6+ win team, and that might push them out of the way for a top end QB. I'm not sure Dave is going to take the risk and flaws that comes with a second round QB so the picks we would get in the trade this year would likely end up being used on something like LEO, DT, C, and RT and then we'd be trying to package the picks next year to get our guy after another year of garbage at QB. I don't think Dave will want another year without his guy at QB, so it's going to take a monster offer to get us to move.

I think the Browns are going to be much more likely to trade up with an Oakland, NYG, or other team like that that falls in the 3-7 range for Hundley, Mariota, Smith or someone of that nature or vice, versa for the Jags trading back into that range.

Kind of forgot about the Giants.

Makes me wonder if they'd be more generous if they have the 1st pick.

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.
sadjag

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

Given their draft history do you really think they would pass on Clowney??? Face it, it's gunna take the whole bank.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadjag wrote:
candyman93 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Adrenaline_Flux wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

Given their draft history do you really think they would pass on Clowney??? Face it, it's gunna take the whole bank.

While the prospect of JPP+Clowney terrorizing QBs would be pretty enticing, i think the Giants could probably be persuaded to part with that opportunity in exchange for the ability to rectify some major holes on their O-Line and other defensive positions.

But then, i really don't think the Giants are a team we have to worry about in terms of competition for the #1 pick. There's just too much talent on that team...at some point Eli/JPP/That WR corps has to bust out and take over a game or two, at least for a few wins. And that defense can't keep being that awful.

I think our real competition for the top pick is more likely the Steelers who have look listless and without identity, and honestly don't have a huge amount of talent left due to attrition of age. And the Bucs, because frankly...that team has the sort of drama and internal turmoil, coupled with the awful QB to lose a ton of games. But even still...they have more talent than us, and i hope/think their talent manages to pop in and win a few games for them.
Adrenaline_Flux

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not including guys I'm semi-confident aren't declaring. Also not based on our schemes. Rankings would be different.

QB

1. Teddy Bridgewater (Louisville)
2. Brett Hundley (UCLA)
3. Marcus Mariota (Oregon)
4. Tajh Boyd (Clemson)
5. Kevin Hogan (Stanford)

RB

1. Bishop Sankey (Washington)
2. Lache Seastrunk (Baylor)
3. Ka'Deem Carey (Arizona)
4. Melvin Gordon (Wisconsin)
5. Charles Sims (West Virginia)

NEW

OW Watch

1. De'Anthony Thomas (Oregon)
2. Venric Mark (Northwestern)
3. Kain Colter (Northwestern)

WR

1. Marqise Lee (USC)
2. Sammy Watkins (Clemson)
3. Brandon Coleman (Rutgers)
4. Jordan Matthews (Vanderbilt)
5. Mike Evans (Texas A&M)

TE

1. Eric Ebron (North Carolina)
2. Jace Amaro (Texas Tech)
3. Austin Seferian-Jenkins (Washington)
4. C.J. Fiedorowicz (Iowa)
5. Arthur Lynch (Georgia)

OT

1. Jake Matthews (Texas A&M)
2. Cyrus Kouandjio (Alabama)
3. Taylor Lewan (Michigan)
4. Cameron Erving (Florida State)
5. Ja'Wuan James (Tennessee)

OG

1. Gabe Jackson (Mississippi State)
2. Cyril Richardson (Baylor)
3. David Yankey (Stanford)
4. Zack Martin (Notre Dame)
5. Gabe Ikard (Oklahoma)

C

1. Tyler Larsen (Utah State)
2. Bryan Stork (Florida State)
3. Hroniss Grasu (Oregon)
4. Weston Richburg (Colorado State)
5. Travis Swanson (Arkansas)

I expect us to dip into the interior offensive line a bit come draft time. Strong class. Not everyone there fits our blocking scheme, but there's a lot that do.

Defense will be up in the next day or so.

Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
sadjag

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no Dri Archer at OW?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 11 of 27

Jump to: