You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Prospect Thread (IT WAS ME, SABO - IT WAS ME ALL ALONG)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
sadjag


Joined: 02 Mar 2012
Posts: 1136
Location: jax
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:
So a guy responded to my criticism of him having Savage at #39 to the Jags that Teddy at 3 would be a worse pick than Savage at #39 and that Teddy gets too much love on this site and Savage too little. How do you even answer such a ridiculous remark?! I mean I could kind of get it if someone said a QB like Garoppolo at #39 is better value than Teddy at #3 even if I disagree. But Savage?! WHAT!?


I dont understand where all the savage hype is coming from
Height, weight, arm strength. Savage is ideal, Bridgewater isn't. That's all it is.
People misunderstand what Russell Wilson has taught us. It's not just that 5 '11 is ok or that you can find your QB outside the first. The lesson should be that you don't pass on a prospect with superior passing skills and mental understanding for ideal measurables. As long as long as the physical tools are adequate.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tugboat


Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Posts: 5206
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
JagsFanInNY wrote:
So a guy responded to my criticism of him having Savage at #39 to the Jags that Teddy at 3 would be a worse pick than Savage at #39 and that Teddy gets too much love on this site and Savage too little. How do you even answer such a ridiculous remark?! I mean I could kind of get it if someone said a QB like Garoppolo at #39 is better value than Teddy at #3 even if I disagree. But Savage?! WHAT!?


I dont understand where all the savage hype is coming from
Height, weight, arm strength. Savage is ideal, Bridgewater isn't. That's all it is.


Yeah. I can at least understand why some teams might have Savage ahead of Bridgewater. I mean i think it's stupid, but at least it's pretty clear what they're focused on. Big size, big arm, "prototypical" QB build. Teams fall in love with these "tools guy" projects every year and it doesn't surprise me.

But i cannot for the life of me understand what might be driving teams to put Garoppolo ahead of Teddy. Other than having a slightly thicker build, he has pretty much every thing Bridgewater has been knocked for, and then some. With nowhere near the poise and feel in the pocket, or anywhere near the complexity of checks and reads. And he's the one who played truly "weak" competition to the extent that it becomes a potential factor. It's baffling.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 55990
Location: Sweet Home Chicago
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said this in Twitter earlier, but the only reason that Teddy isn't the consensus #1 overall pick is because he's not Blaine Gabbert.
_________________

Live like you're down 3-1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tugboat


Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Posts: 5206
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
I said this in Twitter earlier, but the only reason that Teddy isn't the consensus #1 overall pick is because he's not Blaine Gabbert.


Laughing

It's sad, but true.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bonanza23


Joined: 10 Nov 2008
Posts: 11470
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
I said this in Twitter earlier, but the only reason that Teddy isn't the consensus #1 overall pick is because he's not Blaine Gabbert.


Haha that's pretty good. Unfortunately true. (I may have to steal this, hope you don't mind)

Hey are you guys hearing anything with your pick? I have a feeling you guys will dictate what we do at 4.
_________________
[img]this is my new sig.[/img]
Thanks Reg!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Its A Sabotage


Joined: 14 May 2010
Posts: 38219
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonanza23 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
I said this in Twitter earlier, but the only reason that Teddy isn't the consensus #1 overall pick is because he's not Blaine Gabbert.


Haha that's pretty good. Unfortunately true. (I may have to steal this, hope you don't mind)

Hey are you guys hearing anything with your pick? I have a feeling you guys will dictate what we do at 4.


we like every prospect in the draft equally and will take all of the prospect at 3.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 55990
Location: Sweet Home Chicago
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its A Sabotage wrote:
Bonanza23 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
I said this in Twitter earlier, but the only reason that Teddy isn't the consensus #1 overall pick is because he's not Blaine Gabbert.


Haha that's pretty good. Unfortunately true. (I may have to steal this, hope you don't mind)

Hey are you guys hearing anything with your pick? I have a feeling you guys will dictate what we do at 4.


we like every prospect in the draft equally and will take all of the prospect at 3.
This is pretty much what has gone around. We're really the wild card.

We've heard:
Clowney
Bridgewater
Watkins
Mack
A tackle
Trade up for Clowney
Trade down with Detroit

And I honestly have no idea which is most reliable or which way the rumor consensus is actually going.
_________________

Live like you're down 3-1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JagsFanInNY


Joined: 25 Feb 2013
Posts: 1389
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-PressRelease/Meester-to-announce-Jaguars-pick/f6785833-4103-4883-abc4-aa9ac95ef671

"And with the 39th pick in the 2014 NFL Draft the Jacksonville Jaguars select my replacement ________"

Richburg or Martin?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bonanza23


Joined: 10 Nov 2008
Posts: 11470
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
Bonanza23 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
I said this in Twitter earlier, but the only reason that Teddy isn't the consensus #1 overall pick is because he's not Blaine Gabbert.


Haha that's pretty good. Unfortunately true. (I may have to steal this, hope you don't mind)

Hey are you guys hearing anything with your pick? I have a feeling you guys will dictate what we do at 4.


we like every prospect in the draft equally and will take all of the prospect at 3.
This is pretty much what has gone around. We're really the wild card.

We've heard:
Clowney
Bridgewater
Watkins
Mack
A tackle
Trade up for Clowney
Trade down with Detroit

And I honestly have no idea which is most reliable or which way the rumor consensus is actually going.


OK pretty much what I thought. Sounds like your GM is as cryptic as ours Laughing

Thanks guys!
_________________
[img]this is my new sig.[/img]
Thanks Reg!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JagsFanInNY


Joined: 25 Feb 2013
Posts: 1389
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonanza23 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
Its A Sabotage wrote:
Bonanza23 wrote:
iPwn wrote:
I said this in Twitter earlier, but the only reason that Teddy isn't the consensus #1 overall pick is because he's not Blaine Gabbert.


Haha that's pretty good. Unfortunately true. (I may have to steal this, hope you don't mind)

Hey are you guys hearing anything with your pick? I have a feeling you guys will dictate what we do at 4.


we like every prospect in the draft equally and will take all of the prospect at 3.
This is pretty much what has gone around. We're really the wild card.

We've heard:
Clowney
Bridgewater
Watkins
Mack
A tackle
Trade up for Clowney
Trade down with Detroit

And I honestly have no idea which is most reliable or which way the rumor consensus is actually going.


OK pretty much what I thought. Sounds like your GM is as cryptic as ours Laughing

Thanks guys!
What GM isn't really cryptic? The only 'non-cryptic' GM I could think of this year id Dimitroff and his willingness to come out and say he is looking to move up. Other than that, I feel like nothing is really be said by any team about their plans.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 91020
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JagsFanInNY wrote:
http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-PressRelease/Meester-to-announce-Jaguars-pick/f6785833-4103-4883-abc4-aa9ac95ef671

"And with the 39th pick in the 2014 NFL Draft the Jacksonville Jaguars select my replacement ________"

Richburg or Martin?


I'd like tha, but if we take him there, we arent getting Teddy
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
corry


Joined: 15 Jan 2008
Posts: 2841
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiper did a write up on the biggest freaks in the draft here's a few that I think the jags may target.


Jerick McKinnon, RB, Georgia Southern
He saw a lot of time at QB in college, but McKinnon is a major sleeper at running back. A compact but powerful 5-9, 209, he ran the second-fastest 40 among all RBs at the combine at 4.41 -- behind only the diminutive Dri Archer -- but also had six more reps at 225 pounds than any other RB (32 total), and showed off a 40.5-inch vertical.

Howard Jones, OLB/DE, Shepherd
Let's get a sleeper in here. Jones battered tackles at the D-II level, and piled up 71.0 TFL and 34.5 sacks. His explosiveness is the reason why, as he ran a 4.60 40-yard dash and posted a 40.5-inch vertical. While strength is a question (21 reps), Jones has a long wingspan with 34 1/8-inch arms. He's a little bit in that Bruce Irvin mold: "It's third down. See the QB, get the QB." But he could be a find in the middle rounds for a team looking for an explosive situational rusher.

Jordan Tripp, LB, Montana
When he makes the read, Tripp comes flying out of his stance downhill to make plays at the line of scrimmage. And it's great when the workouts match the tape. His change-of-direction explosiveness is real, as the only players who were faster than him in the 20-yard shuttle are wide receivers, and one safety who beat him by a hundredth of a second. Tripp is explosive, and his 4.67 40 and 37.5-inch vertical at 234 pounds aren't too bad.
_________________
2nd place in Jaguars forum USJJC 2012

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Tugboat


Joined: 30 Mar 2011
Posts: 5206
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan Tripp is definitely an interesting guy for me. Really nails down the traits Gus values most in a LB too. Speed and instincts. Wouldn't be surprised if he was a guy Caldwell really wanted to add with one of our many mid round picks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JaguarCrazy2832


Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 91020
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice info there Corry, I'll be curious to see where they go. Tripp seems like a guy we could go after
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JagsFanInNY


Joined: 25 Feb 2013
Posts: 1389
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

corry wrote:
Kiper did a write up on the biggest freaks in the draft here's a few that I think the jags may target.


Jerick McKinnon, RB, Georgia Southern
He saw a lot of time at QB in college, but McKinnon is a major sleeper at running back. A compact but powerful 5-9, 209, he ran the second-fastest 40 among all RBs at the combine at 4.41 -- behind only the diminutive Dri Archer -- but also had six more reps at 225 pounds than any other RB (32 total), and showed off a 40.5-inch vertical.

Howard Jones, OLB/DE, Shepherd
Let's get a sleeper in here. Jones battered tackles at the D-II level, and piled up 71.0 TFL and 34.5 sacks. His explosiveness is the reason why, as he ran a 4.60 40-yard dash and posted a 40.5-inch vertical. While strength is a question (21 reps), Jones has a long wingspan with 34 1/8-inch arms. He's a little bit in that Bruce Irvin mold: "It's third down. See the QB, get the QB." But he could be a find in the middle rounds for a team looking for an explosive situational rusher.

Jordan Tripp, LB, Montana
When he makes the read, Tripp comes flying out of his stance downhill to make plays at the line of scrimmage. And it's great when the workouts match the tape. His change-of-direction explosiveness is real, as the only players who were faster than him in the 20-yard shuttle are wide receivers, and one safety who beat him by a hundredth of a second. Tripp is explosive, and his 4.67 40 and 37.5-inch vertical at 234 pounds aren't too bad.


I have been a big McKinnon fan since around the Senior Bowl. Big upside with that guy. I also like Tripp as early as the 3rd round although probably 4th round is a better value spot for him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27
Page 27 of 27

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group