Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mark Sanchez' future
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How long will Mark Sanchez be on the Jets?
Whole season as our starter.
36%
 36%  [ 8 ]
Whole season as a bench warmer.
22%
 22%  [ 5 ]
Cut before June 1st.
22%
 22%  [ 5 ]
Cut after June 1st.
18%
 18%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 22

famousj

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Mark Sanchez' future Reply with quote

I heard John Idzik on the Mike Francesa show today. Francesa tried to get Idzik to commit to giving him an answer about Mark Sanchez. Idzik would not bite. Idzik was also on couple of the ESPN radio shows as well. He was non-committal on whether or not Mark Sanchez will be cut. Idzik definitely does not consider Mark Sanchez the starting QB. I think the Jets plan on cutting Mark Sanchez before June 1st. Sanchez will not be the starter and will be too much of a story from the bench. It is best to just let him go. The Jets will eat Sanchez' contract this year and start fresh for the 2014 season. Let me hear your thoughts.

Props to Sandwich for Sig

Idzik: SPEND BABY SPEND!!!!
green24

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there something in between whole season as our starter and whole season as a benchwarmer?
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Presumably, Simms and Smith impress, he should be cut. Designation June 1st cut.
famousj

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Is there something in between whole season as our starter and whole season as a benchwarmer?

You can choose cut after June 1st and say when Mark Sanchez will be cut. I doubt any team would take on Sanchez' contract at this point.

Props to Sandwich for Sig

Idzik: SPEND BABY SPEND!!!!
green24

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

famousj wrote:
green24 wrote:

You can choose cut after June 1st and say when Mark Sanchez will be cut. I doubt any team would take on Sanchez' contract at this point.

I think he might start some games, but not the entire season.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will give him a chance with some weapons that we have added and the line help and healthy receivers. If he doesn't impress in preseason then he gets cut.
moham-17

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
They will give him a chance with some weapons that we have added and the line help and healthy receivers. If he doesn't impress in preseason then he gets cut.

Wait, when did we add weapons? I feel like our offense is playing with nerf guns while other teams have live ammo.

I am excited about Chris Ivory though if that's what you're referring to.
green24

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moham-17 wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:

Wait, when did we add weapons? I feel like our offense is playing with nerf guns while other teams have live ammo.

Ivory and Goodson. We have a nice three-headed rushing attack. Plus, Santonio Holmes is back.
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idzik will not tie is future to Sanchez, Sanchez will be gone by week 1

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
JetsFan15

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sanchez won't be cut
He will compete in training camp for the job
He will win the job
After that .. anyone's guess....but I have a feeling he will play better than last year but not well enough to garner untouchable status or to land us something of high value in the draft next year. I think at that point, we will have a good sense on Geno and that he will give us "at worst" what Mark did / can and we will cut Mark next off-season for the cap savings and turn the keys over to Geno in 2014.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
moham-17 wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:

Ivory and Goodson. We have a nice three-headed rushing attack. Plus, Santonio Holmes is back.

Yea that's what I meant. The added OL depth, 2 new RBs and our best WR is returning. I'd call that an upgraded offense especially with Hill having a year and another training camp under his belt. Now they are all still question marks but it is definitely a better unit than we put together last year. (Keller was hurt most the time any way) Plus Tebow isn't there so the circus won't be as bad.

I still think a Mark will be cut by week 1 if Garrard out plays him because having Mark and Geno together will be more drama than I want to deal with. I'd love for Sanchez to show us some sort of life though.
KBS756

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is a bench warmer

Garrard wins the job and Geno takes over after 6 games
rampantjet

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like we are going to see a lot more throws to RBs out of the backfield where they are put in positions to get YAC, that will help whatever QB is in there. That is something we haven't done under schotty or Sporano.
Idzik4president

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to say this but I could see Sanchez winning the competition. Hes obviously done a lot of work this offseason learning this whole offense. I wouldnt be surprised if we saw Sanchez's best year. Frankly that would probably be the worst thing that could happen, but I have always said that Sanchez can be a successful quarterback in a west coast offense like they ran at USC. We will see.
green24

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idzik4president wrote:
I hate to say this but I could see Sanchez winning the competition. Hes obviously done a lot of work this offseason learning this whole offense. I wouldnt be surprised if we saw Sanchez's best year. Frankly that would probably be the worst thing that could happen, but I have always said that Sanchez can be a successful quarterback in a west coast offense like they ran at USC. We will see.

I wouldn't mind a Smith-Kaepernick situation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: