Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Geno Smith...SMH
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Malik


Joined: 18 Dec 2011
Posts: 4140
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only opinions on Geno Smith that are relevant now are those coaches and players in the Jets locker room.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingOfTheHill84


Joined: 10 Jun 2012
Posts: 2808
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
The only opinions on Geno Smith that are relevant now are those coaches and players in the Jets locker room.


Mehta, anonymous sources, Nawrocki, Mayock and Kipers opinions>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Idzik, Rex and Mornhinweg
_________________

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ronjon09


Joined: 06 Aug 2008
Posts: 315
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Would you rather him look happy? WTH is wrong with people.


Actually, yes. The man is about to make $$$. 1st round, 2nd...who cares, REALLY. I screwed my back up my senior year of HS and had to give football up. And this joker is THAT worried about draft ranking? Most people would (should) be honored to even have that oppurtunity. Geno got a reputation for being too full of himself, and it showed to be true. Its not like he was a RG3, Luck, Cam type prospect anyway. Anyways, Im sure Im not the only former player that got hurt or had to give it up (regardless of whether you would have made the NFL or not) that feels this way. Geno looked like the kind of guy who feels entitled. Good luck with that NY.
_________________
The SEC fears Mark Helfrich-WIN THE DAY-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rdelaney89


Joined: 22 Jan 2009
Posts: 1537
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronjon09 wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Would you rather him look happy? WTH is wrong with people.


Actually, yes. The man is about to make $$$. 1st round, 2nd...who cares, REALLY. I screwed my back up my senior year of HS and had to give football up. And this joker is THAT worried about draft ranking? Most people would (should) be honored to even have that oppurtunity. Geno got a reputation for being too full of himself, and it showed to be true. Its not like he was a RG3, Luck, Cam type prospect anyway. Anyways, Im sure Im not the only former player that got hurt or had to give it up (regardless of whether you would have made the NFL or not) that feels this way. Geno looked like the kind of guy who feels entitled. Good luck with that NY.


He has $10 million reasons to be upset. I understand the former player mentality but lets face it the vast majority of people don't make it. I feel bad for people on the fringe like McGahee and Lattimore. I'm sure Geno is happy he is in the NFL but when you are mocked in the top ten and fall as far as he did he has reason to have a chip on his shoulder especially with the number he put up in college.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ronjon09


Joined: 06 Aug 2008
Posts: 315
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rdelaney89 wrote:
ronjon09 wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Would you rather him look happy? WTH is wrong with people.


Actually, yes. The man is about to make $$$. 1st round, 2nd...who cares, REALLY. I screwed my back up my senior year of HS and had to give football up. And this joker is THAT worried about draft ranking? Most people would (should) be honored to even have that oppurtunity. Geno got a reputation for being too full of himself, and it showed to be true. Its not like he was a RG3, Luck, Cam type prospect anyway. Anyways, Im sure Im not the only former player that got hurt or had to give it up (regardless of whether you would have made the NFL or not) that feels this way. Geno looked like the kind of guy who feels entitled. Good luck with that NY.


He has $10 million reasons to be upset. I understand the former player mentality but lets face it the vast majority of people don't make it. I feel bad for people on the fringe like McGahee and Lattimore. I'm sure Geno is happy he is in the NFL but when you are mocked in the top ten and fall as far as he did he has reason to have a chip on his shoulder especially with the number he put up in college.


Mocked in the top 10...ok, Matt Barkely ring a bell? Numbers he put up in college? Case Keenum, Kellen Moore, Timmy Change, Colt Brennan, ect (all of whom with the exception of Brennan were UNDRAFTED). Point made is that Geno has an inflated opinion of himself and his abilities. Just because he was mocked in the top 10 and put up amazing stats shouldnt mean anything to him. If it in fact does play a factor, it is a show of immaturity and another example of just how naiive he is. Neither of which trait is good to have for a future franchise QB.
_________________
The SEC fears Mark Helfrich-WIN THE DAY-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bobikus


Joined: 07 Jun 2009
Posts: 8036
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His "attitude" would put him right at home with most of the top QBs in the league.
_________________
FIRE TODD HALEY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GangGreen420


Joined: 17 Nov 2008
Posts: 2560
Location: FL
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronjon09 wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:
ronjon09 wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Would you rather him look happy? WTH is wrong with people.


Actually, yes. The man is about to make $$$. 1st round, 2nd...who cares, REALLY. I screwed my back up my senior year of HS and had to give football up. And this joker is THAT worried about draft ranking? Most people would (should) be honored to even have that oppurtunity. Geno got a reputation for being too full of himself, and it showed to be true. Its not like he was a RG3, Luck, Cam type prospect anyway. Anyways, Im sure Im not the only former player that got hurt or had to give it up (regardless of whether you would have made the NFL or not) that feels this way. Geno looked like the kind of guy who feels entitled. Good luck with that NY.


He has $10 million reasons to be upset. I understand the former player mentality but lets face it the vast majority of people don't make it. I feel bad for people on the fringe like McGahee and Lattimore. I'm sure Geno is happy he is in the NFL but when you are mocked in the top ten and fall as far as he did he has reason to have a chip on his shoulder especially with the number he put up in college.


Mocked in the top 10...ok, Matt Barkely ring a bell? Numbers he put up in college? Case Keenum, Kellen Moore, Timmy Change, Colt Brennan, ect (all of whom with the exception of Brennan were UNDRAFTED). Point made is that Geno has an inflated opinion of himself and his abilities. Just because he was mocked in the top 10 and put up amazing stats shouldnt mean anything to him. If it in fact does play a factor, it is a show of immaturity and another example of just how naiive he is. Neither of which trait is good to have for a future franchise QB.


I dont even know what you're trying to say. College numbers and those other quarterbacks listed have nothing to do with it. When your projected to be picked in the top 15 of the draft, and you fall that far, its going to [inappropriate/removed] most people off. I would be upset. And I would of fired my agent too had he told me not to participate in the Senior Bowl, told me I was going to be picked much earlier than I was, and then left town on me for day 2 of the draft. But it doesnt change a thing when it comes to my work ethic, ability to be a good teammate, etc.

Sure the kid needs to work on some stuff. But hes a rookie. People like you are running around acting like the book is already closed on him and you've drawn your conclusion already. He hasn't even been inside an NFL locker room yet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GangGreen420


Joined: 17 Nov 2008
Posts: 2560
Location: FL
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:
His "attitude" would put him right at home with most of the top QBs in the league.


THANK YOU. I seriously wonder how many people on these forums have played a sport at a competitive level. The best players are good. And they know it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ekill08x


Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 8534
Location: Patchogue, New York
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This really is so irrelevant. Come find me if he sucks and is making trouble in the lockeroom. UNtil then I could care less about what others are saying they "think" they know about his attitude. Right now this couldn't be more of a non-issue. WOuld rather a guy who knows his good and plays that way than a guy who says "I know I can be good and I absolutely expect to start and be successful" and then goes out there and looks like a lost little puppy.
_________________

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Raoul Duke


Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 3129
Location: Upstate NY
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronjon09 wrote:


Actually, yes. The man is about to make $$$. 1st round, 2nd...who cares, REALLY. I screwed my back up my senior year of HS and had to give football up. And this joker is THAT worried about draft ranking? Most people would (should) be honored to even have that oppurtunity. Geno got a reputation for being too full of himself, and it showed to be true. Its not like he was a RG3, Luck, Cam type prospect anyway. Anyways, Im sure Im not the only former player that got hurt or had to give it up (regardless of whether you would have made the NFL or not) that feels this way. Geno looked like the kind of guy who feels entitled. Good luck with that NY.


A bit naïve for you to judge his actions based upon watching him on TV. If you had 10 different teams lie to you, saying they'll definitely draft you if you are there when they pick, only to turn around and pick someone else, I'm sure you'd be upset also.

But what it seems like is that you're bitter that you didn't have his same opportunity. So you're venting; similar to what he did when he was slighted.
_________________
“You don’t burn out from going too fast. You burn out from going too slow and getting bored.”

- Cliff Burton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JMG


Joined: 23 Dec 2012
Posts: 3099
Location: Columbia
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08, Bobikus & Malik, I couldn't agree with you guys any more. The amount of B.S that is being claimed about Geno Smith right now is absolutely ridiculous. If he went to Buffalo at 16 no one wouldn't have said #$%^ about him.
_________________

[]_[] Family
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
rampantjet


Joined: 25 Apr 2012
Posts: 1836
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know who would look like he was having a perfectly fine day while waiting in the green room while falling during a draft day..... Mark Sanchez, I garuntee you would would be 100% politician PC.

I want a QB that gets pissed and is competitive. I would have been mad about falling in the draft if virtually EVERYONE thought you would a sure fire top 15 pick, I can't blame him for being mad if i would.

There is no proof that he has an over inflated opinion of himself, I never saw him mocked anywhere near the where he went. If I would have put him in a mockdraft with us trading back and taking him at like 25 or something I would have been berated for not being realistic. So him expecting to go there is just going off what everyone is saying.

I swear some Jet fans would rather just complain about their QB than have a good one. This kid hasn't thrown a pass yet, and we are finding things to complain about lol.

The Steelers fans are really all about winning they even ignore the fact that their QB is a sex offender just because he can win some games haha
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rdelaney89


Joined: 22 Jan 2009
Posts: 1537
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ronjon09 wrote:
rdelaney89 wrote:
ronjon09 wrote:
jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Would you rather him look happy? WTH is wrong with people.


Actually, yes. The man is about to make $$$. 1st round, 2nd...who cares, REALLY. I screwed my back up my senior year of HS and had to give football up. And this joker is THAT worried about draft ranking? Most people would (should) be honored to even have that oppurtunity. Geno got a reputation for being too full of himself, and it showed to be true. Its not like he was a RG3, Luck, Cam type prospect anyway. Anyways, Im sure Im not the only former player that got hurt or had to give it up (regardless of whether you would have made the NFL or not) that feels this way. Geno looked like the kind of guy who feels entitled. Good luck with that NY.


He has $10 million reasons to be upset. I understand the former player mentality but lets face it the vast majority of people don't make it. I feel bad for people on the fringe like McGahee and Lattimore. I'm sure Geno is happy he is in the NFL but when you are mocked in the top ten and fall as far as he did he has reason to have a chip on his shoulder especially with the number he put up in college.


Mocked in the top 10...ok, Matt Barkely ring a bell? Numbers he put up in college? Case Keenum, Kellen Moore, Timmy Change, Colt Brennan, ect (all of whom with the exception of Brennan were UNDRAFTED). Point made is that Geno has an inflated opinion of himself and his abilities. Just because he was mocked in the top 10 and put up amazing stats shouldnt mean anything to him. If it in fact does play a factor, it is a show of immaturity and another example of just how naiive he is. Neither of which trait is good to have for a future franchise QB.


Matt Barkley would have been a top 10 QB last year yes but he had a down year and was injured. That mixed with the USC QB jinx. The other QBs you mentioned were not consensus number 1 QBs everyone knew they had inflated stats because of the opponents they faced. Everyone else you listed was not a projected top 10 pick. I have no problem with him being upset because he is showing a fire that all of us wanted to see from Sanchez.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bobikus


Joined: 07 Jun 2009
Posts: 8036
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barkley would have been picked apart over the pre-draft process and fallen anyway imo, just probably to a 2nd day pick not a 3rd.

Geno has a better skillset and higher ceiling than Barkley or any of those mentioned QBs by a longshot though.
_________________
FIRE TODD HALEY
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jpt331


Joined: 21 Jan 2012
Posts: 520
Location: Sandwhich on the Sig
PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its messed up that the kid hasn't even played a down in the NFL yeat and they NY media has already started their BS. SMH
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group