Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Geno Smith...SMH
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davey

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should have kept Tebow a little longer, to show Geno how to smile and to teach him how to tell people how excited you are.
rampantjet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:
Higher YPA and TD%. In terms of NFL rating, Geno had a 117.5 to Luck's 118.0

Thanks..... both are pretty high lol. I could live with 117.
Bobikus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually pretty angry about the media trying to twist a "Geno constantly shifts blame to other people" narrative within this.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:
I'm actually pretty angry about the media trying to twist a "Geno constantly shifts blame to other people" narrative within this.

They wouldn't even have bothered if he was drafted by one or 31 other teams.

They just continue to play the same Jets angle.
Bobikus

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
Bobikus wrote:

It's just so completely the opposite of how he actually acted at WVU. Geno NEVER shifted blame to his teammates, his coach, anything else. When Hologorsen or reporters here would try to excuse a rough game or bad throw, he'd by the first to put the responsibility for it on his own shoulders. When we were winning or when he put up video game stats like against Baylor, he was the first to talk about how well his receivers and line play, and point out where in those games he messed up and what he needed to improve on.

Also I get the feeling Manish Mehta is not a good reporter and I will grow to dislike him if I begin following the Jets more.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rampantjet wrote:
On a side note can anyone explain how college arrives at its Quarterback ratings? I was comparing stats(for no real reason) between Luck in college and Geno. Geno threw for 700 more yards 5 more touchdowns and 4 less Ints and they had the same completion % yet Luck had a 5 point higher Quarterback Rating..... that makes 0 sense to me.... i call shenanigans.

The college one looks so much simpler:

NCAA (College = C)
C1 = 8.4 x yards
C2 = 330 x TDs
C3 = 100 x completions
C4 = 200 x interceptions

Add C1 + C2 + C3, then subtract C4 from that total. Divide that by the number of pass attempts and you have a passer rating.

NFL (Pro = P)
In all these cases, the values of P1 - P4 can not be less than zero or greater than 2.375. I will try to spell out what those values mean in terms of base QB stats.

P1 = (Completion / Attempt) - .3) x 5
No penalty for completion percentage below 30%. No further benefit for completion percentage above 77.5%

P2 = (Yards/Attempt - 3) x 0.25
No penalty for average gain below 3 yards. No added benefit for gain > 12.5.

P3 = (TD/Attempt) x 20
Naturally lower-bounded at zero. Upper bound would be 11.875% TD percentage.

P4 = 2.375 - ((Int/Attempt) x 25).
Naturally upper-bounded at 2.375 for no interceptions. Upper limit would be at 9.5% INT percentage.

From there it's [(P1 + P2 + P3 + P4) / 6] X 100. The maximum theoretical rating from this formula would be 158.3 (repeating)
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:
Davey wrote:
Bobikus wrote:

It's just so completely the opposite of how he actually acted at WVU. Geno NEVER shifted blame to his teammates, his coach, anything else. When Hologorsen or reporters here would try to excuse a rough game or bad throw, he'd by the first to put the responsibility for it on his own shoulders. When we were winning or when he put up video game stats like against Baylor, he was the first to talk about how well his receivers and line play, and point out where in those games he messed up and what he needed to improve on.

Also I get the feeling Manish Mehta is not a good reporter and I will grow to dislike him if I begin following the Jets more.

Your spot on with this. I forget where he started (Star Ledger?) but ever since he started writing for NYDN he is utter trash. Jets fans liked him in the beginning, but literally everyone thinks hes scum now. All he does is quote his "anonymous" sources and spew trash. He knows next to nothing about football.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobikus wrote:

Smart man. Do your best to avoid anything he vomits onto paper.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
jg6041

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
Bobikus wrote:

Smart man. Do your best to avoid anything he vomits onto paper.

He is a literary genius compared to the guys Yahoo puts out. Here is a piece by Jason Cole.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--geno-smith-s-firing-of-agents--pre-draft-actions-shed-light-on-why-qb-dropped-183846651.html

Was it Colin Kaepernick?
Jetfan66

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genos attitude AFTER the draft has me scared. He does seem like a diva. Firing his agent. Then reports come out that he was on his cell phone texting and checking twitter during his personal meetings.

R.I.P. Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
"We are worried. Kris Jenkins eats O-Lineman better then Kobayashi eats hot dogs." -Stephen Neal, Dan Koppen, and Logan Mankins
sandwhich

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetfan66 wrote:
Genos attitude AFTER the draft has me scared. He does seem like a diva. Firing his agent. Then reports come out that he was on his cell phone texting and checking twitter during his personal meetings.

The article about the pre-draft meetings is from an anonymous source and is completely lacking in information. It could have been something silly like some random executive walked into the room one time and saw Geno on his cell phone. We have no idea. It's a singular report and the circumstances aren't provided. The source isn't a trustworthy opinion.

Players firing their agents shouldn't be news, it just is if you're a QB and you play for the Jets. It's not a big deal.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya the thing with the bad meetings could be any FO person who wants to keep the Jets circus stuff alive. Unless someone goes on record I don't care, and i take it with a grain of salt.

As far as his draft day demenor, I expect him to be mad, he got passed over 38 times. Aaron Rodgers wasn't all that happy about it either and he turned out ok.

He has the right to fire his agents if he wants to, especially if there is a good reason, which there seems to be. The big reason I have heard the rings true is that they advised him not to go to the senior bowl... which is really only done to SURE FIRE #1 picks like Luck. Those guys can skip the senior bowl, anyone else who has faith in their skills and wants to improve their draft position should be AT the senior bowl. His agents played the situation wrong and ended up costing him money. Personally I think Geno would have shined at the senior bowl.

Whose the 1 QB who looked good at the senior bowl???? the ONE guy taken ahead of Geno.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted this in the draft thread on April 24th.

Quote:
I'm not really liking Geno's attitude right now. He seem to be too worried about what these scouts are saying about him instead of preparing for the next level. I understand using it as motivation, but he talk/tweet about it alot. His success will be determine on what team he goes to. Not saying he is going to be a bust, but I would be worried about how he handles the NY spot light.

So I can't sit and pretend like I never had any doubts about his character. If the recent reports are true, this is a huge red flag and I hope he fixes it quickly. I'm rooting for him become a great QB so we won't have to worry about this QB mess any more. The good thing is that we don't have to give him 1st round pick money.

Quote:
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
green24

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The media sucks.
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadspin's response to the Cole column was very good, it really shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 73 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT: 0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: