Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Geno Smith...SMH
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronjon09

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Geno Smith...SMH Reply with quote

Are any of you guys worried about Geno's body language/actions during and after the draft. He seems to be a little too cocky and tbh, I feel like he simply isn't ready or capable of handling scrutiny. How do you guys feel?
ekill08x

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like if anyone else who was supposed to go top5 - top10 would have the same body language. Its been like 4 days and his already being criticized. Lets see him on the field before hes judged on his facial expressions. Considering the fact that mark sanchez is our starter we cant much worse with body language or being weak.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
rampantjet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like he will be fine, he is firey during the games, and it seems to work for him. I am tired of us treating QB's like they are politicians, he just has to throw passes and win games.

Also we have a Geno Smith thread already.
jimbo1904

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bill polian said anything shown at draft is absolutely the dumbest thing he's heard when considering drafting a guy. he was referring to genos body languageand initial thought of not coming to day 2. we are already putting him under a scope, jeez.
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimbo1904 wrote:
bill polian said anything shown at draft is absolutely the dumbest thing he's heard when considering drafting a guy. he was referring to genos body languageand initial thought of not coming to day 2. we are already putting him under a scope, jeez.

I guess crying is a bad character. umm

teamorange

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
jimbo1904 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NoeH_RkmcA

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

rdelaney89

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
jimbo1904 wrote:

This was not dissing Geno. Polian was saying how his attitude at the draft should have no baring on what teams think of him.
quietjetsket

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know... it is people.
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you rather him look happy? WTH is wrong with people.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Would you rather him look happy? WTH is wrong with people.

For real.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole draft process is a long, drawn out, mentally and physically exhausting saga for these guys. After all that, you have a camera on you every second as you sit there not being picked, grumblings all around, watching team after team that promised you they'd take you if you were there when they picked pass you by.

It's a harsh, "Welcome to the NFL" moment. He wasn't a Jet when he was sitting there waiting to be picked. All I care about is what he does from here on out. I would have been angry too. Let's hope it gives him that extra motivation all QB's need.

- Cliff Burton
rampantjet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This kid seems like he is gonna come in with a chip on his shoulder, and i bet he stays in the building late every day. The biggest competition between him and Sanchez will be who gets to the building earlier and stays later, that can only be good for us.
KBS756

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anything I am happy he was upset, and to me looked a bit offended and disrespected.

Theres gonna be a huge chip on his shoulder and the guy is gonna work like crazy to prove everyone who passed on him wrong.

If your honest with yourself and your him you would feel horrible too and probably would show it. I entered Rutgers Student Film Festival just now... I invested crazy amounts of time and effort into my animation project, and I may say or act like I wont feel bad if someone beats me, but in all honesty I will.

Geno has been working for this longer and harder then I have on what I do, and I think he has earned the right to appear upset, and irritated by dropping out of the first like that. It's something he is passionate for let him use it as a fire to fuel him and improve his game
rampantjet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a side note can anyone explain how college arrives at its Quarterback ratings? I was comparing stats(for no real reason) between Luck in college and Geno. Geno threw for 700 more yards 5 more touchdowns and 4 less Ints and they had the same completion % yet Luck had a 5 point higher Quarterback Rating..... that makes 0 sense to me.... i call shenanigans.
Bobikus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Higher YPA and TD%. In terms of NFL rating, Geno had a 117.5 to Luck's 118.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: