Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Super Bowl era . No QB has started post season career 1-4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Swift924


Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Posts: 885
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
Again I say wtf.

This is the best our franchise has ever been for a sustained period of time, and we act like this. This is the reason we have poor attendance at games for the Falcons, Braves, and Hawks. This is the reason ATL is "not a sports town".

We will be fine moving forward. IMO this thread should have been locked a long time ago.....


Atlanta is a poor sports town cause it settles for medocrity. Case in point your response . Again only one team the Braves have brought a championship to the city of Atlanta . Do you think fans of Pittsburg Steelers or Ny Yankees proud franchises are content of just making playoffs ? ohh well we get em next year is a defeatist attitude and if that never changes Atlanta franchises will continue to face attendance problems .


It's sad that the attendence during Vick days was higher than Ryan era but Falcons were a draw . They were excitement . Braves ruled for a decade and still faced issues getting people to ball park .


Just not championship run franchises .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adam9


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Posts: 14192
Location: Kennesaw, GA
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lose 50 IQ points reading posts on here sometimes. It sickens me how some ATL fans act.

Hey Matt Ryan is 1-4 in the playoffs, he will never win a championship. If you search hard enough you can find a stat for anything. Oh less than 5% of championships were won with a QB named Matt, he will never win a championship. No team ever named the Falcons have won an NFL championship, odds aren't in our favor there either.. No QB to ever throw a TD on his first ever pass in the NFL has won a title, oh no lets freakout.

Let's focus on every negative stat we can find instead of embracing the bright present and future. If all of our fans had this negative of an attitude, not a single soul would be at home games besides opposing fans. The negativity should be something embarrassing, but its being posted as something as if it is being glorified. No ATL fans care about these obscure stats, but the raid of trolls in our forum apparently do. WE DO NOT GIVE A SINGLE DAMN
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BeeperKing


Joined: 10 Feb 2013
Posts: 4279
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
I lose 50 IQ points reading posts on here sometimes. It sickens me how some ATL fans act.

Hey Matt Ryan is 1-4 in the playoffs, he will never win a championship. If you search hard enough you can find a stat for anything. Oh less than 5% of championships were won with a QB named Matt, he will never win a championship. No team ever named the Falcons have won an NFL championship, odds aren't in our favor there either.. No QB to ever throw a TD on his first ever pass in the NFL has won a title, oh no lets freakout.

Let's focus on every negative stat we can find instead of embracing the bright present and future. If all of our fans had this negative of an attitude, not a single soul would be at home games besides opposing fans. The negativity should be something embarrassing, but its being posted as something as if it is being glorified. No ATL fans care about these obscure stats, but the raid of trolls in our forum apparently do. WE DO NOT GIVE A SINGLE DAMN


Amen. Swift, I really hope you can actually root for this team one day.
_________________


Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones
FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GSUeagles14


Joined: 21 Jan 2011
Posts: 6187
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
matt2roddy wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
SpicyMcHaggis wrote:
Quote:
That is what I am getting at our general manager has put the focus on the offensive end and has done everything for Ryan to succeed from a offensive stand point .


In 2009 we spent our entire draft on defense except for RT Reynolds. This year, we spent our entire draft except 2 picks (one being the last pick) on defense again.

How can you think that defense wasn't a 'focus' in 2009 draft as well as this year.


We have traded multiple picks for offense . 6 in total when you count the Tony G trade . That hurts teams depth and building of a defense . If we would have stood at our draft selection in 2011' draft instead of mortgaging future draft picks for offensive side of the field ( especially how poor our defense) played in 10' GB Packers game our defense could have been better if TD would have stand pat

11' Draft
Had a shot at Phil Taylor or Muhammad Wilkerson - interior dline ( improved)

2nd round pick we gave up a solid DE 3/4 hybrid falls into Falcons draft Justin Houston

4th round pick used in trade . What happens if TD drafts Richard Sherman ?


2012 1st round pick given up in trade Janornis Jenkins ?


again the Julio trade could be where this team lost all hope to win a championship that one trade could determine our future .

Phil Taylor has been injury prone, Wilkerson fits a 3-4 better
Justin Houston doesn't fit our scheme
Richard Sherman would have been a great pick, but come on how tf are you gonna guess that a 5th round corner would be one of the premier corners in the NFL? I'm sure, had TD have known, he would have drafted Sherman one way or another.
Jenkins had character concerns and I would rather have the two corners that we have now.

So in all, no I do not regret having Julio. TD missed on some picks early on that would have made this defense great, but focusing on offense in 2011 is not something that I fault him at all for.



You think smart franchises like Pitt and Balt would have made that trade or GB Packers ? nope they can find ways to upgrade the offense without mortgaging future draft picks

Torrey Smith
Randall Cobb
Brown and Wallace


Again Falcons could have easily drafted Torrey Smith or Cobb and that would have been upgrade over Jenkins . They didnt need Julio Jones and neither did we . What Falcons needed was a better all around team and a respectable defense in playoffs


Again take a look at 2011' playoffs with Julio we were shut out 0 points


SO we need to add more offense since we didnt score any points, right? Sometimes i hope youre just trolling since youre logic is borderline embarrassing. I think we should draft even more offense so we score 75 points a game and then we will never lose!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Willthethrill_H


Joined: 15 Jan 2012
Posts: 641
Location: Birmingham, AL
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
I lose 50 IQ points reading posts on here sometimes. It sickens me how some ATL fans act.

Hey Matt Ryan is 1-4 in the playoffs, he will never win a championship. If you search hard enough you can find a stat for anything. Oh less than 5% of championships were won with a QB named Matt, he will never win a championship. No team ever named the Falcons have won an NFL championship, odds aren't in our favor there either.. No QB to ever throw a TD on his first ever pass in the NFL has won a title, oh no lets freakout.

Let's focus on every negative stat we can find instead of embracing the bright present and future. If all of our fans had this negative of an attitude, not a single soul would be at home games besides opposing fans. The negativity should be something embarrassing, but its being posted as something as if it is being glorified. No ATL fans care about these obscure stats, but the raid of trolls in our forum apparently do. WE DO NOT GIVE A SINGLE DAMN


Preach it!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lentz33


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 2669
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I read the title of this I knew who posted it. It's just pathetic.
_________________


Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 76-111 68.4% 965 yards 7 TDs 3 INTs 105.2 QB Rating
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SpicyMcHaggis


Joined: 09 Nov 2008
Posts: 750
Location: South Florida
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When I read the title of this I knew who posted it. It's just pathetic.


+1


I will no longer be responding to any messages that Swift924 posts or responds to. He clearly is not a Falcons fan. I encourage everyone else to do the same.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Swift924


Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Posts: 885
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GSUeagles14 wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
matt2roddy wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
SpicyMcHaggis wrote:
Quote:
That is what I am getting at our general manager has put the focus on the offensive end and has done everything for Ryan to succeed from a offensive stand point .


In 2009 we spent our entire draft on defense except for RT Reynolds. This year, we spent our entire draft except 2 picks (one being the last pick) on defense again.

How can you think that defense wasn't a 'focus' in 2009 draft as well as this year.


We have traded multiple picks for offense . 6 in total when you count the Tony G trade . That hurts teams depth and building of a defense . If we would have stood at our draft selection in 2011' draft instead of mortgaging future draft picks for offensive side of the field ( especially how poor our defense) played in 10' GB Packers game our defense could have been better if TD would have stand pat

11' Draft
Had a shot at Phil Taylor or Muhammad Wilkerson - interior dline ( improved)

2nd round pick we gave up a solid DE 3/4 hybrid falls into Falcons draft Justin Houston

4th round pick used in trade . What happens if TD drafts Richard Sherman ?


2012 1st round pick given up in trade Janornis Jenkins ?


again the Julio trade could be where this team lost all hope to win a championship that one trade could determine our future .

Phil Taylor has been injury prone, Wilkerson fits a 3-4 better
Justin Houston doesn't fit our scheme
Richard Sherman would have been a great pick, but come on how tf are you gonna guess that a 5th round corner would be one of the premier corners in the NFL? I'm sure, had TD have known, he would have drafted Sherman one way or another.
Jenkins had character concerns and I would rather have the two corners that we have now.

So in all, no I do not regret having Julio. TD missed on some picks early on that would have made this defense great, but focusing on offense in 2011 is not something that I fault him at all for.



You think smart franchises like Pitt and Balt would have made that trade or GB Packers ? nope they can find ways to upgrade the offense without mortgaging future draft picks

Torrey Smith
Randall Cobb
Brown and Wallace


Again Falcons could have easily drafted Torrey Smith or Cobb and that would have been upgrade over Jenkins . They didnt need Julio Jones and neither did we . What Falcons needed was a better all around team and a respectable defense in playoffs


Again take a look at 2011' playoffs with Julio we were shut out 0 points


SO we need to add more offense since we didnt score any points, right? Sometimes i hope youre just trolling since youre logic is borderline embarrassing. I think we should draft even more offense so we score 75 points a game and then we will never lose!!!



Falcons didnt need more offense . They needed to be better all around team and focus on trenches and getting to the QB . You should read up on the shiny hood ornament theory .


The Giants pounded the testosterone out of the Falcons Sunday, with a dominant 24-2 victory that left no doubt about who were the men and who were the boys in this NFC battle.
Atlanta's only points were a safety generated by the defense. That's right, folks: Here in a season when passing records are being shredded like old Enron balance sheets, Matt Ryan and his galaxy of so-called star receivers were shut out, blanked, zip-o-fied.
The entire punch-less offensive (in both senses of the word) effort was an indictment of the team's disastrous decision to mortgage its future to move up the board to grab Julio Jones in the first round of the 2011 draft. General manager Thomas Dimitroff should be forced to walk the pigskin plank for orchestrating this foul-sounding yet predictable disaster.
So the game was not just a win for the Giants. It was also a win for the only force in football since the 1972 Dolphins to go undefeated and untied: the Cold, Hard Football Facts Shiny Hood Ornament Man Law.
If you're new to the Mighty CHFF, this Man Law tells us that wide receivers are nothing more than Shiny Hood Ornaments decorating the engine of NFL teams. They look all nice and flashy and they cause fans to "ooh" and "ahh." But they don't make the engine run any better.
The Cold, Hard Football Fact, proven through all of NFL history, is that the impact of wide receivers is wildly overvalued by fans, analysts and, most damningly, by teams, coaches and executives, like Dimitroff, who should know better ... but don't.
The Shiny Hood Ornament Man Law proved so powerful in the 2010 season that we elevated it from the Shiny Hood Ornament Theory to its present status. It is no longer an idea or a concept. It is an irrefutable state of nature and exists all around us. Call it gravity for the gridiron.
The 2011 Falcons are the latest team to challenge the Shiny Hood Ornament Man Law, then hurt itself plummeting back to Earth in the process.
Atlanta torched badly chasing a Shiny Hood Ornament
The Falcons failed to study the Shiny Hood Ornament Man Law back in the 2011 draft. So they not only drafted wide receiver Jones in the first round, which is almost always a mistake, but also did the unthinkable to make it happen. They mortgaged their future, trading five draft picks to move up the draft board to grab Jones with the No. 6 overall pick. In other words, the Falcons made other parts of the team worse in the belief that a Shiny Hood Ornament would make the entire Atlanta vehicle run better.
We knew it was a bad move the moment it happened, especially for a team that went 13-3 the year before but failed to win a single playoff game because of problems that were exposed so badly by the Packers. In fact, we issued Atlanta a D- in our Sports Illustrated draft grades. So we're not engaging in a little revisionist history. The Shiny Hood Ornament Man Law told us it was an impending disaster the second the deal unfolded.
The mistake on draft day proved to be a mistake all year, as Atlanta took a step back by every meaningful measure.
The Atlanta Falcons' decline
2010 2011
Record 13-3 10-6
Playoff seed No. 1 No. 5
Points scored 414 402
Points allowed 288 350
So here's what the Falcons got for their five draft picks: they won fewer games, scored fewer points, surrendered more points and tumbled from the No. 1 seed to the No. 5 seed -- all because they believed placing a bright Shiny Hood Ornament on the offense would make the team run faster.
Oh, and just for good measure, they have no No. 1 pick in the 2012 draft to help fix the obvious problems, like an offensive line that can't get a push when needed and a defense that fell off badly. Other than that, it was a great decision to mortgage the future to pick up a Shiny Hood Ornament.
The disaster unfolds Sunday in front of Football Nation
The stupidity of the decision came crashing down on the Falcons for all of Football Nation to see on Sunday: the Atlanta passing game was a disaster, the Falcons were shut out, the offensive line was overmatched and its receivers were no-shows. Here's what we said Sunday in our Falcons-Giants grades on SI.com:
"Atlanta's star-studded pass-catching corps of Jones, Roddy White and future Hall of Fame tight end Tony Gonzalez were non-factors, unable to get separation. They combined for 16 ineffective catches for 160 yards. Decent numbers, but zero game-changing plays for such a high-profile trio."
And that statement, in a nutshell, is a very good explanation of why receivers are Shiny Hood Ornaments. They can't make game-changing plays if the QB can't get them the ball. A lot of things have to be working right for Shiny Hood Ornaments to, first, get the ball and, second, do something meaningful with it.
Even the best Shiny Hood Ornaments touch the ball only four or five times a game -- a fact that seems lost on analysts and executives who habitually over-value their impact. (By the way, Gonzalez is another example of the Shiny Hood Ornament Man Law in action. He's the all-time leader in everything by a tight end. What's he got for it? He has 16 catches, 157 yards, two TDs and zero wins in five career playoff games, including a quiet four catches for 44 yards on Sunday.)
So here's what the Falcons got Sunday for those five draft picks in the biggest game of the year:
1. They got an offense that scored zero points against a team that surrendered 400 points during the regular season, the most by any playoff team.
2. They got seven ineffective catches for 64 yards -- just 9.1 YPC -- from Jones, a guy who's supposed to be a once-in-a-lifetime game-changer.
3. They got zero movement from their offensive line in one key short-yardage situation after another -- a nail-spitting animal at right guard would have been a lot more valuable to the Falcons in the biggest game of the year than an over-valued Shiny Hood Ornament.
There was also a certain irony to the fact the Falcons and their Shiny Hood Ornament were overwhelmed by the Giants. New York's leading receiver this year was Victor Cruz, who set a franchise record with 1,536 receiving yards, including a signature record-tying 99-yard touchdown reception in a must-win game over the Jets on Christmas Eve.
The record-setting Cruz was an undrafted free agent out of UMass. Yes, he's a Shiny Hood Ornament, too. He still only touches the ball four or five times per game. But the Giants found him with their morning coffee one day in 2010. They didn't make their team worse in the effort to land him. He's productive because he's paired with a great quarterback.
QBs make WRS; WRs do not make QBs
All of which brings us to the elephant in the room in Atlanta's 2011 post-mortem of pigskin: Falcons quarterback Matt Ryan simply can't get it done.
He's consistently had trouble getting the ball downfield throughout his career, and has now played poorly in three straight playoff games. In fact, Ryan has statistically stagnated somewhere well below mediocre in his three postseason games, all losses: 72.8 rating in the 2008 playoffs; 69.0 rating in the 2010 playoffs; and 71.1 rating here in the 2011 playoffs.
t doesn't matter how many so-called "weapons" you put around a quarterback. The Shiny Hood Ornament Man Law tells us that quarterbacks make wide receivers, not the other way around. And right now we have four years of evidence saying that Ryan is not good enough to make his receivers better.
In either case, executives and coaches who are unaware of the Shiny Hood Ornament Man Law are like physicists are unaware of Newton's Laws of Motion. They have no business being in the field and need to find another line of work.
ColdHardFootballFacts.com is dedicated to cutting-edge analysis and to the "gridiron lifestyle" of beer, food and football. Follow them on Twitter and Facebook. Email comments to siwriters@simail.com.


Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/kerry_byrne/01/10/julio.jones.trade/index.html#ixzz2S2XmRrUb
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Swift924


Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Posts: 885
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
adam9 wrote:
I lose 50 IQ points reading posts on here sometimes. It sickens me how some ATL fans act.

Hey Matt Ryan is 1-4 in the playoffs, he will never win a championship. If you search hard enough you can find a stat for anything. Oh less than 5% of championships were won with a QB named Matt, he will never win a championship. No team ever named the Falcons have won an NFL championship, odds aren't in our favor there either.. No QB to ever throw a TD on his first ever pass in the NFL has won a title, oh no lets freakout.

Let's focus on every negative stat we can find instead of embracing the bright present and future. If all of our fans had this negative of an attitude, not a single soul would be at home games besides opposing fans. The negativity should be something embarrassing, but its being posted as something as if it is being glorified. No ATL fans care about these obscure stats, but the raid of trolls in our forum apparently do. WE DO NOT GIVE A SINGLE DAMN


Amen. Swift, I really hope you can actually root for this team one day.


I root for team every Sunday . I just want then to accomplish their goals which is a championship . Up until they accomplish goals I feel it's a fans right to criticize until they do
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tech2186


Joined: 01 Jan 2008
Posts: 4473
Location: Dawg House
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is an interesting theory. I love Julio now that he is here but at the time I thought Atl gave up too many picks when we had Oline and Dline issues. However, that Giants team did win the Superbowl that year. They were pretty damn good towards the end of the season. Could those 5 rookie picks really have helped us? Maybe we would have lost 24-17 with those picks?

Remember, we had BVG and Mularkey as coordinators. They were just plain bad and Matt had no variety in the playcalling with Mularkey. BVG was just plain awful. Now it's simply too early to know if that Julio pick was too risky. If Matt wins a Superbowl 2-3 years from now with Julio on the team would you be able to call it a success? I would. The draft is mostly about building for the future. Not today. That is what Free Agency is for. A good organization knows how to infuse rookies with vets and those teams are often picking in the top 20s to 32.

Should that Julio draft been a draft where we focused on Oline and Dline depth? Yes, it probably was. Did it set this franchise back from winning a Superbowl the past couple of years? Maybe. Did the Julio trade prevent the Falcons from ever winning the Superbowl in the future? No one can answer that question because we simply don't know.

What we do know is that we are a young franchise that has been to the playoffs 4 out of the 5 times this regime has been here. You keep knocking on the door and someone is going to answer. The Falcons are on the right path. Sure their are mistakes that will be made, but for the most part I believe this team has a "killer" attitude that no longer settles for 2nd best.
_________________


ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Swift924


Joined: 26 Jan 2012
Posts: 885
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
That is an interesting theory. I love Julio now that he is here but at the time I thought Atl gave up too many picks when we had Oline and Dline issues. However, that Giants team did win the Superbowl that year. They were pretty damn good towards the end of the season. Could those 5 rookie picks really have helped us? Maybe we would have lost 24-17 with those picks?

Remember, we had BVG and Mularkey as coordinators. They were just plain bad and Matt had no variety in the playcalling with Mularkey. BVG was just plain awful. Now it's simply too early to know if that Julio pick was too risky. If Matt wins a Superbowl 2-3 years from now with Julio on the team would you be able to call it a success? I would. The draft is mostly about building for the future. Not today. That is what Free Agency is for. A good organization knows how to infuse rookies with vets and those teams are often picking in the top 20s to 32.

Should that Julio draft been a draft where we focused on Oline and Dline depth? Yes, it probably was. Did it set this franchise back from winning a Superbowl the past couple of years? Maybe. Did the Julio trade prevent the Falcons from ever winning the Superbowl in the future? No one can answer that question because we simply don't know.

What we do know is that we are a young franchise that has been to the playoffs 4 out of the 5 times this regime has been here. You keep knocking on the door and someone is going to answer. The Falcons are on the right path. Sure their are mistakes that will be made, but for the most part I believe this team has a "killer" attitude that no longer settles for 2nd best.




Good reply...I think the killer attitude lacks from toughness in the trenches. We became a finesse soft team instead of ground and pound and smack you in mouth . When Harvey Dahl was here we had a attitude to the line. This team we have right now is soft . There should be no reason how we blow a 17-0 lead at home to a team with a inexperienced QB in Collin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tech2186


Joined: 01 Jan 2008
Posts: 4473
Location: Dawg House
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
That is an interesting theory. I love Julio now that he is here but at the time I thought Atl gave up too many picks when we had Oline and Dline issues. However, that Giants team did win the Superbowl that year. They were pretty damn good towards the end of the season. Could those 5 rookie picks really have helped us? Maybe we would have lost 24-17 with those picks?

Remember, we had BVG and Mularkey as coordinators. They were just plain bad and Matt had no variety in the playcalling with Mularkey. BVG was just plain awful. Now it's simply too early to know if that Julio pick was too risky. If Matt wins a Superbowl 2-3 years from now with Julio on the team would you be able to call it a success? I would. The draft is mostly about building for the future. Not today. That is what Free Agency is for. A good organization knows how to infuse rookies with vets and those teams are often picking in the top 20s to 32.

Should that Julio draft been a draft where we focused on Oline and Dline depth? Yes, it probably was. Did it set this franchise back from winning a Superbowl the past couple of years? Maybe. Did the Julio trade prevent the Falcons from ever winning the Superbowl in the future? No one can answer that question because we simply don't know.

What we do know is that we are a young franchise that has been to the playoffs 4 out of the 5 times this regime has been here. You keep knocking on the door and someone is going to answer. The Falcons are on the right path. Sure their are mistakes that will be made, but for the most part I believe this team has a "killer" attitude that no longer settles for 2nd best.




Good reply...I think the killer attitude lacks from toughness in the trenches. We became a finesse soft team instead of ground and pound and smack you in mouth . When Harvey Dahl was here we had a attitude to the line. This team we have right now is soft . There should be no reason how we blow a 17-0 lead at home to a team with a inexperienced QB in Collin


This team has def moved away from it's ground and pound attitude over the years. But with the addition of Jackson and our new Oline additions I feel we can get back to some of that and add some balance. Running the football is very underrated nowadays. The NFL has fallen in love with this pass happy attack. But if you look at the Superbowl teams they had one thing in common. They used the run to set up the pass. We blew that 17 point lead because we didnt have an adequate run game which made us one dimensional.

Only time will tell but Konz and Holmes could be those tough additions we need on the Oline. They certianly have the size to be intimidating. As far as the D I believe Osi will bring that "winning" attitude this team has lacked. Only Asante came from a winning blood line. Now we have another addition on the D line that does as well. I believe that will aid our pass rush a bit. But it's time for Weatherspoon to be a superstar. He has to put his stamp on this Defense this year. He is the key IMO to our Defense getting better.
_________________


ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
falconidaeTATF


Joined: 25 Mar 2013
Posts: 92
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, if HD had kept his feet and the Falcons had beaten SF, Ryan would be able to win a Super Bowl?

Going back a few years, if Vick hadn't had a brain lock with 30 seconds left and beaten the packers, Falcons would have played Seattle the next week and waxed them and Ryan would be eligible for a super bowl win?

Rogers in his championship game: 17/30/57%/244/0/2/55QB rating

Ryan in his championship game 30/42/70%/396/3/1/ 114


If you think Ryan's numbers from his last game won't win a lot of postseason games, you're in serious denial about what happened on that day.



And nobody is trading a QB with the kind of success Ryan has had the first 5 years for an unknown. You can't find a single instance where that happened.


You also run into the same problem building a team around D as you do building around a QB- you run out of cap room, except that you have to pay 5-6 players on the D as opposed to a QB. Ravens didn't cut a bunch of players because of Flaccos cap hit, but because of the cap hits from their D players.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
falconidaeTATF


Joined: 25 Mar 2013
Posts: 92
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl era . No QB has started post season career 1- Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
and won a Super Bowl . Doesn't look good for Ryan if that trend conintues


Crazy stat when you think about it


So here are the playoff records of Super Bowl QBs who didn't win it in their first year:

3-6 Peyton

1-2 Brees

0-2 Eli

5-4 Flacco

0-1 Rodgers

1-3 Johnson

2-2 Young, 10 years in

7-7 Elway

1-2 Bradshaw

1-1 Dilfer

4-3 Farve

1-1 Rypien

2-2 Simms

1-3 Williams


3-6 or 1-3 isn't any different than 1-4.


What this shows to me is it sometimes takes a few years for some QBs to get to the super bowl.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group