Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Super Bowl era . No QB has started post season career 1-4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

give ryan a defense like the 9ers and see what happens

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:

So you saying the Falcons have been built wrong ?
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:

not anywhere did i say the falcons have been "built wrong". everyone can agree that the falcons are obviously an offensive-based team right now. our offense is absolutely stacked. our defense is alright, but could, and hopefully will be, better this year. our defense isnt even close to the level of the 9ers.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
SpoonFed56 wrote:

not anywhere did i say the falcons have been "built wrong". everyone can agree that the falcons are obviously an offensive-based team right now. our offense is absolutely stacked. our defense is alright, but could, and hopefully will be, better this year. our defense isnt even close to the level of the 9ers.

The 49ers wouldn't have spent 5 draft picks on a wr . That is what I am getting at our general manager has put the focus on the offensive end and has done everything for Ryan to succeed from a offensive stand point . Last year our defense was also ranked 5th in points allowed in regular season
and I know your counter will be how did they perform in playoffs ! true but also how did stout 49ers defense perform in playoffs ?
SpicyMcHaggis

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That is what I am getting at our general manager has put the focus on the offensive end and has done everything for Ryan to succeed from a offensive stand point .

In 2009 we spent our entire draft on defense except for RT Reynolds. This year, we spent our entire draft except 2 picks (one being the last pick) on defense again.

How can you think that defense wasn't a 'focus' in 2009 draft as well as this year.
GrimeyKid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trolilololol

2012 Adopt-A-Falcon

Jacquizz Rodgers #32
Swift924

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpicyMcHaggis wrote:
Quote:
That is what I am getting at our general manager has put the focus on the offensive end and has done everything for Ryan to succeed from a offensive stand point .

In 2009 we spent our entire draft on defense except for RT Reynolds. This year, we spent our entire draft except 2 picks (one being the last pick) on defense again.

How can you think that defense wasn't a 'focus' in 2009 draft as well as this year.

We have traded multiple picks for offense . 6 in total when you count the Tony G trade . That hurts teams depth and building of a defense . If we would have stood at our draft selection in 2011' draft instead of mortgaging future draft picks for offensive side of the field ( especially how poor our defense) played in 10' GB Packers game our defense could have been better if TD would have stand pat

11' Draft
Had a shot at Phil Taylor or Muhammad Wilkerson - interior dline ( improved)

2nd round pick we gave up a solid DE 3/4 hybrid falls into Falcons draft Justin Houston

4th round pick used in trade . What happens if TD drafts Richard Sherman ?

2012 1st round pick given up in trade Janornis Jenkins ?

again the Julio trade could be where this team lost all hope to win a championship that one trade could determine our future .
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
SpicyMcHaggis wrote:
Quote:

We have traded multiple picks for offense . 6 in total when you count the Tony G trade . That hurts teams depth and building of a defense . If we would have stood at our draft selection in 2011' draft instead of mortgaging future draft picks for offensive side of the field ( especially how poor our defense) played in 10' GB Packers game our defense could have been better if TD would have stand pat

11' Draft

2nd round pick we gave up a solid DE 3/4 hybrid falls into Falcons draft Justin Houston

again the Julio trade could be where this team lost all hope to win a championship that one trade could determine our future .

I think you need to stop looking at the past and start looking towards the future. We are one of the best teams in the league and a legit Super Bowl contender. Can't you just enjoy that?

Daboyle250 on the sig

Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones

FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
matt2roddy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
SpicyMcHaggis wrote:
Quote:

11' Draft

Phil Taylor has been injury prone, Wilkerson fits a 3-4 better
Justin Houston doesn't fit our scheme
Richard Sherman would have been a great pick, but come on how tf are you gonna guess that a 5th round corner would be one of the premier corners in the NFL? I'm sure, had TD have known, he would have drafted Sherman one way or another.
Jenkins had character concerns and I would rather have the two corners that we have now.

So in all, no I do not regret having Julio. TD missed on some picks early on that would have made this defense great, but focusing on offense in 2011 is not something that I fault him at all for.

My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
SpicyMcHaggis

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
again the Julio trade could be where this team lost all hope to win a championship that one trade could determine our future

Go away Troll.
CoachFunk7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This might be the stupidest and most pointless thread on this board.

89 tackles; 3 sacks; 6 passes defensed
Swift924

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
SpicyMcHaggis wrote:
Quote:

11' Draft

I think you need to stop looking at the past and start looking towards the future. We are one of the best teams in the league and a legit Super Bowl contender. Can't you just enjoy that?

I don't see as a legit Super Bowl team . Not with our defense . They were exploited by two inexperienced QBs on the road . Could you trust this defense in a big stop I can't . I will enjoy when this team accomplish their goals of winning a championship . Right now at this point we are no better than SD Chargers during Schotty days
Swift924

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt2roddy wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
SpicyMcHaggis wrote:
Quote:

11' Draft

Phil Taylor has been injury prone, Wilkerson fits a 3-4 better
Justin Houston doesn't fit our scheme
Richard Sherman would have been a great pick, but come on how tf are you gonna guess that a 5th round corner would be one of the premier corners in the NFL? I'm sure, had TD have known, he would have drafted Sherman one way or another.
Jenkins had character concerns and I would rather have the two corners that we have now.

So in all, no I do not regret having Julio. TD missed on some picks early on that would have made this defense great, but focusing on offense in 2011 is not something that I fault him at all for.

You think smart franchises like Pitt and Balt would have made that trade or GB Packers ? nope they can find ways to upgrade the offense without mortgaging future draft picks

Torrey Smith
Randall Cobb
Brown and Wallace

Again Falcons could have easily drafted Torrey Smith or Cobb and that would have been upgrade over Jenkins . They didnt need Julio Jones and neither did we . What Falcons needed was a better all around team and a respectable defense in playoffs

Again take a look at 2011' playoffs with Julio we were shut out 0 points
Willthethrill_H

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me make this simple. There are 32 teams in the NFL. That means if a QB played for 32 years, he should on average win 1 Super Bowl. But a more realistic career would be 10 years. Therefore, all you can expect out of any QB in the league is 1/3 of a Super Bowl in 10 years. Given that in any 10 year span in the NFL, probably only a third start almost the whole span, barring injury. This means that what you should expect out of the average 10 year starter at QB is 1 Super Bowl. Give Matt 5 years and if he still hasn't won a ring, then we can talk.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again I say wtf.

This is the best our franchise has ever been for a sustained period of time, and we act like this. This is the reason we have poor attendance at games for the Falcons, Braves, and Hawks. This is the reason ATL is "not a sports town".

We will be fine moving forward. IMO this thread should have been locked a long time ago.....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: