Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Super Bowl era . No QB has started post season career 1-4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Swift924

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Super Bowl era . No QB has started post season career 1-4 Reply with quote

and won a Super Bowl . Doesn't look good for Ryan if that trend conintues

Crazy stat when you think about it
ShockdAtFalcons

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl era . No QB has started post season career 1- Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
They see me troooooollinnnnn, they haaaaatinnnnnnn

Laughing

Peyton was 0-3 his first three playoff games.

But you're right, 1-4 = DOOMED.

We should go ahead and cut Ryan and have Dom Davis and Renfree battle it out, correct?

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
Robust Perry

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl era . No QB has started post season career 1- Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:

Matt Ryan also lead the Falcons to 2 first round playoff byes which EVERYONE seems to forget.... not necessarily forgotten people on this forum but apparently everyone in the media (especially ESPN)!

Because of these byes I count Matt Ryan's postseason record at 3-4 which I'm sure isn't too bad. I feel our team is going to be like the Peyton Manning/Colts-Lite... we make the playoffs most every year and hopefully we'll catch a few breaks, get a few big performances and win a Super Bowl.
tech2186

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl era . No QB has started post season career 1- Reply with quote

Robust Perry wrote:
Swift924 wrote:

Matt Ryan also lead the Falcons to 2 first round playoff byes which EVERYONE seems to forget.... not necessarily forgotten people on this forum but apparently everyone in the media (especially ESPN)!

Because of these byes I count Matt Ryan's postseason record at 3-4 which I'm sure isn't too bad. I feel our team is going to be like the Peyton Manning/Colts-Lite... we make the playoffs most every year and hopefully we'll catch a few breaks, get a few big performances and win a Super Bowl.

3-4 record is really correct. I always counted a bye as a win.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
Swift924

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl era . No QB has started post season career 1- Reply with quote

Robust Perry wrote:
Swift924 wrote:

It's nice you might count that as a win but record books don't . In 2010 we showed in our first playoff game how fraudulent our record was in regular season when we had doors blown off by the Green Bay Packers. I just don't count byes as a win .

Also I believe there is only no team in history of NFL that has blown two number 1 seeds( meaning not get to Super Bowl) in that time frame to go on in following 5 years to win a Super Bowl . I believe the Eagles are only team to make Super Bowl after that span
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl era . No QB has started post season career 1- Reply with quote

ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
Swift924 wrote:

Laughing

We should go ahead and cut Ryan and have Dom Davis and Renfree battle it out, correct?

The "Swift" Plan to Greatness:
1. Trade Matt Ryan for two firsts because, you know, he sucks
2. Start Dom Davis
3. ????????????????
4. SUPER BOWL!!!!!!!

Daboyle250 on the sig

Foster a Falcon: Thomas DeCoud

FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
Swift924

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl era . No QB has started post season career 1- Reply with quote

ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
Swift924 wrote:

Laughing

No , What I would suggest is if Ryan fails to lead the Falcons to a Super Bowl this season with a stacked team and probably best chance to win one . We should franchise him and look to trade him for draft picks and build around Johnny Football or Bridgewater . Instead of giving Ryan 6 years 120 mil and
hurt our future cap . Why not trade a player and build a better team with cap you spend on Ryan on defense .

DD could be a option . I believe Koetter would put DD in positions to succeed
Plus it's not like he doesn't have talent around him on offense not to succeed
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl era . No QB has started post season career 1- Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
ShockdAtFalcons wrote:
Swift924 wrote:

Laughing

No , What I would suggest is if Ryan fails to lead the Falcons to a Super Bowl this season with a stacked team and probably best chance to win one . We should franchise him and look to trade him for draft picks and build around Johnny Football or Bridgewater . Instead of giving Ryan 6 years 120 mil and
hurt our future cap . Why not trade a player and build a better team with cap you spend on Ryan on defense .

DD could be a option . I believe Koetter would put DD in positions to succeed
Plus it's not like he doesn't have talent around him on offense not to succeed

All I want to say to you is, there is a first time for everything. You can spew as many useless numbers at us that you want, but you aren't going to get anyone on your side.

There hasn't been a QB that lost his first Super Bowl start that has returned to the big game since John Elway. Does that mean the Niners are going to give up on Kaepernick? Hell no. They've found their francise QB, and just because history doesn't agree with them doesn't mean they are going to give up. And we aren't either.

With so many teams looking for francise QBs, we should cherish the one we have, even if he never wins us a Super Bowl. Would you rather be in our shoes, or the Jets, who will have a five man race for the starting job?

Daboyle250 on the sig

FakingInjuries wrote:

Swift924

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jets went back to back AFC champ games without a franchise QB . Basically proving my point .Now they are in rebuild mode cause they made some poor draft decisions and some free agent signings and they never surrounded there average QB with talent outside a defense . Again DD would be stepping into a situation with two elite Wrs and a pretty good rb

Again Matt Ryab hasn't helped Falcons to a Super Bowl when his cap was 10-12 million what will happen when cap hit goes 16-20 million ? How will Falcons win a Super Bowl then . Soon within next 3 years maybe 4 It's going to be only Ryan and Julio , Spoon as marquee players . There won't be the Steven Jackson, Roddy White , Asante , Babs, Osi etc . This year it's Super Bowl or bust and I would seriously think about trading Ryan instead of paying a QB that hasn't won a Super Bowl 20 mil per basis
swoosh

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you think Renfree was drafted? DA FUTURE HAS ARRIVED!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares?

89 tackles; 3 sacks; 6 passes defensed
Swift924

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:

you never know . All it takes is Ryan getting injured in a sport where Injuries happen and Renefree or DD lead Falcons to a Super Bowl what happens then

You want me to list how many times a QB lost job did to injury ?
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Super Bowl era . No QB has started post season career 1- Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:

First time for everything.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Willthethrill_H

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:

This^^^

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
swoosh wrote:

you never know . All it takes is Ryan getting injured in a sport where Injuries happen and Renefree or DD lead Falcons to a Super Bowl what happens then

You want me to list how many times a QB lost job did to injury ?

Uhhh...twice?

Unless I'm totally blanking on something, all I can think of is Bledsoe--Brady and Smith--Kaepernick.

And why do you have such an open attitude about Renefee and not about Ryan?

Daboyle250 on the sig

FakingInjuries wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: