Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post Draft Free Agency
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Conquest8089


Joined: 15 Jul 2008
Posts: 2680
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see Tight End as the most glaring hole for Mornhinweg's system. Cumberland is more suitable for a backup role. He lacks the real athleticism to threaten the seam or create separation. As for Konrad Reuland, he's not a playmaker. I like the UDFAs Mike Shannahan in particular, but TE is something that must be addressed.

I want YOUNG players in all moves. Win Now teams have the luxury of considering a Charles Woodson type addition, but let's look at immediate need & longterm projection.

I'd bring former Giants TE Travis Beckum in for a Try Out. 26 Years Old never stayed healthy with the Giants. If he's healthy, sign him to a non-guaranteed contract to add competition to the TE position battle.

I'd contact Howie Roseman (Eagles GM) about Clay Harbor. Would consider offering a 7th Round Pick, but would be a prelim discussion. Basically looking for information about Chip's plan. Reason being-

Eagles have:
James Casey
Brent Celek
Zach Ertz

Does Chip plan on keeping 4 Tight End types? The reason I'd give up a 7th is I'd like to get him into camp prior to final cuts at the end of August. Plus doubt he'd make it to the AFC in the Waiver Process. He's a UFA following the season, but if he proves it- resign.

This may Sound Crazy. But I'd offer the Ravens Jeremy Kerley straight up for Ed Dickson. Kerley is a UFA in 2015, and Dickson next offseason. Both are young. I can find a slot WR, but TE is such a huge need. Might even throw in a Pick b/c I think he's untapped potential.

Would keep my eye on Packers D.J. Williams in Pre-Season.

Also would scout Broncos Virgil Green & Julius Thomas should one not make the final 53.
_________________
I'm The guy who got shunned on FFs for arguing J.J. Watt should be selected 1st Overall in the 2011 Draft. I also thought Gabe Carimi would be a Perennial Pro Bowler. Live & Learn
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
rampantjet


Joined: 25 Apr 2012
Posts: 2155
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agreed with most of what you had going on there, but no way to trading Kerley. He was our most consistent WR last year by far, meanwhile Ed Dickson disappeared for not games, but portions of the season.... I would rather have Kerley thanks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mikejets22


Joined: 02 Mar 2013
Posts: 547
Location: Putnam
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rampantjet wrote:
I agreed with most of what you had going on there, but no way to trading Kerley. He was our most consistent WR last year by far, meanwhile Ed Dickson disappeared for not games, but portions of the season.... I would rather have Kerley thanks.


Agree. Kerley was our saving grace last season. Tight end is a need, but we shouldn't start mortgaging one position to fill another - this team building is not going to happen over night. Who knows where Holmes is next year, who knows if Hill pans out so essentially you could be trading our only decent WR. If we have a few solid pieces in place, we cant trade them away - Kerley is one of those pieces.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47583
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trading Kerley is a terrible idea.
_________________


#TeamManfred
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 7270
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before last season, I would have thought about trading Kerley (I think I did). But he earned my respect because of the way he stepped up. Just look back at the Texans & one of the Pats games, he looked better than just a slot WR. He has become my favorite WR on the team for now.
_________________

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ekill08x


Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 8570
Location: Patchogue, New York
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id keep Kerley too, but I think he should only play the slot, although with this team who the hell knows. We really need more weapons especially if Hill can't catch a cold and Holmes continues to be an expensive headache.
_________________

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
rampantjet


Joined: 25 Apr 2012
Posts: 2155
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TE is just such an easier position to fill than WR is. We can get by this year then drop a 2nd or 3rd rounder on a TE next year and have a bonfied starter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47583
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam Schefter wrote:
After meeting with Raiders this week, Browns free-agent WR Josh Cribbs is flying to New York to meet with Jets, per source.

_________________


#TeamManfred
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 7270
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
Adam Schefter wrote:
After meeting with Raiders this week, Browns free-agent WR Josh Cribbs is flying to New York to meet with Jets, per source.


McKnight will probably be cut if we sign Cribbs.

I just see Cribbs as depth and returning. We still don't have #2 WR yet.
_________________

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47583
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
green24 wrote:
Adam Schefter wrote:
After meeting with Raiders this week, Browns free-agent WR Josh Cribbs is flying to New York to meet with Jets, per source.


McKnight will probably be cut if we sign Cribbs.

I just see Cribbs as depth and returning. We still don't have #2 WR yet.

Jeremy Kerley is our second best receiver. If you mean a #2 outside receiver, let's hope Hill develops.
_________________


#TeamManfred
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 7270
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@RichCimini 58m
#Jets in market for WR. Braylon Edwards, Ramses Barden also on radar.


Cribbs, Barden, and Edwards. Shocked that Barden is still out there. His character or demands must be bad. I'm still rooting for us to bring in braylon to compete for the #2 spot.
_________________

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 7270
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:
green24 wrote:
Adam Schefter wrote:
After meeting with Raiders this week, Browns free-agent WR Josh Cribbs is flying to New York to meet with Jets, per source.


McKnight will probably be cut if we sign Cribbs.

I just see Cribbs as depth and returning. We still don't have #2 WR yet.

Jeremy Kerley is our second best receiver. If you mean a #2 outside receiver, let's hope Hill develops.


yeah I meant outside. I'm rooting for hill, but I wouldn't want him to go into the season without competition for the #2 spot
_________________

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JetsFan15


Joined: 05 Jan 2008
Posts: 704
Location: Dutchess County, NY
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conquest8089 wrote:
I see Tight End as the most glaring hole for Mornhinweg's system. Cumberland is more suitable for a backup role. He lacks the real athleticism to threaten the seam or create separation. As for Konrad Reuland, he's not a playmaker. I like the UDFAs Mike Shannahan in particular, but TE is something that must be addressed.

I want YOUNG players in all moves. Win Now teams have the luxury of considering a Charles Woodson type addition, but let's look at immediate need & longterm projection.

I'd bring former Giants TE Travis Beckum in for a Try Out. 26 Years Old never stayed healthy with the Giants. If he's healthy, sign him to a non-guaranteed contract to add competition to the TE position battle.

I'd contact Howie Roseman (Eagles GM) about Clay Harbor. Would consider offering a 7th Round Pick, but would be a prelim discussion. Basically looking for information about Chip's plan. Reason being-

Eagles have:
James Casey
Brent Celek
Zach Ertz

Does Chip plan on keeping 4 Tight End types? The reason I'd give up a 7th is I'd like to get him into camp prior to final cuts at the end of August. Plus doubt he'd make it to the AFC in the Waiver Process. He's a UFA following the season, but if he proves it- resign.

This may Sound Crazy. But I'd offer the Ravens Jeremy Kerley straight up for Ed Dickson. Kerley is a UFA in 2015, and Dickson next offseason. Both are young. I can find a slot WR, but TE is such a huge need. Might even throw in a Pick b/c I think he's untapped potential.

Would keep my eye on Packers D.J. Williams in Pre-Season.

Also would scout Broncos Virgil Green & Julius Thomas should one not make the final 53.


Hayden Smith. This is who they are going to give a shot. Don't see us making a move for a guy right now and I definitely don't see us trading Kerley for a TE. Jets did not even mess with trying to re-sign Keller so I think they feel good about Smith as a weapon in the passing game as well as Cumberland as a "hold the fort" type of guy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
rampantjet


Joined: 25 Apr 2012
Posts: 2155
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are also being linked to Bradon LLoyd who honestly is the best reciever of the bunch. As probably the 4th option in the passing game (behind both TE's and Welker) He still put up decent numbers. I also think he was in Belichecks doghouse a bit because apparently he "acts weird" which isn't really a real character concern as far as i know lol.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imaiden6669


Joined: 21 Jan 2007
Posts: 1152
Location: Staten Island, NY
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JetsFan15 wrote:
Conquest8089 wrote:
I see Tight End as the most glaring hole for Mornhinweg's system. Cumberland is more suitable for a backup role. He lacks the real athleticism to threaten the seam or create separation. As for Konrad Reuland, he's not a playmaker. I like the UDFAs Mike Shannahan in particular, but TE is something that must be addressed.

I want YOUNG players in all moves. Win Now teams have the luxury of considering a Charles Woodson type addition, but let's look at immediate need & longterm projection.

I'd bring former Giants TE Travis Beckum in for a Try Out. 26 Years Old never stayed healthy with the Giants. If he's healthy, sign him to a non-guaranteed contract to add competition to the TE position battle.

I'd contact Howie Roseman (Eagles GM) about Clay Harbor. Would consider offering a 7th Round Pick, but would be a prelim discussion. Basically looking for information about Chip's plan. Reason being-

Eagles have:
James Casey
Brent Celek
Zach Ertz

Does Chip plan on keeping 4 Tight End types? The reason I'd give up a 7th is I'd like to get him into camp prior to final cuts at the end of August. Plus doubt he'd make it to the AFC in the Waiver Process. He's a UFA following the season, but if he proves it- resign.

This may Sound Crazy. But I'd offer the Ravens Jeremy Kerley straight up for Ed Dickson. Kerley is a UFA in 2015, and Dickson next offseason. Both are young. I can find a slot WR, but TE is such a huge need. Might even throw in a Pick b/c I think he's untapped potential.

Would keep my eye on Packers D.J. Williams in Pre-Season.

Also would scout Broncos Virgil Green & Julius Thomas should one not make the final 53.


Hayden Smith. This is who they are going to give a shot. Don't see us making a move for a guy right now and I definitely don't see us trading Kerley for a TE. Jets did not even mess with trying to re-sign Keller so I think they feel good about Smith as a weapon in the passing game as well as Cumberland as a "hold the fort" type of guy.


this is false they did match the Miami offer he just choose to go to a team he felt he would have the best year personally and the best chance to win remember he only got a 1 year prove it deal

as far as the original post we are not trading Kerley or even for that matter any draft picks for any TE they might sign another guy into camp like a Beckum or whoever or after final cuts at end of preseason sign a good TE that wasnt good enough for other teams but by that time Hayden Smith might have already realy impressed us or even Cumberland for that matter anything can happen

1 more note: the only potential trade i see is if we sign Cribbs then Mcknight is clearly on the trade block
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group