Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vinny Curry?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andjordand

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Vinny Curry? Reply with quote

Lions fan here, It sounds like Curry's pretty far down the depth chart at OLB, and will battle the two new draftees Kruger and King for a roster spot (assuming he'll win one) is there any chance the Eagles would trade him to another team? What kind of trade value would he command? 2014 3rd?
birdman0069

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Vinny Curry? Reply with quote

andjordand wrote:
Lions fan here, It sounds like Curry's pretty far down the depth chart at OLB, and will battle the two new draftees Kruger and King for a roster spot (assuming he'll win one) is there any chance the Eagles would trade him to another team? What kind of trade value would he command? 2014 3rd?

Why would any team trade for a player that in likelihood is a bubble player?

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
baconrad3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Vinny Curry? Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
andjordand wrote:

Negative nancy as usual....

Teams trade for/draft/sign players based on their potential and how good that team thinks that player can be.

How do you know Curry isn't going to be good? He was a fairly high draft pick and has all the potential to be a 10 sack player in the right system. What makes you think he can't? How are you always so sure of young players' futures? It's annoying how you seem to think you have every single player figured out.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
Meco

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's not an OLB, he's playing DE in our 3-4 defense. He's currently at 278 pounds.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Vinny Curry? Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:
birdman0069 wrote:
andjordand wrote:

Teams trade for/draft/sign players based on their potential and how good that team thinks that player can be.

How do you know Curry isn't going to be good? He was a fairly high draft pick and has all the potential to be a 10 sack player in the right system. What makes you think he can't? How are you always so sure of young players' futures? It's annoying how you seem to think you have every single player figured out.

I didn't say I had him figured out you jackwagon. I said he was a bubble player and he is. Playing at a weight he has never played at, playing a position he has never played and has almost no NFL experience.
You think every player has the potential to be great. Guess what, they don't. A very small percentage of the players in this league will be great players and very few of them are on our roster. Give it a break.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Vinny Curry? Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
birdman0069 wrote:
andjordand wrote:

I didn't say I had him figured out you jackwagon. I said he was a bubble player and he is. Playing at a weight he has never played at, playing a position he has never played and has almost no NFL experience.
You think every player has the potential to be great. Guess what, they don't. A very small percentage of the players in this league will be great players and very few of them are on our roster. Give it a break.

Your negativity and attitude suck
birdman0069

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Vinny Curry? Reply with quote

Remixxxxxxx wrote:
birdman0069 wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
birdman0069 wrote:
andjordand wrote:

I am deeply sorry for my abysmal attitude Sir. I'll try and stomach drinking the kool aid and look at a bad football team, (4-12) with rosť colored glasses.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
RBrown86

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't like the idea of Vinny playing DE in the 3-4/4-3 under. If we could get him for solid value I'd be all for it. If not, let's see how things play out. Can't help but like him due to his attitude and Eagles upbringing.

^Thanks to McNabbNo5 for the sig, Phire for the avy
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teams do trade for fringe players all the time if they fit what they have in mind.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valued at 5th - 6th round pick I'd say.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Vinny Curry? Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
birdman0069 wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:
birdman0069 wrote:
andjordand wrote:

I am deeply sorry for my abysmal attitude Sir. I'll try and stomach drinking the kool aid and look at a bad football team, (4-12) with rosť colored glasses.

That's the kind of response I expected from you
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly think Curry is here for the entire year unless he just does terrible in TC. We used a 2nd round draft choice on him last year, and he barely saw the field, I want to at least see if he is a good football player or not before we trade him away.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
He's not an OLB, he's playing DE in our 3-4 defense. He's currently at 278 pounds.

Shocked are you sure about this??? Because I just went from six to noon. Curry has a great motor, if he can carry the weight I'd love to see him as a 3-4 end.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rememberthevet wrote:
Meco wrote:

Shocked are you sure about this??? Because I just went from six to noon. Curry has a great motor, if he can carry the weight I'd love to see him as a 3-4 end.

He is right. He is a way better fit as a 3-4 end then an OLB. He needs to have his hand in the ground, and I am glad the FO saw that.

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
I honestly think Curry is here for the entire year unless he just does terrible in TC. We used a 2nd round draft choice on him last year, and he barely saw the field, I want to at least see if he is a good football player or not before we trade him away.

Yeah, give the guy a shot.

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: