Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Turn out the lights...the party's over...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Turn out the lights...the party's over... Reply with quote

Well, as you can see with the Grasspike promotion...there have been some lineup changes in the Mod team, and with good reason. As I stated in our Everything Else thread, I recently landed a new job - one would call it a "dream job" and that it is.

This new role has some new assignments and new duties, which more or less leads me to make some changes - and unfortunately (or fortunately, if you're amazingandre, Apollo Stallion or kenney) it means I will be stepping down as a Moderator, effective today. I have assigned GP to take on my role here, and domepatrol91 of the Saints forum will be taking on my Global duties across the site as a whole.

It seems like a short time, but it was seven years ago when the Texans fans invaded the site - seems like a vast group of us all joined around that time, simply too many names to keep count of that year. In that time, we have had new members join our ranks, old members vanish back into the real world...and one lurker in AnthonyE. I can say with 100% confidence that ALL of you have become more than just names on a message board, but you have all become close friends that I cherish deeply. We talk Texans, yes...but it goes beyond that. We have went from a smattering of guys talking about Gary Kubiak and Charlie Casserly and David Carr and such...and we've become a tightly knit community, a group of friends who never see each other, but still know each other by some name and understand the nuances between one another.

I'll still be here, but not as much as I used to (duty calls for the new job, and all). I'm sure that this group can thrive without me - heck, might do better without the meddling Mod. I just know that whenever I get the urge to talk about our next draft picks, or how much I expect Schaub to prove himself, or how Trevado Williams is the next Elvis Dumervil...I know I have a great group of guys who know what they are talking about, and aren't afraid to talk about it with me. TEXANS NATION represents itself well, and I don't expect that to change much.

So, in short - take care guys. It's been a blast over all this time, and I look forward to stopping by and saying hello. Very Happy

Sincerely,

EliteTexan80
FORMER President and CEO
TEXANS NATION

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Texans02

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your hard work, APete... ET80!

Yes please!
Dawgtx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow....I didn't see this coming!

We joined at about the same time....looking for draft insight, mocks, or whatever football/Texans info we could find. And since then I have always enjoyed your post. It didn't matter if they were serious...talking Texans football, or less serious, talking aout last night's drinking binge.

Congrats on the job, and life in general! I look forward to your future post letting us all know how it's going. And as always...if your'e ever wanting to meet for a few beers, let me know!
biggio7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't we be throwing you a retirement party? Or an ET roast?

Anyway, congrats on the new job and everything. You did a great job as Mod. Clearly, wasn't easy with all these intense Texan fans. I'm a little out of the loop compared to some of you because I'm not near Houston or Texas in that matter but I enjoy coming here to chat with you all about the Texans and such. ET, you were like the principal of this school. Hats off! Applause Applause Applause

Adopt a Texan: Mr. Kareem Jackson
FFBB; Suule o nerte!
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah. Sad to see ET go.
Crying or Very sad

Good luck on the new job and thanks for what you did on FF and the Texans board. Still look forward to seeing your insights on here whenever you have time to post. !

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texans02 wrote:
Thanks for all your hard work, APete... ET80!

I was waiting for this Laughing

Anyways, I know I'm relatively new, but it was an honor having you as a Mod ET! Goodluck with everything!

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
48 tot, 1 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
titanrick

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Turn out the lights...the party's over... Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
I recently landed a new job - one would call it a "dream job" and that it is.

I knew there was a reason you locked this thread. Mad

On a serious note, it won't be the same without ya, ET. Best of luck in the future!

Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children; now I have six children and no theories. - John Wilmot
kenney

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Turn out the lights...the party's over... Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
This new role has some new assignments and new duties, which more or less leads me to make some changes - and unfortunately (or fortunately, if you're amazingandre, Apollo Stallion or kenney) it means I will be stepping down as a Moderator, effective today.

Actually, I would suggest that the only reason we're still allowed to post here is because of you. I might be in trouble...

Anyhow, sorry to see you go. Good luck, Tom, and you've made this board and this website a better place.
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well this sucks, and I'm sorry to see you go ET80. You've been a calm voice in a sometimes turbulent sea of opinions. Also an opinion that I considered articulate and educated, and one that I listened to. Sorry to see you go, but congratulations on the job promotion. Poke your head in here as often as you can. Shocked Sad Very Happy
Blaze

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Turn out the lights...the party's over... Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Well, as you can see with the Grasspike promotion...there have been some lineup changes in the Mod team, and with good reason. As I stated in our Everything Else thread, I recently landed a new job - one would call it a "dream job" and that it is.

This new role has some new assignments and new duties, which more or less leads me to make some changes - and unfortunately (or fortunately, if you're amazingandre, Apollo Stallion or kenney) it means I will be stepping down as a Moderator, effective today. I have assigned GP to take on my role here, and domepatrol91 of the Saints forum will be taking on my Global duties across the site as a whole.

It seems like a short time, but it was seven years ago when the Texans fans invaded the site - seems like a vast group of us all joined around that time, simply too many names to keep count of that year. In that time, we have had new members join our ranks, old members vanish back into the real world...and one lurker in AnthonyE. I can say with 100% confidence that ALL of you have become more than just names on a message board, but you have all become close friends that I cherish deeply. We talk Texans, yes...but it goes beyond that. We have went from a smattering of guys talking about Gary Kubiak and Charlie Casserly and David Carr and such...and we've become a tightly knit community, a group of friends who never see each other, but still know each other by some name and understand the nuances between one another.

I'll still be here, but not as much as I used to (duty calls for the new job, and all). I'm sure that this group can thrive without me - heck, might do better without the meddling Mod. I just know that whenever I get the urge to talk about our next draft picks, or how much I expect Schaub to prove himself, or how Trevado Williams is the next Elvis Dumervil...I know I have a great group of guys who know what they are talking about, and aren't afraid to talk about it with me. TEXANS NATION represents itself well, and I don't expect that to change much.

So, in short - take care guys. It's been a blast over all this time, and I look forward to stopping by and saying hello. Very Happy

Sincerely,

EliteTexan80
FORMER President and CEO
TEXANS NATION
*Slow Clap* Applause Applause

TexanNation Roast http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=237149
texansfan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait a tic.... if you are one of the elders on the board, what does that make me? I remember the days where it was just Goose and myself doing battle with something called Johnny Texan and pretty much anyone who wanted to talk smack about the drafting of Jason Babin or Travis Johnson (we should have stayed pat and drafted Derrick Johnson). And then suddenly there was an influx of passionate Texans fans that have made this site so enjoyable for me for the past decade (yup, my ten years is coming up next year).

ET80 - you have always been one of my favourites on here. Where you lack in brevity you compensate with humour and a shap wit. I hope you will continue to be an active poster in your free time. You have definitely helped make this board what it is today.
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully the ff empire is sending you out on a golden parachute of stock options, executive bathroom rights for life, or at least some 3 day passes to Gold's Gym and some free appetizer coupons. Stay in touch as there may come a day where I blow my anonymity and approach you with a job offer for one like mine where time spent debating online qualifies as legit research.

Seriously though. This site has definitely evolved into a true online "community" which requires level heads like yours to avoid devolution into the baser online instincts of disrespect and denegration and you have managed to ride the line of promoting insight and understanding while keeping it civil and even occasionally poignant. I know nothing of you personally nor you me, other than a few tidbits, but I guess the ultimate compliment would be that my reaction to this news is not unlike I have in "real life" when a friend or colleague lets me know that they are relocating for a great opportunity. I am proud of your accomplishments and happy for you, but a tad bittersweet at the loss of the personal connection built over years in the trenches. I wish you luck on your new venture.

- so kenney, I guess we may finally get to finish the great A&M sucks, no Baylor sucks, no you suck, no you suck worse debate of 2011... game on.

And I guess we can finally conclude that Kendall Wright should have been the first WR off the board last year (especially with Blackmon's suspension).

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys,

I can't begin to express how much reading over the last few responses have been. Bittersweet, knowing I won't be on as much - but knowing that I have such a great cast of characters to come to when football season starts up and I have some free time and a PC to check the site out on.

I'm still here for the next few days, and I'm sure I'll be popping my head in here once in a while. I don't officially start until next Wednesday, so I'll get in as much as I can between now and then! Very Happy

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
ServantofYHWH

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Guys,

I can't begin to express how much reading over the last few responses have been. Bittersweet, knowing I won't be on as much - but knowing that I have such a great cast of characters to come to when football season starts up and I have some free time and a PC to check the site out on.

I'm still here for the next few days, and I'm sure I'll be popping my head in here once in a while. I don't officially start until next Wednesday, so I'll get in as much as I can between now and then! Very Happy

Don't leave Sad
titanrick

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texansfan wrote:
Wait a tic.... if you are one of the elders on the board, what does that make me? ... (yup, my ten years is coming up next year)

I'm not far behind. I think webby sends us a tin mouse for the special day. Then, you have to send it back the next day. Confused

Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children; now I have six children and no theories. - John Wilmot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: