Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Complimentary Tebow Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
svp

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recognize these names: Knowshown Moreno, Damaryius Thomas and Eric Decker.

pollino14

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we didn't get Lacy in the draft I wouldn't have minded taking him as a short yardage back. Guy is tough to bring down and has a nose for the endzone, things that John Kuhn did not possess..

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can this also be a derogatory Tebow thread?

I think those people who still believe Timmy to be a selfless, excellent leader with "unquestionable intangibles" are fully delusional. A truly great team player recognizes when he is doing a disservice to his teammates, and doesn't spend so much time drawing attention to himself while crediting his god for his teammates' hard work.

He needs to stop with the "I'm a QB, goshdarnit" attitude and switch positions when asked. He's no good as an NFL QB, always has been, and everyone knows it, yet so far he has reportedly been completely unwilling to relent and try to become skillful at another position. TE? LB? Perhaps he could succeed, if his vaunted work ethic is accurately portrayed. Not contributing elsewhere when one could is fully prideful and selfish, and a far cry from how a team leader or even a decent human being should behave.

He's certainly not a "winner" in this league, that perception is not based in the reality of his career. He is likely the most overrated player in the history of the NFL, and, at least so long as he is being selfish and useless, is not a person I would want the Packers to acquire even if he himself gave the team money for the opportunity.

Go get paid by the Omaha Beef, Tim, they'd love to coach you up.

Last edited by Username on Wed May 01, 2013 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

svp wrote:
I recognize these names: Knowshown Moreno, Damaryius Thomas and Eric Decker.

Basically two full drafts and Cutler, Marshall, and Hillis got the Broncos those three players and some okay linemen.
Frank-O

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is Tom Tebow and why would we want him as a Packer?

I would rather have Ma'ake Kemoeatu come in and play QB for us.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really feel for the kid. All he does is wear his religion on his sleeve and he gets torn to pieces. He never forced it down anyone's throats, but has just been real open about his beliefs (after-all he stands for good values for crying out loud) and as a result has been constantly ridiculed and ripped apart. Yet we as a society openly accept Jason Collins coming out as gay. We accept people spreading their gay agenda, and if anyone were to bash them they would be "haters". (not saying I'd ever support negative treatment for gays...FAR from it...PLEASE don't misunderstand me...just making my point) And the difference between the two is what? But because Tim Tebow tries to stand for Christianity people rip on him. Can't have it both ways people...society has got to stop being so darn hypocritical.

Sorry for bringing this up if we aren't supposed to talk about this kind of thing but I'm sick of the double-standard people live by and the unfair treatment this guy is getting. If guys like Jason Collins are allowed and even praised for being a loud and proud gay person, why can't a guy like Tebow be loud and proud about his God??? No difference!

Oh...and just like Doug Flutie I can't wait for this guy to prove people wrong...just needs a legit chance...something he has yet to have...
McThreadski

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jr911 wrote:
Really feel for the kid. All he does is wear his religion on his sleeve and he gets torn to pieces. He never forced it down anyone's throats, but has just been real open about his beliefs (after-all he stands for good values for crying out loud) and as a result has been constantly ridiculed and ripped apart. Yet we as a society openly accept Jason Collins coming out as gay. We accept people spreading their gay agenda, and if anyone were to bash them they would be "haters". (not saying I'd ever support negative treatment for gays...FAR from it...PLEASE don't misunderstand me...just making my point) And the difference between the two is what? But because Tim Tebow tries to stand for Christianity people rip on him. Can't have it both ways people...society has got to stop being so darn hypocritical.

Sorry for bringing this up if we aren't supposed to talk about this kind of thing but I'm sick of the double-standard people live by and the unfair treatment this guy is getting. If guys like Jason Collins are allowed and even praised for being a loud and proud gay person, why can't a guy like Tebow be loud and proud about his God??? No difference!

Oh...and just like Doug Flutie I can't wait for this guy to prove people wrong...just needs a legit chance...something he has yet to have...

I like the live and let live approach to life and I think Tebow is probably like that as a person. The whole "Ye who is without sin may cast the first stone" idea runs strong with him, but because this is America, we judge him by his football skills and those are lacking by quite a wide margin when it comes to the position that he has insisted upon playing.

I think he is a good football player and he does have a place in the NFL, just not as a QB. I think he should line up as a linebacker and use his talents that way. I think he would have a fulfilling career if he chose that path.
Dubyajay

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People rip on tebow because he is a bad qb that gets undue hype from his superfans. Its a balancing act.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: