Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Complimentary Tebow Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoneWithTheWind wrote:
It won't happen Teddy boy is smarter then that. Chicago should sign him. Pray

I agree with a Vikings fan. Who'da thunk it?

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
svp

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tebow will probably go somewhere and then come back and there will
all these great stories about him.

I'm already sick of it.
Yesterday he was cut, today it's: where is he gonna go?
stop please, no one cares.

rbens06

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
I think the Tebow circus can only hurt this team. I think Tebow the player won't really help this team.

Sure, getting to work with MM and Clements would probably be good for Tebow, but what's in it for the Packers?

Also, where are the TT "Can he play TE?" memetic images?

Just to play devil's advocate here would there really be a circus with Tebow coming here? Yes he has a lot of media hype, but look where he was when that happened. It was Denver, where they were a loosing team and the media was hyping for Tebow (their first round pick) to come in and play and when he did he did win games (easily can put the wins on the defense, but Tebow did make plays late in those games to score and win). Also, New York will amplify anyone's media attention because of the sheer volume there and its not like New York was rock solid at quarterback. Sanchez never took that next step and struggled throughout this past season, so from a media standpoint why would you not hype up the backup quarterback you just traded for? I am not saying that he would not have some extra media attention, but in Green Bay it probably would be much quieter. First, there would be no question as to who the starter is and no one in the media would hype up Tebow to the point where he should be getting snaps. Everyone would/should know that taking the best quarterback off the field is not the answer. Second, Green Bay is not exactly a media market and should naturally have less focus on Tebow. I just do not see the same media hype he has had coming with him to Green Bay. He would know his place as a backup quarterback and no one inside or outside the organization would argue with that.

As far as a player evaluation you cannot argue his intangibles, on field demeanor and as mentioned by others his heart. Does this make him a good quarterback? No, but it helps. He would need to work on his mechanics and Green Bay would be a good spot for him to do that. That helps Tebow, but what about us? Well, Tebow did show a knack for winning games and making plays, usually with his legs, to put the team in a spot to win a game. He did usually have 3 bad quarters and only one good quarter, but he won. As mentioned by others he might not be the best fit seeing that we do require a lot of passing out of our quarterbacks, but with the addition of Lacy and Franklin a backup might be able to lean on those guys, which is putting a lot on two rookies that have never played a game.

Overall, I do not want to make it sound like I am a proponent for Tebow, but I think the media hype argument is way overblown.
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
truth be told he might be the best 2nd string QB on the Packer roster if they singed him. Does that say a lot about Tebow or perhaps our current backup QB's.

No. I think Coleman will actually be our #2 this year. He has the tools for it. Just have to hope he made the gains from year 1 to year 2.

I think that's the hope that BJ Colemen will develop into the #2 soon.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The real issue, as I see it, is that without at least a year (and perhaps more) there's really no way Tebow can execute MM's offense, so there's no chance he would beat out Harrell or Coleman for the #2 or #3 gig (he might also get beat by Matt Brown, honestly).

If Tebow wants to come in and compete for Kuhn's gig, then I can see him winning that job, but I think he's shown so far that he really wants to be a QB and has little interest in being an H-Back (if he had committed to a position switch right away, he could be a very good TE/FB/H-Back.)
incognito_man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he's a cancer.

#plaintalk
SDN40

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my lifetime, I've never seen a guy with less talent get more pub than what this guy has received. And quite frankly, I'm not hoping to see the likes of it again any time soon.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say this, he'd be one of the best 53 football players on the roster.....but not as a QB. The guy would have been better off for his NFL career to do what Jordan Reed did at UF. He wouldn't have been a Heisman guy or famous, but I think he's a good enough football player to stick in the league, he just can't throw. It's time for Tebow to swallow his pride and realize he isn't an NFL QB, or go to Canada and throw there.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Title should be "token" not "complimentary." Tebow is a PS guy, who's ineligible for the PS. I'm not willing to use a roster spot on him. Harrell might be a better back-up at this point
incognito_man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
I'd say this, he'd be one of the best 53 football players on the roster.....but not as a QB. The guy would have been better off for his NFL career to do what Jordan Reed did at UF. He wouldn't have been a Heisman guy or famous, but I think he's a good enough football player to stick in the league, he just can't throw. It's time for Tebow to swallow his pride and realize he isn't an NFL QB, or go to Canada and throw there.

He'd probably be a top 53 athlete, but he's not a top 53 football player.

Well, Harrell is THAT bad where I might even consider Tebow an upgrade...
Pugger

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

svp wrote:
Tebow will probably go somewhere and then come back and there will
all these great stories about him.

I'm already sick of it.
Yesterday he was cut, today it's: where is he gonna go?
stop please, no one cares.

Except the hope he doesn't come to their team. Wink

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still trying to figure out how in the hell he was ever drafted in the first round in the first place!

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
I'm still trying to figure out how in the hell he was ever drafted in the first round in the first place!

Plain and simple, he's a winner. He makes those around him better, we all saw that in Denver. Unfortunately, he has no business being a QB in the NFL.

XBL: ShiiNyIV
svp

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it's a nice distraction for the Rodgers contract.
first the draft and now Tebow.

PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:

Giving Josh McDaniels control over personnel was possibly the worst decision the Broncos have ever made.

The man ran two drafts in Denver, here are the results:

2009: Knowshon Moreno (1a), Robert Ayers (1b), Alphonso Smith (2a), Darcel McBath (2b), Richard Quinn (2c), David Bruton (4a), Seth Olsen (4b), Kerry McKinley (5), Tom Brandstater (6), Blake Schlueter (7)

2010: Demaryius Thomas(1a), Tim Tebow (1b), Zane Beadles (2), J.D. Walton (3a), Eric Decker (3b), Perrish Cox (5), Eric Olsen (6), Syd'Quan Thompson (7a), Jammie Kirlew (7b)

He traded Cutler to the Bears for 1st round picks in 2009 and 2010, and a 2009 3rd round pick, traded a future (2010) first round pick for the pick used to select Alphonso Smith, Keary Colbert for a 2009 5th round pick, Domonique Foxworth for a 2009 7th round pick, Brandon Marshall to Miami for 2010 and 2011 2nd round picks, and Peyton Hillis and a 2011 6th round pick for Brady Quinn.

If you look at some of the players taken with picks the Broncos traded away (Earl Thomas, Aaron Hernandez, etc.) it's even worse.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: