Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Complimentary Tebow Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blankman0021

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Complimentary Tebow Thread Reply with quote

A few years ago some said that MM had some interest in Tebow as a backup.

I don't think I'd be interested because of the circus he would bring to TC, his southpaw throwing style (the offense has to flip whenever he goes into the game...although if Sherrod is healthy we have the RT to cover him in Bulaga), and his run-first approach to the game.

But the things I do like about him-

1) He is Packer People. Nobody is going to deny that he carry's himself the right way. He may be extreme in his beliefs, but if he can be humbled by this experience in NY, maybe just maybe he can focus on football and keep his mouth shut on his personal beliefs. Not that there is anything wrong with those, I just don't like it when football players talk too much about non-football topics. They seem to put their foot in their mouth and draw attention more times than not.
2) He is a weapon. Tebow is an athletic player and could play various roles on this team. He'd give us the option to go into the year with one less roster spot taken up. I believe that he could be QB/FB hybrid which would allow us to let Kuhn walk and use only 1 roster spot on backup QB like we are accustomed to. He would be 3rd string QB and starting FB.
3) I think we can get him on the cheap. At this point, if he signs for anything above min salary (maybe with incentives to make him feel better) I'd be shocked.

So what have you, do we take a look at Tebow. Could he come in on a tryout? If we don't look at him (which is most likely), who does?

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
CallMeBarrett

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that Tim Tebow could be a very good quarterback in our sys- LOL

No. Just no.

There's not much reason to bring him here. In order to be Packer people, you must become invisible until the eve of game-day, in which you are allowed to be interviewed while keeping your mouth shut about anything other than the game.

Can we run? Oh sure. Can he bring a media circus because of everything other than him being a great player? That'll happen before he even lands in Green Bay.

As low key and humble as possible; that's Packer people.

Last edited by CallMeBarrett on Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1+2) He has not been humbled. I say this because he is not willing to play anything other than QB. If he was truly humbled he would realize alright maybe I should give TE or FB a try just to help the team. He has too much pride/stupidity.

3) He still needs to clear waivers which we will find out by the end of today I believe if he did or not. Otherwise he is still on his rookie contract.

Ultimately the circus is not worth the player. And to those who say there wouldn't be a circus in GB, you under estimate the media, which is always a dangerous dangerous thing.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
blankman0021

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CallMeBarrett wrote:
Laughing

No. Just no.

Before everybody comes in and has this same response. Please read what I wrote. I clearly state that I'm not sure he'd be a good fit in our system. At least not at QB. But we are looking to get more physical, and more versatile. If he is willing to move positions and can block (he was personal punt protector after all), I think it could be a good move. Would give us an option at 3rd string QB if it ever would come down to that.

So please don't just come in and say "Tebow Lolzzz"...because that's clearly not the position I've set it up for.

If you don't think he'd fit in our scheme. Is there a fit out there for him? I'm not so sure there is if he wants to be ONLY a QB. Once he embraces his versatility- then I think a few times could be calling.

I Am Rodgers wrote:
1+2) He has not been humbled. I say this because he is not willing to play anything other than QB. If he was truly humbled he would realize alright maybe I should give TE or FB a try just to help the team. He has too much pride/stupidity.

3) He still needs to clear waivers which we will find out by the end of today I believe if he did or not. Otherwise he is still on his rookie contract.

Ultimately the circus is not worth the player. And to those who say there wouldn't be a circus in GB, you under estimate the media, which is always a dangerous dangerous thing.

Makes sense. I'm under the assumption that nobody is going to pick him up on his rookie deal. And from recent reports, their new GM said that staff in NY never asked him to be anything but a QB. Who knows if he would move positions to keep his NFL career alive? Being cut can change a kid...

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!

Last edited by blankman0021 on Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Kal-El

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! Good one.

Oh wait, you were serious? Then let me laugh even harder!! Laughing

Sorry, but Tebow is simply an awful passer and not worth the media attention he'll bring over.
CallMeBarrett

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
CallMeBarrett wrote:
Laughing

No. Just no.

Before everybody comes in and has this same response. Please read what I wrote. I clearly state that I'm not sure he'd be a good fit in our system. At least not at QB. But we are looking to get more physical, and more versatile. If he is willing to move positions and can block (he was personal punt protector after all), I think it could be a good move. Would give us an option at 3rd string QB if it ever would come down to that.

So please don't just come in and say "Tebow Lolzzz"...because that's clearly not the position I've set it up for.

If you don't think he'd fit in our scheme. Is there a fit out there for him? I'm not so sure there is if he wants to be ONLY a QB. Once he embraces his versatility- then I think a few times could be calling.

I Am Rodgers wrote:

Makes sense. I'm under the assumption that nobody is going to pick him up on his rookie deal. And from recent reports, their new GM said that staff in NY never asked him to be anything but a QB. Who knows if he would move positions to keep his NFL career alive? Being cut can change a kid...

Check the edit.

You can change the kid, but you can't change the media storm that follows him.

IIRC, he is not open to changing positions. He wants to be a starting quarterback.

The only standing job offer he'll get is in the LFL.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think in any way Tebow is a fit for a west coast offense.

Tebow as a starting FB, cutting Kuhn?? No WAY.

I could see value in the guy as a backup QB for the right system and then use him some at FB and as a wildcat TE. But that's going to take a lot of work on Tebow's part (not to mention the coaches) and he still FIRST has to make the team as the backup QB.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SE500 wrote:

I could see value in the guy as a backup QB for the right system and then use him some at FB and as a wildcat TE. But that's going to take a lot of work on Tebow's part (not to mention the coaches) and he still FIRST has to make the team as the backup QB.

What is a Wildcat TE?

Anyway, Tebow could be a solid QB in this league if teams stopped quitting on him. Just as he was about to significantly improve in Denver, Elway traded him to the NFL's equivalent of a soap opera and they quit on him before things even got started.

With us, Tebow would be a trick play type of guy. As fun as it would be watching it, the idea really doesn't mesh well with what we do. I'd love to give the guy a chance to actually develop, but it's just a no-go with us. Maybe Andy Reid can pick him up in KC and see what he can do.
blankman0021

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SE500 wrote:

I think it's a long shot he comes here. Where do you think he goes?

I'm not sure i see a team that he fits.

The Eagles might be the best fit because of their mobile offense w/ Vick and the fact that Vick is also a lefty.

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Tebow is a good man, a christian man. Now being christian has nothing to do with being a good NFL QB but truth be told he might be the best 2nd string QB on the Packer roster if they singed him. Does that say a lot about Tebow or perhaps our current backup QB's. I think the Tim Tebow show should go to Jacksonville where he belongs. Best of luck to him because the kid plays with heart and that's refreshing.
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
truth be told he might be the best 2nd string QB on the Packer roster if they singed him. Does that say a lot about Tebow or perhaps our current backup QB's.

No. I think Coleman will actually be our #2 this year. He has the tools for it. Just have to hope he made the gains from year 1 to year 2.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
nfldraftguru1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ban time for you!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It won't happen Teddy boy is smarter then that. Chicago should sign him. Pray

Shoutout to JTagg7754 on the sig!

"Welcome to the end of your life and I promise it's gonna hurt"

"Fresh out of the Factory with no warrenty and already broken what a pity"
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Tebow circus can only hurt this team. I think Tebow the player won't really help this team.

Sure, getting to work with MM and Clements would probably be good for Tebow, but what's in it for the Packers?

Also, where are the TT "Can he play TE?" memetic images?
spilltray

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Complimentary Tebow Thread Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
A few years ago some said that MM had some interest in Tebow as a backup.

I don't think I'd be interested because of the circus he would bring to TC, his southpaw throwing style (the offense has to flip whenever he goes into the game...although if Sherrod is healthy we have the RT to cover him in Bulaga), and his run-first approach to the game.

But the things I do like about him-

1) He is Packer People. Nobody is going to deny that he carry's himself the right way. He may be extreme in his beliefs, but if he can be humbled by this experience in NY, maybe just maybe he can focus on football and keep his mouth shut on his personal beliefs. Not that there is anything wrong with those, I just don't like it when football players talk too much about non-football topics. They seem to put their foot in their mouth and draw attention more times than not.
2) He is a weapon. Tebow is an athletic player and could play various roles on this team. He'd give us the option to go into the year with one less roster spot taken up. I believe that he could be QB/FB hybrid which would allow us to let Kuhn walk and use only 1 roster spot on backup QB like we are accustomed to. He would be 3rd string QB and starting FB.
3) I think we can get him on the cheap. At this point, if he signs for anything above min salary (maybe with incentives to make him feel better) I'd be shocked.

So what have you, do we take a look at Tebow. Could he come in on a tryout? If we don't look at him (which is most likely), who does?

1. Is he REALLY Packer people? I see nothing to suggest he's been "humbled" by his experience in NY, and I see no reason to believe he wouldn't use any chance he get to promote his beliefs. He uses his football fame as a platform to push his religious agenda. I don't care what his religion is, I just don't want to listen to it.
2. He's a weapon? How? He firmly believes he is a QB and doesn't want to change positions. He'll play different roles in spots because he thinks it will get him on the field, but I would be willing to bet he balks at a full position switch. I have no interest in him ever playing QB for the Packers. I'd rather see HARRELLZ! out there (Justin, not Graham).
3. Yeah garbage usually is cheap.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: