Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tim Tebow gets released on Jay Cutlers birthday.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebestever6

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Tim Tebow gets released on Jay Cutlers birthday. Reply with quote

The NFL being a not for long league really never hit home until today. Tim Tebow is probably out of the NFL a year and a half after winning a playoff game. And Jay Cutler has a prove it year or Chicago will move on no way they are giving him a long term deal if he doesn't play big this year. Just 4 years ago he was an up and coming franchise qb.

Jay Cutler- turned 30 today and by the looks of it we didn't lose a franchise qb 4 years ago so that's great news. Had potential but never put it all together.
Tim Tebow- I still think he deserves to be in the NFL but the media ruined his career. He has every intangible you want but isn't consistent throwing the football.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
adamq

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the media ruined his career Laughing

-kiltman
RazorStar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is somewhat true... Considering what he does during games, you think one open minded coach or GM with nothing to lose (or everything to lose, the coin is basically the same) would say "Hey this guy sucks during practice, but he can ball when it comes down to it. Let's play him."

Having that media circus around him makes the risk/reward thing too much though.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indifferent. He no longer plays for us, nor will he again.

Good luck to him, but will be getting tired of all the coverage that will nodoubt ensue.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:54 am    Post subject: Re: Tim Tebow gets released on Jay Cutlers birthday. Reply with quote

thebestever6 wrote:
The NFL being a not for long league really never hit home until today. Tim Tebow is probably out of the NFL a year and a half after winning a playoff game. And Jay Cutler has a prove it year or Chicago will move on no way they are giving him a long term deal if he doesn't play big this year. Just 4 years ago he was an up and coming franchise qb.

Jay Cutler- turned 30 today and by the looks of it we didn't lose a franchise qb 4 years ago so that's great news. Had potential but never put it all together.
Tim Tebow- I still think he deserves to be in the NFL but the media ruined his career. He has every intangible you want but isn't consistent throwing the football.

Naw, the media didn't ruin his career, but you did nail what did.

He sucks throwing the football which is a bit of problem for an NFL QB.
Donut

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tebow got a raw deal in NFL. He is better than majority of QBs in the league(I dont think you can name 48 QBs that are better). He going nYJ was awful because they didnt even want to play him they wanted him as a sideshow attraction. He would've done better than Mark Sanchez especially since Sanchez should've been benched after having his soul ripped out of him.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trade killed Cutler's career imo. He was well on his way to being a top 5 QB in Denver.

Fify.
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
The trade killed Cutler's career imo. He was well on his way to being a top 5 QB in Denver.

Lol what? Based on what? A good throw against the Cardinals as a rookie? I wouldn't say that at all about Cutler. He was always going to be what he is right now.

Thanks, Tzimisce
PackAtBroncos07

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:

Lol what? Based on what? A good throw against the Cardinals as a rookie? I wouldn't say that at all about Cutler. He was always going to be what he is right now.

adamq is trolling, which is against the rules. Dude, get a life.

I had a rant but I'll keep it simple.

The fact that Cutler is even mentioned in this thread is downright laughable. He has no ties to Tebow whatsoever. If Cutler was still in Denver he'd still be f'ing around on the field, thinking he can force every throw. I clearly see why Mac traded him now.

Guys, QB's improve the more they throw the football. Its a fact. Its been shown, look at Eli Manning.
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty embarassing that Broncos fans have more negative things to say about Cutler than they do Tebow. Tim Tebow is an attention whore, if you like him that much become a fan of Canadian football because that's where that loser's career will end. It's not a coincidence by the way that the type of thinking that would lead to defending Tebow correlates to defending a Josh McDaniels trade.

Cutler's a good Quarterback. He's not a great one, nor did I unlike everyone else here think he ever would be one, but he's certainly capable of being a good starting Quarterback. Honestly he gets a bit of a raw deal among many fans who act like's not all that good. He's made some improvements to his game since being in Chicago and while he'll always be an erratic decision maker, much like the most overrated Quarterback of all time(Brett Favre), he's really not any more turnover prone than say Philip Rivers, who gets much more respect despite the fact that he takes more sacks than any Quarterback who doesn't run should ever. Cutler's a good Quarterback, nothing more, nothing less. We made a weak trade to get rid of him, but it has since worked out, as is often the case when you get people in the front office who know what they're doing.
adamq

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trolling because I pointed out a ridiculous statement? Ok.

-kiltman
PackAtBroncos07

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
Pretty embarassing that Broncos fans have more negative things to say about Cutler than they do Tebow. Tim Tebow is an attention whore, if you like him that much become a fan of Canadian football because that's where that loser's career will end. It's not a coincidence by the way that the type of thinking that would lead to defending Tebow correlates to defending a Josh McDaniels trade.

Cutler's a good Quarterback. He's not a great one, nor did I unlike everyone else here think he ever would be one, but he's certainly capable of being a good starting Quarterback. Honestly he gets a bit of a raw deal among many fans who act like's not all that good. He's made some improvements to his game since being in Chicago and while he'll always be an erratic decision maker, much like the most overrated Quarterback of all time(Brett Favre), he's really not any more turnover prone than say Philip Rivers, who gets much more respect despite the fact that he takes more sacks than any Quarterback who doesn't run should ever. Cutler's a good Quarterback, nothing more, nothing less. We made a weak trade to get rid of him, but it has since worked out, as is often the case when you get people in the front office who know what they're doing.

Lol. Attention whore - cuz he asked for the circus. Cuz he was saying outrageous things to the media just to garner more attention. Dude was just trying to win football games.

adamq I don't even have to read past your sig to know exactly how you think. Stop being such an attention whore.
JackedUP

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:

Why would Bronco's fans have anything negative to say about Tebow at all? The guy played his [inappropriate/removed] off for us, got us to the playoffs and won a playoff game all on a team that was WAY below average talent wise!
Cutler was a prima donna who thought he was better than everyone else. Whether you like Tim or not he's done nothing for Bronco's fans to talk bad about him.
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way below average talent wise? We went 13-3 with virtually the same team last year. Less of a team really because when Tebow was here Chris Kuper and Willis McGahee were two of our best players and they were injured last year. The only major area where the team was notably below average when Tebow was here was the Quarterback position.

PackAtBroncos07 wrote:
Lol. Attention whore - cuz he asked for the circus. Cuz he was saying outrageous things to the media just to garner more attention. Dude was just trying to win football games.

Yeah, he just takes his shirt off to run in the rain when he knows cameras are around and patents "Tebowning" etc. You have to be really dense not to notice that all of the stuff Tebow does, including much of the supposed good deeds, are very deliberately done in front of the cameras. Dude is the ultimate attention seeking clown and he's just getting what he deserves having other teams avoid him.

Not that it's hurting him of course. But man I love the taste of his fan's tears. If only the media hadn't ruined his career! Delicious.
JackedUP

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
Way below average talent wise? We went 13-3 with virtually the same team last year. Less of a team really because when Tebow was here Chris Kuper and Willis McGahee were two of our best players and they were injured last year. The only major area where the team was notably below average when Tebow was here was the Quarterback position.

PackAtBroncos07 wrote:

Yeah, he just takes his shirt off to run in the rain when he knows cameras are around and patents "Tebowning" etc. You have to be really dense not to notice that all of the stuff Tebow does, including much of the supposed good deeds, are very deliberately done in front of the cameras. Dude is the ultimate attention seeking clown and he's just getting what he deserves having other teams avoid him.

Not that it's hurting him of course. But man I love the taste of his fan's tears. If only the media hadn't ruined his career! Delicious.

If Chris Kuper and Willis are 2 of your best players, yes you don't have much talent. We didn't, we were at best average.

A guy who takes his shirt off in the rain is the "ultimate seeking clown?" Are you serious? I'll take a guy who plays hard and gives 110% everyday while even if he takes his shirt off in the rain. Sorry you don't like Tebow, but I'd have him on my team any day and I don't even think he's any good.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: