Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Notes From Les Snead Radio Interview
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RamBill

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Notes From Les Snead Radio Interview Reply with quote

Rams GM Les Snead Interview with Randy K and D’Marco Farr on 101ESPN Radio

Notes from the Interview-

**When Snead saw Austin run routes in person, he thought Austin was from another planet. He was that quick and dynamic. Austin was one of the top players on their board…perfect fit for their needs.

**Ogletree’s speed will really help in chasing down the read option QB’s.

**TJ McDonald–Smart kid, Fisher likes smart safeties. He was a guy they had targeted.

**Real jacked about Zac Stacy– led the SEC in yards per carry against a lot of good players. Very productive..the heartbeat of that team.

**Barrett Jones was another player that they coveted…smart kid, versatile …tough.

**Brandon McGee to be 4th CB…really good on special teams…stood out on Special teams at the East-West Shrine Game.

**UDFA Safety Ray Ray Armstrong to be converted to linebacker…weighs 230lbs.

You can hear the whole interview here:
http://www.101sports.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/SNEAD.mp3

Windows Media Player required
ajhicks11

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the share.

Pick 2 and 13
RamBill

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:28 pm    Post subject: Les Snead Interview with ESPN Radio’s Colin Cowherd Reply with quote

ajhicks11 wrote:
Thanks for the share.

You're welcome....here's another one from today with Coin Cowherd--

Notes from the Interview:

Cowherd thinks the Rams have done a good a job in the Draft as anyone in the last 2 years.

**Q: Are you nervous before a draft or do you have it all mapped out? Snead: A little bit of both. The nerves are more of an intensity. You do have a plan, but there is 31 other teams that can cause you to alter your plan.

**Try to balance between value and need. You can’t get strongly on one side or the other. You want to get a good player that fills a need.

**There was one pick they really wanted who got picked about 4 picks before they picked…didn’t say what round.

**Austin had some of the highest grades of anybody on our board in terms of player traits. After the private workout you knew this guy was special….the physics. The QB’s we took to the workout couldn’t stop smiling.

**Snead was also asked about Tebow and Jason Collins.

You can hear the 7 minute interview here:

http://www.rams-news.com/les-snead-interview-with-espn-radios-colin-cowherd/
catcheryea

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Les Snead Interview with ESPN Radio’s Colin Cowherd Reply with quote

RamBill wrote:
**There was one pick they really wanted who got picked about 4 picks before they picked…didn’t say what round.

I'm thinking this had to be either Tyrann or Shamarko Thomas.
chris00cm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta be Tyrann Mathieu. Not a doubt in my mind.

Could have been David Bakhtiari as well.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
BEASToftheEAST4

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess would be Shamarko...I just don't see why the Rams would want Tyrann

^El Ramster^
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEASToftheEAST4 wrote:
My guess would be Shamarko...I just don't see why the Rams would want Tyrann
You guys dont think it could have been DeAndre Hopkins?

It obviously wasnt before Tavon. So the picks running up to Ogletree at 30 were;
#25 Xavier Rhodes, #26 Datone Jones, #27 DeAndre Hopkins, #28 Sylvester Williams, #29 Cordarrelle Patterson

T.J. McDonald was picked at 71, right before him was;
#65 Larry Warford, #66 Sio Moore, #67 Beanie Logan, #68 Leon McFadden, #69 Tyrann Mathieu, #70 Blidi Wreh-Wilson

We got the other half of WVU, Stedman, at #92:
#86 Hugh Thornton, #87 Jordan Hill, #88 Corey Lemonier, #89 Brennan Williams, #90 Kayvon Williams, #91 Duron Harmon

Barrett Jones was taken at 113, just before him;
#109 David Bakhtiari, #110 Ryan Nassib, #111 Shamarko Thomas, #113 Tyler Wilson

And the last pick that we were sitting was Brandon McGee at 149;
#144 Kenny Stills, #145 Stevie Williams, #146 Quanterus Smith, #147 Steven Means, #148 A.J. Klein

We moved up for Stacy so it wouldnt be before him, but from things we heard pre-draft I think there are some obvious candidates that he was talking about;
Hopkins, Warfard, Moore, Logan, Mathieu, Wilson, Thornton, B.Williams, Bakhtiari, Thomas, Stills & Q.Smith are all possible guys he could have been talking about. Maybe he is that cautious and calculating, but if he was talking about Mathieu or Thomas wouldnt he had said something like "they got snatched up right before our pick" the 'about four picks' is pretty telling to me.

So my best guess is Hopkins who was 3 picks before us (they were intent on building around Sam this off season) but Warford or Thornton were both 6 spots and we could have used them as starting Guards.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it was Thorton. I dont think we were targeting Bailey at all. But im sure glad they took him.
catcheryea

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely don't think it was Hopkins because Ogletree would have been the guy at #22 if we couldn't trade down. Why would they be disappointed about not getting a guy they wouldn't have taken in the first place?
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

catcheryea wrote:
I definitely don't think it was Hopkins because Ogletree would have been the guy at #22 if we couldn't trade down. Why would they be disappointed about not getting a guy they wouldn't have taken in the first place?

Exactly, everyone up until Bailey they seemed to be targeting. You can tell when they talk about the players or even see where they are selected; ie Brian Quick last year and TJ Mac this year. Both were relative reaches and they had no problem just taking them to make sure there was no risk of losing them.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll throw my guess out:

#146 Quanterus Smith
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason
catcheryea

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flatlyner wrote:
I'll throw my guess out:

#146 Quanterus Smith

That wouldn't make much sense because DE is probably our most secure position. We already have two polished, proven guys who are still young. There's no point in getting another DE who is nowhere near as good as Quinn or Long.
Rrrrrrrams

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was thomas and thats why the steelers made the move to get him. a trade with the browns!
thomas and mcdonald were the only two safeties with a vistit in st.louis.
DEE RAWL

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rrrrrrrams wrote:
it was thomas and thats why the steelers made the move to get him. a trade with the browns!
thomas and mcdonald were the only two safeties with a vistit in st.louis.

Pretty sure TJ Mac never came in for a visit.

Visits dont seem to be the deciding factor unless its the first round. Last year we brought in Brockers and this year we brought in Austin and Ogletree.

They didnt however bring in Pead, Tru Johnson, Rok, Aaron Brown or Richardson... and this years picks TJ Mac, Bailey, Jones, Mcgee or Stacy.

I love Shamarko, but if they would have felt the same they would have figured out a way to get him.
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

catcheryea wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
I'll throw my guess out:

#146 Quanterus Smith

That wouldn't make much sense because DE is probably our most secure position. We already have two polished, proven guys who are still young. There's no point in getting another DE who is nowhere near as good as Quinn or Long.

Unless they were picking for BPA. Smith probably needs to start season on PUP list anyways. He can be a very dominate pass rusher and you don't get those everyday. We are talking the 149th pick here too.
Lamarcus Joyner
Tre Mason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: