Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chase Thomas will make GM's look stupid!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wow_junky

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaintsBeast wrote:
Worm, i completely agree with you when you say "let his play do the talking". Hence why i chose to compare Tez to Gronk.

Gronk is the 2nd best TE in the NFL as it stands at this current moment. HE has let his play do the talking. Sure he parties like it's a second job or something, he's also a monster on the football field.

Tez on the other hand...? As far as I'm aware, Tez has yet to secure a starting job. Hence me saying "I might spend more of those free hours on the field and in the gym than in the club.".

Believe me, i understand. We have PLENTY of party maniacs here at Towson. But you see the difference between them, who frequent the clubs, as opposed to those that frequent the field/gym. And you see that difference when the coaches are making cuts, then progressively throughout the season as guys who may be slightly more talented maybe be benched in favor of those who have put in WAY more work.

Don't get me wrong, i love Martez Wilson as a player, and he does have the potential to be a stud in the NFL. But, imho, you shouldn't be partying or clubbing if you haven't lived up to that potential. You should be out on the field, striving to be better. Again, just my opinion as someone that plays football.

Good post. Considering how bad our D has been the last few years and studs like Wilson still can't displace Shanle, makes you wonder if there's more to it than coaches sticking with their favourites, or if our young up n comers just don't have the passion and drive to get a starting spot. We've added a lot of LBs in UDFA so lets see if everyone ups their game this off season....
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaintsBeast wrote:
Worm, i completely agree with you when you say "let his play do the talking". Hence why i chose to compare Tez to Gronk.

Gronk is the 2nd best TE in the NFL as it stands at this current moment. HE has let his play do the talking. Sure he parties like it's a second job or something, he's also a monster on the football field.

Tez on the other hand...? As far as I'm aware, Tez has yet to secure a starting job. Hence me saying "I might spend more of those free hours on the field and in the gym than in the club.".

Believe me, i understand. We have PLENTY of party maniacs here at Towson. But you see the difference between them, who frequent the clubs, as opposed to those that frequent the field/gym. And you see that difference when the coaches are making cuts, then progressively throughout the season as guys who may be slightly more talented maybe be benched in favor of those who have put in WAY more work.

Don't get me wrong, i love Martez Wilson as a player, and he does have the potential to be a stud in the NFL. But, imho, you shouldn't be partying or clubbing if you haven't lived up to that potential. You should be out on the field, striving to be better. Again, just my opinion as someone that plays football.

I've played football at 3 levels and I can tell you that I have had my share of partying, and some of the best players I ever played with were also the hardest partiers. I also knew good people who wasn't into the party scene and were all about football and still couldn't play a lick.

It always comes down to talent man, PERIOD!

That's why guys like Tyrann Mathieu can still go In the 3rd round, while there are about 100 other players that give their heart and soul to the sport go undrafted. It's all about talent dude, plain and simple.

Ever heard the old saying... "you can't make a you know what a house wife"?

Same thing when it comes to football players. If you draft a prospect based on his talent then try to change the way the guys wired, he won't be the same player because you take the edge away. Now that's my personal opinion based on my experience around the sport.

As far as Tez, A player needs reps to improve in this league and in his defense when he did get them he made plays. I say lets see how he handles this season where he is likely to see far more playing thime in the rotation before we cast judgement.

That's all...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets get back to the topic at hand:

Chase Thomas will become the Chuck Norris of the NFL, will be wearing #58, and Shanle is gone...FOR EV ER.
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sammymvpknight wrote:
Lets get back to the topic at hand:

Chase Thomas will become the Chuck Norris of the NFL, will be wearing #58, and Shanle is gone...FOR EV ER.

True... Laughing

Funny, the Saints actually benifited from Thomas going to the Senior Bowl while he suffered. They put the dude in space as a 43 OLB and he was exposed. That's not the guys game, Ryan will know how to use him and more importantly, Thomas will know how to excel in Ryans scheme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: