Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chase Thomas will make GM's look stupid!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
The issue is Martez Wilson has a history of this, Pierre Thomas does not.

I'll say this... Junior and Tez all offseason has been training at Sonic Boom in New Orleans, I ain't no club promoter but I do hit the bars and clubs quite often in my city. I frequently room the major (and minor) hot spots for all the Saints and Hornets/Pelcians players... befriending quite a few in my time.

Thus far I have not even ran across or much less seen Tez anywhere even with him being in town all this time. I have not heard anything of the sorts concerning him nor has anyone that I associate myself with in the club scene.

However... unlike some "so called angles" in the eyes of Saints fans, I cannot say the same for. Be careful who you cast stones at and who you put up on pedstals without knowing the facts.

Like I said... let his play on the field speak for him and stay out of his personal life. You would be shocked if most would know the truth about some of peoples most beloved Saints players.

Stick to football... all else is not our business in my opinion!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk958n5n66o
Harper41

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never said it was an issue. I was just saying the difference between Pierre and Martez is that Martez has had a past as being a party animal/hanging out with the wrong crew, where Pierre has not.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
domepatrol91

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
I never said it was an issue. I was just saying the difference between Pierre and Martez is that Martez has had a past as being a party animal/hanging out with the wrong crew, where Pierre has not.

Harper41 wrote:

Confused Question

2014 Adopt a Saint
Brandin Cooks - 10 receptions, 94 yards, 1 TD - 3 rushes, 49 yards
Corey White - 13 tackles, 1 fumble recovery
Harper41

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Harper41 wrote:

Confused Question

I meant, thats why Martez is getting called out for being at night clubs while Pierre is not. Come on guys, not a hard subject to grasp.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Harper41 wrote:

Confused Question

I meant, thats why Martez is getting called out for being at night clubs while Pierre is not. Come on guys, not a hard subject to grasp.

Just because your history is not documented does not mean you don't have a history...

Harper41

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Harper41 wrote:

Confused Question

Just because your history is not documented does not mean you don't have a history...

And? We're just going to assume Pierre has a history? Thats dumb. Martez HAS had problems in the past, they ARE documented.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
whodatworm23 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Harper41 wrote:

Confused Question

And? We're just going to assume Pierre has a history? Thats dumb. Martez HAS had problems in the past, they ARE documented.

Why are you making this a Pierre vs Tez thing??? Is it because I simply used him as an example in a quote...

The fact is that for all the crap ya'll are throwing out about Tez, true or not would not even compare to the TRUTH of players that are on or once were on this team but who are still considered "great people" and "high character" guys!!! Laughing

What I'm saying is that I have personally seen players who had a past in high school and college get rim rodded while actually being quite clean in the pros, while others live behind the cover of the good guy when the reality of it is far from the truth. I still laugh when I hear and read about people talking about some current and former players, about how much of good people they are and how they are the type of people we need on this team, or is missed!

If those people only knew...

All I am saying is be careful who you label low character guys but be even more careful with who you label High character ones as well.

Harper41

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying Tez is low character, or that he doesn't have a work ethic or anything negative about him. I was simply stating the difference between Pierre and Tez being out partying is that Pierre has never been in trouble while Tez HAS found trouble out at parties before. That's all, you and TD read WAY too much into my comment.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
domepatrol91

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
I'm not saying Tez is low character, or that he doesn't have a work ethic or anything negative about him. I was simply stating the difference between Pierre and Tez being out partying is that Pierre has never been in trouble while Tez HAS found trouble out at parties before. That's all, you and TD read WAY too much into my comment.

Then why did you call it an issue? It wasn't an issue, you were clarifying.

2014 Adopt a Saint
Harper41

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Good lord. He used Pierre Thomas as an example, saying he goes clubbing and partying sometimes but doesn't get called out. I said THE ISSUE with that comparison is that Tez has past issues when he parties, Pierre doesn't. I didn't say I have an issue with Tez having fun, I said the issue with the COMPARISON is that Tez has had issues before where Pierre hasn't.

Do you guys get it now?

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Good lord. He used Pierre Thomas as an example, saying he goes clubbing and partying sometimes but doesn't get called out. I said THE ISSUE with that comparison is that Tez has past issues when he parties, Pierre doesn't. I didn't say I have an issue with Tez having fun, I said the issue with the COMPARISON is that Tez has had issues before where Pierre hasn't.

Do you guys get it now?

The only reason you know anything about Tez's past clubbing issues is because of his incident involving the stabbing... you honestly believe Tez is the only one on the Saints team that has this issue involving clubbing?

No... Tez just is the only one with an unfourtnate near death experience that's been well documented but believe me, Tez's clubbing is the LEAST of the issues involving some of our current players.

domepatrol91

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Do you guys get it now?

I've got it all along, I still disagree with you.

Martez's partying hasn't hurt him in the pros. Pierre's partying hasn't hurt him in the pros.
Martez parties. Pierre parties.
That's the only comparison that was being made, anything else is you reading into it too far.

There's nothing wrong with the point worm was making.

2014 Adopt a Saint
FLOODx

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as they handle their business on the field I'm sure none of us care.

gopherwrestler on the sig.
Adopt-a-Saint
Cam Jordan: 47 tackles, 12.5 sacks, 2 FF
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this thread was about Chase Thomas?

Laughing

Kenny Vaccaro; coming soon to a town near you to screw up your QB's day. ATL first on the knock-off list. #RISEUPFORWHAT
SaintsBeast

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worm, i completely agree with you when you say "let his play do the talking". Hence why i chose to compare Tez to Gronk.

Gronk is the 2nd best TE in the NFL as it stands at this current moment. HE has let his play do the talking. Sure he parties like it's a second job or something, he's also a monster on the football field.

Tez on the other hand...? As far as I'm aware, Tez has yet to secure a starting job. Hence me saying "I might spend more of those free hours on the field and in the gym than in the club.".

Believe me, i understand. We have PLENTY of party maniacs here at Towson. But you see the difference between them, who frequent the clubs, as opposed to those that frequent the field/gym. And you see that difference when the coaches are making cuts, then progressively throughout the season as guys who may be slightly more talented maybe be benched in favor of those who have put in WAY more work.

Don't get me wrong, i love Martez Wilson as a player, and he does have the potential to be a stud in the NFL. But, imho, you shouldn't be partying or clubbing if you haven't lived up to that potential. You should be out on the field, striving to be better. Again, just my opinion as someone that plays football.

2012 Adopt-A-Saint:
Martez Wilson, DE: 1 Sack, 6 Tackles, 1 FF, 1 Punt Block
Will Smith, DE: 2 Sacks, 22 Tackles, 0 FF

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: