Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Draft Prospects Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 89, 90, 91  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CT Cowboy Fan wrote:
LeeV1990 wrote:
Would anyone consider pulling a Green Bay and drafting a QB in the first round to groom for a few years behind Romo? Not sure how I feel about Manziel playing on the NFL, but it is hard to argue with the number he has put up in the SEC. If Boyd/Manziel was on the board when we are on the clock, would you consider pulling the trigger?

No to Boyd, yes to Manziel in the 2nd. We can't afford a 1st round QB with the current state of the trenches.

You can always afford a first round quarterback if there is a worthy one available. It's far and away the most important position on the football field, and also the hardest to find. The Packers had other needs besides quarterback when they selected Rodgers. I would 100% be on board with drafting a quarterback if our scouting department thought there was franchise potential in someone who was available.

I'd be very hesitant on Manziel. I like Boyd as a player, but his age bothers me.

I am a really big fan of Hundley. He's obviously not ready, but I think he could be a superstar if given the Aaron Rodgers treatment. He has all the tools, is a hard worker, and a football junkie. He'd be my target if he declares.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
First shot at it, 2014. And here.... we..... go!

1st R. Hageman DT Minn
2nd T. Jackson OG F.S.U.
3rd C. Simms RB W.V. (curious isn't it)
4th C.J. Burnett SS O.S.U.
5th Kony Ealy DE Miss
6th Ryan Groy OG Wis. (Could be good chemistry next to former alumni Fredricks)
7th Zack Kerr DT Del.

Well, there it is. My first mock for 2014.

This would be an outstanding draft. I would absolutely love getting Hageman, but I'm thinking he ends up in top 15 of draft. Too much potential and versatility. Love the OG combo. Kerr is an interesting prospect too.

Thanks Wiz. I like the idea that Kerr is only 6-1 but goes at 327 lbs. It is one of the things that made Russell Maryland so awesome. Go back and watch film of Maryland. He used to get UNDER the OLinemen and use leverage to collapse the pocket.

The thing that worries me about tall DT is that their opposition gets under them and gets them off balance. At 6-1/ 327 it would be awfully difficult to do to this guy. Now I realize Maryland was a 1st rounder and this a 7th rounder but it is the frame and approach that I am comparing.

But again, thanks for the vote of confidence.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeV1990 wrote:
Would anyone consider pulling a Green Bay and drafting a QB in the first round to groom for a few years behind Romo? Not sure how I feel about Manziel playing on the NFL, but it is hard to argue with the number he has put up in the SEC. If Boyd/Manziel was on the board when we are on the clock, would you consider pulling the trigger?

I've been all for drafting a QB to groom for a long time, but I don't want any part of either Boyd or Manziel. The only QB whom I'd be interested in would be Hundley should he fall to us (mainly because we all know that Bridgewater won't).

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

parker1035 wrote:
CT Cowboy Fan wrote:
Felix=Fast! wrote:
CT Cowboy Fan wrote:
LeeV1990 wrote:

No to Boyd, yes to Manziel in the 2nd. We can't afford a 1st round QB with the current state of the trenches.
Can you imagine all the diva crap we would get from commentators between Manziel and Dez...it would be unbearable to watch/listen to

It would be outta control, but entertaining nonetheless

I can't imagine Manziel being available to us in the 2nd. One could only dream. I highly doubt he is even on the board for us in the 1st as well. One thing for sure though, if he happened to be on the Cowboys somehow.. every single week, all we would hear is whether he should start over Romo.

I don't want any part of Manziel. He, along with Marcus Mariota will be nothing more than the latest spread/read option QB busts whom everyone thinks will be the ones to break the mold and succeed. Thanks, but no thanks. I'd much prefer a drop back passer who can read and decipher defensive coverages from under center at the LOS.

Northland wrote:
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
CT Cowboy Fan wrote:
LeeV1990 wrote:

You can always afford a first round quarterback if there is a worthy one available. It's far and away the most important position on the football field, and also the hardest to find. The Packers had other needs besides quarterback when they selected Rodgers. I would 100% be on board with drafting a quarterback if our scouting department thought there was franchise potential in someone who was available.

I'd be very hesitant on Manziel. I like Boyd as a player, but his age bothers me.

I am a really big fan of Hundley. He's obviously not ready, but I think he could be a superstar if given the Aaron Rodgers treatment. He has all the tools, is a hard worker, and a football junkie. He'd be my target if he declares.

This.

Northland wrote:
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
LeeV1990 wrote:

I've been all for drafting a QB to groom for a long time, but I don't want any part of either Boyd or Manziel. The only QB whom I'd be interested in would be Hundley should he fall to us (mainly because we all know that Bridgewater won't).

The other guy I'd be interested in with some first round buzz is Derek Carr

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
LeeV1990 wrote:

The other guy I'd be interested in with some first round buzz is Derek Carr

I like him as a prospect, but see him more as a career backup. I don't think I'd use a 1st round pick on him.

Northland wrote:
Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
CT Cowboy Fan wrote:
LeeV1990 wrote:

This.

Well...the last UCLA QB we took worked out fairly well... Laughing

^^^Deadpulse
Felix=Fast!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
CT Cowboy Fan wrote:
LeeV1990 wrote:

This.

Well...the last UCLA QB we took worked out fairly well... :lol:
similarly the last A&M qb we took blew.

Sean Lee leads the NFL in making David Wilson cry.
LeeV1990

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the word on Aaron Murray and AJ McCarron? Anyone know when they are projected to go off the board? I like Manziel, but the only thing that worries me is his size. Admittedly I haven't watched many of his games this season, but he doesn't seem like your typical zone read option type quarterback. He makes great throws and is able to extend the play with his legs. I know there are some character issues that come with Manziel, but I also think the majority of those are blown out of proportion by the media. Obviously the Manning camp and pushing an assistant is worrisome, but them making a big deal out of his tweet about wanting to get out of College Station is silly (that place really does kinda suck). We all know that the trenches needs to be addressed, but I don't think any of us want to go through that same debacle once Aikman left.
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeV1990 wrote:
What's the word on Aaron Murray and AJ McCarron? Anyone know when they are projected to go off the board? I like Manziel, but the only thing that worries me is his size.

If you're concerned with Manziel's size, then you should be concerned with Murray's. He's a small guy, too.

Quote:
Admittedly I haven't watched many of his games this season, but he doesn't seem like your typical zone read option type quarterback. He makes great throws and is able to extend the play with his legs. I know there are some character issues that come with Manziel, but I also think the majority of those are blown out of proportion by the media. Obviously the Manning camp and pushing an assistant is worrisome, but them making a big deal out of his tweet about wanting to get out of College Station is silly (that place really does kinda suck). We all know that the trenches needs to be addressed, but I don't think any of us want to go through that same debacle once Aikman left.

Manziel is your typical zone/read guy. He isn't asked to go through progressions, nor is he asked to diagnose coverages at the LOS, and he doesn't play in a complex scheme. He has bust written all over him.

Northland wrote:
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Murray's height is going to hurt him, but for the moment he appears to be a 2nd/3rd rder. MCarron projects somewhere around 5th rd.

^^Kiltman^^
Ace5 wrote:
OH GOD ITS ALL OVER THE WALLS.
LeeV1990

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
LeeV1990 wrote:
What's the word on Aaron Murray and AJ McCarron? Anyone know when they are projected to go off the board? I like Manziel, but the only thing that worries me is his size.

If you're concerned with Manziel's size, then you should be concerned with Murray's. He's a small guy, too.

Quote:
Admittedly I haven't watched many of his games this season, but he doesn't seem like your typical zone read option type quarterback. He makes great throws and is able to extend the play with his legs. I know there are some character issues that come with Manziel, but I also think the majority of those are blown out of proportion by the media. Obviously the Manning camp and pushing an assistant is worrisome, but them making a big deal out of his tweet about wanting to get out of College Station is silly (that place really does kinda suck). We all know that the trenches needs to be addressed, but I don't think any of us want to go through that same debacle once Aikman left.

Manziel is your typical zone/read guy. He isn't asked to go through progressions, nor is he asked to diagnose coverages at the LOS, and he doesn't play in a complex scheme. He has bust written all over him.

I'll take your word for it on Manziel since I haven't watched many of his games nor do I have any knowledge on how to evaluate a quarterback. Just out of curiosity what is it that you don't like about Boyd?
JWingate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
Murray's height is going to hurt him, but for the moment he appears to be a 2nd/3rd rder. MCarron projects somewhere around 5th rd.

Murray reminds me so much of a young Drew Brees. What I like most about him is he has a very quick delivery.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a draft strategy.

RD1= D-Line
RD2= O-Line
RD3= D-Line
RD4= D-Line
RD5= D-Line
RD6= D-Line
RD7= O-line

FTW

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 89, 90, 91  Next
Page 25 of 91

Jump to: