Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Draft Prospects Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 89, 90, 91  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
emmittsmith22


Joined: 19 Jan 2010
Posts: 468
Location: TX
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Mazniel...ew. Want nothing to do with him at the NFL level


What's your biggest concern with Manziel?
_________________


ZAX
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flyingmonkey30


Moderator
Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 6523
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emmittsmith22 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Mazniel...ew. Want nothing to do with him at the NFL level


What's your biggest concern with Manziel?


I have a few to be totally honest. My first is the most obvious, lack of size. On A&M's football website, he is listed at 6'1, 200 pounds. A lot of times, these sites list players as bigger than they actually are. Wouldn't at all surprise me if he is closer to 6'0, 185.

My next problem is his lack of arm strength. He grossly under threw his receivers at times. When I went to watch some Mike Evans highlights, he had a few catches where he had to come back to the ball on a fly route and take it away from a corner.

Next is he makes some very dumb decisions. I watched some tape on a safety, can't remember who at the moment, but Manziel rolled out to the sideline and was about to get sacked. Instead of taking the sack, he tried throwing it left handed, and the safety dropped it. Landed right in his arms, just missed it. I applaud his efforts, but he tries to do too much at times.

And lastly, I worry about his character. I have heard that he will chew out teammates when things aren't going his way. He hangs his head and hides under a towel when he messes up, and you never want to see your leader doing that.

He is a very exciting player with great ball placement, athleticism, and an uncanny ability to improvise. But he lacks size, arm strength, has poor decision making, and questionable leadership. I just don't think he is an NFL caliber QB.
_________________


Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 27685
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...what positions are (as of right now) likely areas of need for us next year?

For me, I'd say...

DE, DT, SLB (unless Holloman shows promise), OT, OG and I'd like to see us start grooming a QB.
_________________

^^^mack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
WizardHawk


Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 9820
Location: Hawkeye State
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
So...what positions are (as of right now) likely areas of need for us next year?

For me, I'd say...

DE, DT, SLB (unless Holloman shows promise), OT, OG and I'd like to see us start grooming a QB.


Definitely DE and DT.

Going to bet OG and RT move up the list as well. Like Church, unsure about Johnson/others, so FS. Also like to see a QB groomed.
_________________

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
canadaluvsdalla


Joined: 19 Jan 2011
Posts: 3349
Location: I state my opinion. You Listen. I won't change my stance.
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

emmittsmith22 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Mazniel...ew. Want nothing to do with him at the NFL level


What's your biggest concern with Manziel?


That hes the second coming of Romo.
_________________

Dirk Gently on 2012 Cowboys O-line wrote:
I think last year we gave up pressure to 3 jewish ladies from brooklyn.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flyingmonkey30


Moderator
Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 6523
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:
emmittsmith22 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Mazniel...ew. Want nothing to do with him at the NFL level


What's your biggest concern with Manziel?


That hes the second coming of Romo.


If anyone compares to Romo in this class, it is David Fales from San Jose State, IMO. Manziel is more like a more athletic Colt McCoy.
_________________


Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PincheJimmy


Joined: 20 Jan 2008
Posts: 1303
Location: Flower Mound, TX
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would hope that they draft a QB with one of their 2nd or 3rd pick and let him sit and learn for 2 years and then step in for Romo. Add a DE or OL with first pick which will be in the high 20's if all goes well this season Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Rtnldave


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 2939
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Total shot in the dark as I have no idea who some of these guys are. I'm just going based on how the Cowboys reach for players and over pay in trade value:

1- DE Kareem Morris- North Car. 6-5 250
2- ILB Andrew Jackson- West Kentucky. 6-1 262
3- DT Justin Ellis- Lous Tech. 6-2 330
4- OG Spenceer Long- Neb. 6-3 308
5- QB Arron Murray- Geor. 6-1 212

Like I said, total shot in the dark. But it's fun.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
flyingmonkey30


Moderator
Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 6523
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
Total shot in the dark as I have no idea who some of these guys are. I'm just going based on how the Cowboys reach for players and over pay in trade value:

1- DE Kareem Morris- North Car. 6-5 250
2- ILB Andrew Jackson- West Kentucky. 6-1 262
3- DT Justin Ellis- Lous Tech. 6-2 330
4- OG Spenceer Long- Neb. 6-3 308
5- QB Arron Murray- Geor. 6-1 212

Like I said, total shot in the dark. But it's fun.


Do you mean Kareem Martin? I don't know a whole lot about him, but UNC has produced a decent pipeline for linemen. Jackson is more of a 3-4 thumper ILB. I don't think he has the mobility to succeed in a Tampa-2. I would love Murray in the 5th if we could get him there.
_________________


Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20466
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

canadaluvsdalla wrote:
emmittsmith22 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Mazniel...ew. Want nothing to do with him at the NFL level


What's your biggest concern with Manziel?


That hes the second coming of Romo.


No, he really isn't. He's not nearly as talented as Romo is, and I'm not a Romo guy.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flyingmonkey30


Moderator
Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 6523
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:
emmittsmith22 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Mazniel...ew. Want nothing to do with him at the NFL level


What's your biggest concern with Manziel?


That hes the second coming of Romo.


No, he really isn't. He's not nearly as talented as Romo is, and I'm not a Romo guy.


Thank you.
_________________


Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rtnldave


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 2939
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Rtnldave wrote:
Total shot in the dark as I have no idea who some of these guys are. I'm just going based on how the Cowboys reach for players and over pay in trade value:

1- DE Kareem Morris- North Car. 6-5 250
2- ILB Andrew Jackson- West Kentucky. 6-1 262
3- DT Justin Ellis- Lous Tech. 6-2 330
4- OG Spenceer Long- Neb. 6-3 308
5- QB Arron Murray- Geor. 6-1 212

Like I said, total shot in the dark. But it's fun.


Do you mean Kareem Martin? I don't know a whole lot about him, but UNC has produced a decent pipeline for linemen. Jackson is more of a 3-4 thumper ILB. I don't think he has the mobility to succeed in a Tampa-2. I would love Murray in the 5th if we could get him there.


Yes, that's the one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20466
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:
emmittsmith22 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Mazniel...ew. Want nothing to do with him at the NFL level


What's your biggest concern with Manziel?


That hes the second coming of Romo.


No, he really isn't. He's not nearly as talented as Romo is, and I'm not a Romo guy.


Thank you.


You're more than welcome, amigo. You know that I always call things like I see them, regardless of how people feel about it.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
flyingmonkey30


Moderator
Joined: 04 Mar 2007
Posts: 6523
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
canadaluvsdalla wrote:
emmittsmith22 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Mazniel...ew. Want nothing to do with him at the NFL level


What's your biggest concern with Manziel?


That hes the second coming of Romo.


No, he really isn't. He's not nearly as talented as Romo is, and I'm not a Romo guy.


Thank you.


You're more than welcome, amigo. You know that I always call things like I see them, regardless of how people feel about it.


Which is why I have so much respect for you as a poster.

I can't stand it when someone tells me Manziel is going to be a good NFL QB. I usually just drop the conversation there, because its not even worth my time. I see a more athletic Colt McCoy.
_________________


Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nextyearfordaboyz


Joined: 11 Jan 2005
Posts: 17197
PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manziel was a freshman last year. He definitely showed a lot of things that make you think he might not develop into an NFL quarterback. But that's true about nearly all quarterbacks who start as freshmen.

I'm not willing to draft him now, but I'm not going to say he can't become a legitimate NFL passer either.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 89, 90, 91  Next
Page 3 of 91

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group