Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Draft Prospects Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 89, 90, 91  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Felix=Fast! wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
romo2bryant wrote:
Honestly, Why don't we just finish up our offensive line with the first 2 picks next year? Leary looks good, Fredrick looks worthy of that first round pick

Why not get a RT/RG first two picks?

Round 1 - Lewan or Cyrus Kouandjio
Round 2 - Cyril Richardson or David Yankey

With our round two picks it would give us a guy who could play inside or out for us depending on injuries.

Smith-Leary-Fredrick-Richardson-Kouandjio would be a young offensive line and something we wouldn't have to worry about for a long time.

I wouldn't mind that at all. But I also would like to see us grab some help on the d-line as well. Tons of great DTs that I like. Jernigan, Nix, Johnson, Sutton, Hageman, McCullers, Coleman. And some solid DEs as well. Clowney, Lynch, Tuitt, Jeffcoat, Breslin, Crichton, Murphy, Martin. Good year to need linemen on either side of the ball.
agreed. as of now we are hurting for depth so bad in DL. we just need to sink all of our picks into OL/DL. I thinkJerry will be thinking DL.

Honestly, I would be very happy with something along the lines of...

1st - Will Sutton, DT - Arizona State
2nd - Xavier Su'a-Filo, OG - UCLA
3rd - James Gayle, DE - Virginia Tech

Will Sutton was given a 5th round grade by the advisory committee. That's why he came back to school. I think the guy is going to be a stud, but I wonder if his size limitations will keep him from being a 1st round pick.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Felix=Fast! wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
romo2bryant wrote:
Honestly, Why don't we just finish up our offensive line with the first 2 picks next year? Leary looks good, Fredrick looks worthy of that first round pick

With our round two picks it would give us a guy who could play inside or out for us depending on injuries.

Smith-Leary-Fredrick-Richardson-Kouandjio would be a young offensive line and something we wouldn't have to worry about for a long time.

I wouldn't mind that at all. But I also would like to see us grab some help on the d-line as well. Tons of great DTs that I like. Jernigan, Nix, Johnson, Sutton, Hageman, McCullers, Coleman. And some solid DEs as well. Clowney, Lynch, Tuitt, Jeffcoat, Breslin, Crichton, Murphy, Martin. Good year to need linemen on either side of the ball.
agreed. as of now we are hurting for depth so bad in DL. we just need to sink all of our picks into OL/DL. I thinkJerry will be thinking DL.

Honestly, I would be very happy with something along the lines of...

1st - Will Sutton, DT - Arizona State
2nd - Xavier Su'a-Filo, OG - UCLA
3rd - James Gayle, DE - Virginia Tech

Will Sutton was given a 5th round grade by the advisory committee. That's why he came back to school. I think the guy is going to be a stud, but I wonder if his size limitations will keep him from being a 1st round pick.

They shouldn't. He straight up dominates his opponents. Also heard that he is up closer to 300 this year, so if he keeps his athleticism, then he will shoot up boards.

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
romo2bryant wrote:

I don't want any part of any player from UT. They're lazy, complacent, and coddled. They're a lot like players from USC. Poor coaching and a sense of entitlement makes for bad NFL prospects.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
romo2bryant wrote:

I don't want any part of any player from UT. They're lazy, complacent, and coddled. They're a lot like players from USC. Poor coaching and a sense of entitlement makes for bad NFL prospects.

I'm not really sure what sparked this response. Of every player I listed, there was one from UT.

And I hate that mindset. If you have that mindset, you miss out on Earl Thomas, Lamarr Houston, Henry Melton, Brian Orakpo, Sam Acho, Jamaal Charles, Michael Griffin. Those are all guys I would want on my team. Every school has prospects that pan out, and prospects that don't. Judge the player for the player, not where he went to school.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
romo2bryant wrote:

I'm not really sure what sparked this response. Of every player I listed, there was one from UT.

And I hate that mindset. If you have that mindset, you miss out on Earl Thomas, Lamarr Houston, Henry Melton, Brian Orakpo, Sam Acho, Jamaal Charles, Michael Griffin. Those are all guys I would want on my team. Every school has prospects that pan out, and prospects that don't. Judge the player for the player, not where he went to school.

Agreed. I think being that Jackson is the son of a former NFL player will benefit him as well.

^^^Deadpulse
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I have been watching Dominique Easley. My new man crush.

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:

Very disruptive player (Florida has some amazing defensive talent) but he isn't our best DL player, IMO.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:

Very disruptive player (Florida has some amazing defensive talent) but he isn't our best DL player, IMO.

Who would you say is the best then? I just loved what I saw from Easley. Always the first off the ball, causes havoc in the backfield. Could be a great 3-tech for us if he can start finishing off plays

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want everyone to turn on the ND Purde game. SOOOO Many DL I like.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting to wonder if we might not be looking at Seastrunk or Carey

^^^Deadpulse
Calvert28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only priority is getting a QB, we didn't address it last year. Until we do that in the draft, pay no mind to any other position unless it's a godsend. I give Romo at most 3 more years before injuries take their toll.

I would personally take a look at someone reasonable like McCarron, not a sexy prospect but then again neither were some of the other elite or SB winning QB's.

Sciz wrote:
The sarcastic comments are getting old. We already dislike you. Don't make it worse.
LIES!
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
romo2bryant wrote:

Agreed. I think being that Jackson is the son of a former NFL player will benefit him as well.

None of the play by anyone on that defense warrants attention at this point. That entire unit and everyone on it has been dreadful.

Northland wrote:
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
I want everyone to turn on the ND Purde game. SOOOO Many DL I like.

Nix, Tuitt, and ND's freshman d-lineman (whose name I can't remember) are all studs.

Northland wrote:
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvert28 wrote:
Only priority is getting a QB, we didn't address it last year. Until we do that in the draft, pay no mind to any other position unless it's a godsend. I give Romo at most 3 more years before injuries take their toll.

I would personally take a look at someone reasonable like McCarron, not a sexy prospect but then again neither were some of the other elite or SB winning QB's.

McCarron is no good. He doesn't have the tools to be a successful QB in the NFL. He's a nice game manager and a really successful college QB, but not much of a pro prospect. If we're looking at a mid-to-late round guy, Bryn Renner from UNC is a nice prospect. If we want to follow the trend of spread QBs (which I would not recommend), Marcus Mariota would be a strong 3rd-4th round pick.

Northland wrote:
htfryar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick, name the player who leads the SEC (and is tied for 1st in the nation) in sacks. If you said Chris Smith of Arkansas, congratulations. WPS!

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 89, 90, 91  Next
Page 11 of 91

Jump to: