Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Draft Prospects Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 89, 90, 91  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to know your views on Renner, FM

^^^mack
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:

So would I Laughing

Honestly haven't gotten much of a chance to look into him yet, but if I can find some cut ups I will give you my thoughts

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

So would I Laughing

Honestly haven't gotten much of a chance to look into him yet, but if I can find some cut ups I will give you my thoughts

Gotcha. His stats look pretty well on paper, and he is a Butch Davis recruit...

^^^mack
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:

So would I Laughing

Gotcha. His stats look pretty well on paper, and he is a Butch Davis recruit...

I'm a big fan of him as well even though all I've been able to see from him is on Jonathan Cooper highlights lol. I haven't seen enough to make a concrete judgement though yet. But, I like what I've seen thus far.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So all I could really find of him was UNC vs. Duke. Didn't watch the entire thing, but got through a decent amount and enough to get a first impression. Didn't really like him so much. Was making poor decisions, looked very rattled under pressure, and wasn't very accurate. I also want to see how he performs without Cooper, Gio Bernard, and everyone else who declared for the draft. But I do want to see more games of him, particularly in the 2013 season to see if he is able to bulk up from 215 and play a little better with less help around him. This is his team now.

EDIT: I was talking about Renner in case you couldn't figure that out.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Da Boyz

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just the picture or are Bridgewaters hands that big? That looks like a pop Warner football he is holding.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Da Boyz wrote:
Is it just the picture or are Bridgewaters hands that big? That looks like a pop Warner football he is holding.

I could be wrong, but I think he actually has small hands, which is why he wears the gloves. Don't quote me on that though

flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not getting the hype with Carr to be totally honest...

Tony7188

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since Teddy Bridgewater will probably go to Jacksonville with the #1 overall draft pick, I think David Fales will likely be within our position to trade up and draft.

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont see the infatuation with Bridgewater, I dont think he's that good.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking way ahead, but maybe some things to look for in terms of team needs next offseason. In no particular order...

1. Defensive End

At the moment, Anthony Spencer is not under contract beyond this season. Moreover, Demarcus Ware is not getting any younger and we don't have a lot of depth at this position anyways. Might want to address this in the first three rounds or so to bring in the next pass rusher of the future.

Players to Watch: Jadeveon Clowney, South Carolina; Henry Anderson, Stanford; Scott Crichton, Oregon State; Ben Gardner, Stanford; Jackson Jeffcoat, Texas; Aaron Lynch, USF; Stephon Tuitt, Notre Dame.

2. Defensive Tackle

I think that we will be able to survive with Ratliff and Hatcher this year, but I feel like this could be Rat's last year in Dallas. As much as I love Hatcher, he is in a contract year and will be 31. The defensive line was not addressed in the 2013 draft, so I could see us heavily investing in d-linemen in 2014.

Players to Watch: Calvin Barnett, Oklahoma State; Ra'Shede Hageman, Minnesota; Timmy Jernigan, Florida State; Anthony Johnson, LSU; Daniel McCullers, Tennessee; Louis Nix, Notre Dame.

3. Offensive Guard

We have a lot of project players who will be on their last straw this season. Guys like David Arkin, Ronald Leary, and Kevin Kowalski need to put up or shut up. Additionally, Livings and Bernadeau have one more chance to step up. If we cannot find two starting caliber guards in house, it is time to go offensive line early again.

Players to Watch: La'el Collins, LSU; Gabe Jackson, Mississippi State; Cyril Richardson, Baylor; Anthony Steen, Alabama; Xavier Su'a-Filo, UCLA.

4. Right Tackle

Unless something goes horribly wrong, we know we have a solid left tackle in Tyron Smith. It is time to find his bookend. This hinges on Jeremy Parnell. He has the physical tools to be a quality tackle, but we need to see him take major strides, or we may need to really go heavy on the trenches. This is a personal thing, but I think that a right tackle is almost as crucial as a left tackle, so I am one of the few who thinks that drafting a right tackle early isn't necessarily a bad thing (see Luke Joeckel).

Players to Watch: Seantrel Henderson, Miami (FL); JuWuan James, Tennessee; Cyrus Kouandjio, Alabama; Taylor Lewan, Michigan; Jake Matthews, Texas A&M; Morgan Moses, Virginia Tech; Antonio Richardson, Tennessee; David Yankey, Stanford.

5. Outside Linebacker

I am pulling for all of the UDFA and late round linebackers on our team. I really am. But if the opportunity presents itself to really solidify our linebacking core, we could have an elite defense with rangy linebackers that can wreak havoc all over the field.

Players to Watch: Jeremiah Attaochu, Georgia Tech; Jonathan Brown, Illinois; Christian Jones, Florida State; C.J. Mosley, Alabama; Ryan Shazier, Ohio State.

6. Free Safety

At this point in time, I don't think we really know what we have at safety. We have two guys who have shown promise, but have a bad history of injuries in Matt Johnson and Barry Church, as well as a small school athlete in J.J. Wilcox. Don't rule out taking another safety at some point in the draft, particularly a free safety.

Players to Watch: Ha'Sean Clinton-Dix, Alabama; Tevin McDonald, Eastern Washington; Ed Reynolds, Stanford; Karlos Williams, Florida State; Ty Zimmerman, Kansas State.

WizardHawk

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Looking way ahead, but maybe some things to look for in terms of team needs next offseason. In no particular order...

2. Defensive Tackle

I think that we will be able to survive with Ratliff and Hatcher this year, but I feel like this could be Rat's last year in Dallas. As much as I love Hatcher, he is in a contract year and will be 31. The defensive line was not addressed in the 2013 draft, so I could see us heavily investing in d-linemen in 2014.

Players to Watch: Calvin Barnett, Oklahoma State; Ra'Shede Hageman, Minnesota; Timmy Jernigan, Florida State; Anthony Johnson, LSU; Daniel McCullers, Tennessee; Louis Nix, Notre Dame.

McCullers is one of those who is simply too big at this point. He loses 40-50 lbs, it's a different story. But, right now, his weight would steer me clear.

Quote:
4. Right Tackle

Unless something goes horribly wrong, we know we have a solid left tackle in Tyron Smith. It is time to find his bookend. This hinges on Jeremy Parnell. He has the physical tools to be a quality tackle, but we need to see him take major strides, or we may need to really go heavy on the trenches. This is a personal thing, but I think that a right tackle is almost as crucial as a left tackle, so I am one of the few who thinks that drafting a right tackle early isn't necessarily a bad thing (see Luke Joeckel).

Players to Watch: Seantrel Henderson, Miami (FL); JuWuan James, Tennessee; Cyrus Kouandjio, Alabama; Taylor Lewan, Michigan; Jake Matthews, Texas A&M; Morgan Moses, Virginia Tech; Antonio Richardson, Tennessee; David Yankey, Stanford.

Henderson is a prima donna, dunce. Wouldn't touch him.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like McCullers carries his weight very well though. He moves well too. As for Henderson, I agree for the most part, but just wanted to put some of the bigger names down just in case. If he ever got his head on straight, he'd be an ideal right tackle I think

emmittsmith22

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might get crucified for saying this with a lot of people having mixed opinions about him, but I can't get the thought of Johnny Manziel getting paired up with Dez out of my head. Manziel is small for a QB and some say he'd get banged up trying to run the way he does in the NFL. I just think it comes down to how he can flat out make plays. Just think about the possibilities with a young offensive corp including Manziel, Dez, Demarco, Tyron, Frederick, Escobar, Hanna, and Terrance Williams. I think bringing him in would make the Dallas Cowboys the most exciting team to watch on sundays.

ZAX
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mazniel...ew. Want nothing to do with him at the NFL level

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 89, 90, 91  Next
Page 2 of 91

Jump to: