Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Draft Prospects Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 89, 90, 91  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JWingate

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
CT Cowboy Fan wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Felix=Fast! wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Felix=Fast! wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Felix=Fast! wrote:
There are so many blue chip talents in this upcoming draft, if dallas walked away with one i would be pumped regardless of position but preferably in the line somewhere.

One thing i want to see is these quarterbacks play and se who they will push down the board. Its like that 2-3 QBs could go in the top 5...then where do the WRs, OTs and DL fall.

At this point in time, Teddy is the only QB that will go top 5, IMO
Tajh Boyd and if a guy like Brett Hundley declares I think it definitely possible. If teams are desperate for QB. Teams like the eagles, raiders, jags, jets, cards, kc, browns, bucs all could be in the market for a franchise QB.

Boyd won't be a 1st round pick. Too short, too inconsistent, and his arm is too weak. He may be a 2nd or 3rd rounder, but definitely not a 1st at this point in time. Granted, that may change, but I'd doubt it. If Hundley continues to develop, I can see a team using a 1st rounder on him, though. His size and athleticism alone with make teams swoon.
Im not necesarrily saying they are deserving of a top 5 pick but i am saying the need will force some QBs up the board. Happens every year and the need seems really strong this season for lots of teams.

I totally agree that teams reach on QBs, but I don't see a team reaching on Boyd. He has too many flaws to ignore with respect to a 1st round QB. Plus, if a team is willing to select a lower ranked guy for the sole sake of filling a need rather than looking to improve the team by selecting the best player, that team will likely always be selecting at the top of the draft each year.

Im not a Boyd supporter at all. But for conversations sake, how would he compare to Ponder, Gabbert, Tannehill or Manuel? All recent QBs who when in the 1st that could be concidered reaches. The way the NFL values QBs its not out of the question for him to go in the 1st.

Of your list, Ponder is the only player who would be rated below Boyd. He was also the only real head scratcher of that group. No one expected him to be selected in the 1st round, not even him. The others were all expected to be 1st round picks.

The other major difference between Boyd and the guys on your list:

Boyd: 6'1 (listed - more likely 5'11-6'0), 225 Lbs.
Ponder: 6'2, 229 Lbs.
Gabbert: 6'4, 235 Lbs.
Tannehill: 6'4, 222 Lbs.
Manuel: 6'4, 237 Lbs.

Please note the heights of the respective players whom I said would be rated higher than Boyd. Height matters. A lot.

I have heard he is more like 5'10

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
Boyd isn't a perfect prospect, but I really like him. He's got a little combination of Steve McNair and Russel Wilson to his game, in my opinion. I'll be interested to hear reports about his work ethic as the draft approaches. He, like Wilson, is going to have to work hard to make up for his deficiencies. Regardless, I think he's a relatively safe bet to be a first round pick. He's a far better prospect than Christian Ponder, Jake Locker, and Brandon Weeden.

I would love for us to draft Hundley. Upside through the roof. Let him sit behind Romo for a couple of years and learn. Our version of Aaron Rodgers.

The only question mark on Hundley is whether he can read defenses or not. Being a zone read QB, I'm always leery of that. We know that they don't make terribly good pros.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
Boyd isn't a perfect prospect, but I really like him. He's got a little combination of Steve McNair and Russel Wilson to his game, in my opinion. I'll be interested to hear reports about his work ethic as the draft approaches. He, like Wilson, is going to have to work hard to make up for his deficiencies. Regardless, I think he's a relatively safe bet to be a first round pick. He's a far better prospect than Christian Ponder, Jake Locker, and Brandon Weeden.

I would love for us to draft Hundley. Upside through the roof. Let him sit behind Romo for a couple of years and learn. Our version of Aaron Rodgers.

The only question mark on Hundley is whether he can read defenses or not. Being a zone read QB, I'm always leery of that. We know that they don't make terribly good pros.

Don't disagree. If I'm the Raiders or Cardinals or a team who needs him to start right away, I wouldn't take him. But if he's a hard worker, I'd be very confident in him as the future of our franchise a few years from now. If he is allowed to sit and learn, he'll be a stud.

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My WAY too early Mock:

Cut/Trade:
Ratliff
Orton
Waters
Tanner

Reduce Salary:
Austin

Franchise Hatcher

1. Anthony Johnson, DT, LSU
2. David Yankey, G, Stanford
3. Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State
4. Zack Martin, RT, Notre Dame
5. Wayne Lyons, CB, Stanford
6. Aaron Donald, DE/DT, Pittsburgh
7. Cody Riggs, CB/S, Florida

Rough Depth Chart

Dez ----- Witten -- Smith - Leary - FredBeard - Yankey - Free -- Pablo ----- Williams
Austin ----- Smith -- Parnell - Arkin - Costa - Trogdor - Martin -- Hanna ----- Harris
Cole
------------------------------------Romo - Murray
------------------------------------Carr - Randle
------------------------------------Tanney - Dunbar

Ware - Hatcher - Johnson - Crawford
Wilber - Bass - Hayden - Selvie
Donald

Carter - Lee - Holloman
Sims - Albright - Durant

Mo - Wilcox - Church - Carr
Scan - Heath - Johnson - Webb
Lyons-------------------Riggs

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
TVScout

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2014 Draft Board leaked!

http://www.seniorclassaward.com/season/football_2013/

Laughing
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TVScout wrote:
2014 Draft Board leaked!

http://www.seniorclassaward.com/season/football_2013/

Laughing

I don't see nearly enough TEs on there.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Tony7188

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tajh Boyd will be a Top 10 pick next year. As for the Cowboys I think they will definitely draft a DT in the 1st round next year and cut Jay Ratliff. In the 2nd round, I think they need to draft a QB. David Fales would be a great selection, if he's there in the 2nd. The only problem would be is who is going to replace Anthony Spencer at DE?

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
Tony7188

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think about Khalil Mack from UB?

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
Tajh Boyd will be a Top 10 pick next year. As for the Cowboys I think they will definitely draft a DT in the 1st round next year and cut Jay Ratliff. In the 2nd round, I think they need to draft a QB. David Fales would be a great selection, if he's there in the 2nd. The only problem would be is who is going to replace Anthony Spencer at DE?

I really don't think Boyd will be a top 10 pick. There is obviously a long way to go, but I don't think he is any better than Geno Smith

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Felix=Fast!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
What do you guys think about Khalil Mack from UB?
art Briles compared him to Von miller. I've not seen him get to play a lot(except for his int last week) but I'd be cautious to put him in the same category as miller. But that's high praise.

Sean Lee leads the NFL in making David Wilson cry.
romo2bryant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, Why don't we just finish up our offensive line with the first 2 picks next year? Leary looks good, Fredrick looks worthy of that first round pick

Why not get a RT/RG first two picks?

Round 1 - Lewan or Cyrus Kouandjio
Round 2 - Cyril Richardson or David Yankey

With our round two picks it would give us a guy who could play inside or out for us depending on injuries.

Smith-Leary-Fredrick-Richardson-Kouandjio would be a young offensive line and something we wouldn't have to worry about for a long time.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

romo2bryant wrote:
Honestly, Why don't we just finish up our offensive line with the first 2 picks next year? Leary looks good, Fredrick looks worthy of that first round pick

With our round two picks it would give us a guy who could play inside or out for us depending on injuries.

Smith-Leary-Fredrick-Richardson-Kouandjio would be a young offensive line and something we wouldn't have to worry about for a long time.

I wouldn't mind that at all. But I also would like to see us grab some help on the d-line as well. Tons of great DTs that I like. Jernigan, Nix, Johnson, Sutton, Hageman, McCullers, Coleman. And some solid DEs as well. Clowney, Lynch, Tuitt, Jeffcoat, Breslin, Crichton, Murphy, Martin. Good year to need linemen on either side of the ball.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
DreamEater53

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

romo2bryant wrote:

That would be great, but I don't think those guys are going to be available at pick #32 Wink
Felix=Fast!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
romo2bryant wrote:

I wouldn't mind that at all. But I also would like to see us grab some help on the d-line as well. Tons of great DTs that I like. Jernigan, Nix, Johnson, Sutton, Hageman, McCullers, Coleman. And some solid DEs as well. Clowney, Lynch, Tuitt, Jeffcoat, Breslin, Crichton, Murphy, Martin. Good year to need linemen on either side of the ball.
agreed. as of now we are hurting for depth so bad in DL. we just need to sink all of our picks into OL/DL. I thinkJerry will be thinking DL.

Sean Lee leads the NFL in making David Wilson cry.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felix=Fast! wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
romo2bryant wrote:

agreed. as of now we are hurting for depth so bad in DL. we just need to sink all of our picks into OL/DL. I thinkJerry will be thinking DL.

Honestly, I would be very happy with something along the lines of...

1st - Will Sutton, DT - Arizona State
2nd - Xavier Su'a-Filo, OG - UCLA
3rd - James Gayle, DE - Virginia Tech

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 89, 90, 91  Next
Page 10 of 91

Jump to: