Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Draft Prospects Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 89, 90, 91  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHSTE92 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
SHSTE92 wrote:
Get me QB Jameis Winston somehow Cool

He played against Pitt, so let's not go crazy here. Was he brilliant? ABSOLUTELY. But, it was one game. Let's see how he fares throughout the season and for the next year or two before swooning over him.

His composure and field vision for a redshirt freshman was great even if it was "just Pitt". You see the 3rd and 17 on a blitz, getting drilled and throwing a laser on a dime to a WR who didn't have to slow down one step? As an FSU fan he is light years ahead of Ponder and Manuel in reading the field at this stage in his career and they were both first round QBs. Not syaing he is going to be the greatest QB ever, but the hype is warranted.

Like I said, let's not go crazy yet. It's far too early to make any assessment of him one way or the other. We'll know a lot more once he's played 8 or 9 games.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Felix=Fast!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are so many blue chip talents in this upcoming draft, if dallas walked away with one i would be pumped regardless of position but preferably in the line somewhere.

One thing i want to see is these quarterbacks play and se who they will push down the board. Its like that 2-3 QBs could go in the top 5...then where do the WRs, OTs and DL fall.

Sean Lee leads the NFL in making David Wilson cry.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felix=Fast! wrote:
There are so many blue chip talents in this upcoming draft, if dallas walked away with one i would be pumped regardless of position but preferably in the line somewhere.

One thing i want to see is these quarterbacks play and se who they will push down the board. Its like that 2-3 QBs could go in the top 5...then where do the WRs, OTs and DL fall.

At this point in time, Teddy is the only QB that will go top 5, IMO

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Felix=Fast!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Felix=Fast! wrote:

Tajh Boyd and if a guy like Brett Hundley declares I think it definitely possible. If teams are desperate for QB. Teams like the eagles, raiders, jags, jets, cards, kc, browns, bucs all could be in the market for a franchise QB.

Desperado82

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think I'm going to keep an eye on Mettenberger. Looks like being in a pro style offense under Cameron might just be a great fit for him.

^^^mack
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felix=Fast! wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Felix=Fast! wrote:

Tajh Boyd and if a guy like Brett Hundley declares I think it definitely possible. If teams are desperate for QB. Teams like the eagles, raiders, jags, jets, cards, kc, browns, bucs all could be in the market for a franchise QB.

IMO, Boyd should be nowhere near the first round. I loved his heroics against LSU, but he didn't show that all year. Hundley could make a play, but I still think he has a ways to go. Tons of tools. If anyone can do it, its Hundley. Right now, my number two QB is Jeff Mathews out of Cornell. I would have him around the 15-20 area right now.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felix=Fast! wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Felix=Fast! wrote:

Boyd won't be a 1st round pick. Too short, too inconsistent, and his arm is too weak. He may be a 2nd or 3rd rounder, but definitely not a 1st at this point in time. Granted, that may change, but I'd doubt it. If Hundley continues to develop, I can see a team using a 1st rounder on him, though. His size and athleticism alone with make teams swoon.

Northland wrote:
plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Felix=Fast! wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Felix=Fast! wrote:

IMO, Boyd should be nowhere near the first round. I loved his heroics against LSU, but he didn't show that all year. Hundley could make a play, but I still think he has a ways to go. Tons of tools. If anyone can do it, its Hundley. Right now, my number two QB is Jeff Mathews out of Cornell. I would have him around the 15-20 area right now.

Keep an eye on David Fales out of San Jose State. He has some talent as well. I'm not sure if it's 1st round talent, but I wouldn't rule it out.

Northland wrote:
Felix=Fast!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Felix=Fast! wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Felix=Fast! wrote:

Boyd won't be a 1st round pick. Too short, too inconsistent, and his arm is too weak. He may be a 2nd or 3rd rounder, but definitely not a 1st at this point in time. Granted, that may change, but I'd doubt it. If Hundley continues to develop, I can see a team using a 1st rounder on him, though. His size and athleticism alone with make teams swoon.
Im not necesarrily saying they are deserving of a top 5 pick but i am saying the need will force some QBs up the board. Happens every year and the need seems really strong this season for lots of teams.

plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felix=Fast! wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Felix=Fast! wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Felix=Fast! wrote:

Im not necesarrily saying they are deserving of a top 5 pick but i am saying the need will force some QBs up the board. Happens every year and the need seems really strong this season for lots of teams.

I totally agree that teams reach on QBs, but I don't see a team reaching on Boyd. He has too many flaws to ignore with respect to a 1st round QB. Plus, if a team is willing to select a lower ranked guy for the sole sake of filling a need rather than looking to improve the team by selecting the best player, that team will likely always be selecting at the top of the draft each year.

Northland wrote:
CT Cowboy Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Felix=Fast! wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Felix=Fast! wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Felix=Fast! wrote:

I totally agree that teams reach on QBs, but I don't see a team reaching on Boyd. He has too many flaws to ignore with respect to a 1st round QB. Plus, if a team is willing to select a lower ranked guy for the sole sake of filling a need rather than looking to improve the team by selecting the best player, that team will likely always be selecting at the top of the draft each year.

Im not a Boyd supporter at all. But for conversations sake, how would he compare to Ponder, Gabbert, Tannehill or Manuel? All recent QBs who when in the 1st that could be concidered reaches. The way the NFL values QBs its not out of the question for him to go in the 1st.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CT Cowboy Fan wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Felix=Fast! wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Felix=Fast! wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Felix=Fast! wrote:

Im not a Boyd supporter at all. But for conversations sake, how would he compare to Ponder, Gabbert, Tannehill or Manuel? All recent QBs who when in the 1st that could be concidered reaches. The way the NFL values QBs its not out of the question for him to go in the 1st.

Of your list, Ponder is the only player who would be rated below Boyd. He was also the only real head scratcher of that group. No one expected him to be selected in the 1st round, not even him. The others were all expected to be 1st round picks.

The other major difference between Boyd and the guys on your list:

Boyd: 6'1 (listed - more likely 5'11-6'0), 225 Lbs.
Ponder: 6'2, 229 Lbs.
Gabbert: 6'4, 235 Lbs.
Tannehill: 6'4, 222 Lbs.
Manuel: 6'4, 237 Lbs.

Please note the heights of the respective players whom I said would be rated higher than Boyd. Height matters. A lot.

Northland wrote:
CT Cowboy Fan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
CT Cowboy Fan wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Felix=Fast! wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Felix=Fast! wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Felix=Fast! wrote:

Of your list, Ponder is the only player who would be rated below Boyd. He was also the only real head scratcher of that group. No one expected him to be selected in the 1st round, not even him. The others were all expected to be 1st round picks.

The other major difference between Boyd and the guys on your list:

Boyd: 6'1 (listed - more likely 5'11-6'0), 225 Lbs.
Ponder: 6'2, 229 Lbs.
Gabbert: 6'4, 235 Lbs.
Tannehill: 6'4, 222 Lbs.
Manuel: 6'4, 237 Lbs.

Please note the heights of the respective players whom I said would be rated higher than Boyd. Height matters. A lot.

I didnt realize he was that small.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Felix=Fast! wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Felix=Fast! wrote:

Keep an eye on David Fales out of San Jose State. He has some talent as well. I'm not sure if it's 1st round talent, but I wouldn't rule it out.

Trust me, I have been driving the Fales bandwagon since last year. I actually have him 3rd right behind Mathews, but ahead of Hundley. My big concern about Fales is his arm strength. But his tools and improvisational skills remind me of a less turnover prone Romo.

Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boyd isn't a perfect prospect, but I really like him. He's got a little combination of Steve McNair and Russel Wilson to his game, in my opinion. I'll be interested to hear reports about his work ethic as the draft approaches. He, like Wilson, is going to have to work hard to make up for his deficiencies. Regardless, I think he's a relatively safe bet to be a first round pick. He's a far better prospect than Christian Ponder, Jake Locker, and Brandon Weeden.

I would love for us to draft Hundley. Upside through the roof. Let him sit behind Romo for a couple of years and learn. Our version of Aaron Rodgers.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 89, 90, 91  Next
Page 9 of 91

Jump to: