Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Byron Jerideau is... um... REALLY strong

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Byron Jerideau is... um... REALLY strong Reply with quote

http://www.thestate.com/2012/08/06/2387796/mass-and-muscle.html

Quote:
BYRON JERIDEAU FITS the part. At 6-foot-1 and 325 pounds, the South Carolina senior defensive tackle appears to be almost as wide as he is tall. Bulging muscles in his biceps make wearing a sleeved shirt virtually impossible. Those aren’t legs he stands on. Those are tree stumps. At first glance, you get the impression Jerideau has muscles in his eyebrows.

Quote:
He has not really showed off his strength publicly since his days at Colleton County High near Walterboro. That is when he occasionally picked up the front end of a small car — maybe a Toyota or Volkswagen — and rotated it in its parking space just to catch the reaction of the car’s unsuspecting owner later in the day.

Quote:
Jerideau can power clean lift well over 300 pounds. He has bench-pressed 500 pounds and his best squat lift was 670 pounds. His strength index — a number that takes into account three different lifts and uses a coefficient to balance the difference in mass weight of individuals — this past winter was 754.61, according to Connolly.

The number does not mean much to the untrained observer until one considers that the best in the previous four years Connolly has been at USC was a 725 recorded by former linebacker Rodney Paulk. The next highest mark on the current roster was a 690 by junior offensive guard Ronald Patrick. Jerideau’s numbers are all the more impressive because the strength index usually favors athletes with a smaller body type like Paulk, who lifted at 6-foot, 229 pounds.

Quote:
Then he tells of how horsing around sometimes includes toting a few teammates — maybe a Kenny Miles (193 pounds), Chaz Sutton (248 pounds) and Devin Taylor (267 pounds) — together on his back around the USC locker room.

It's... um... kind of scary to imagine what Don Johnson, if he the quality of D-Line coach we all think him to be, can do with someone like this. I realize that strength is only one aspect of the position, but sheesh... Jerideau's got it in spades. Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So he can literally throw Dan Koppen at Manning........ Me like. I think he and Geathers are going to have strong chances to make this roster if they listen to Don Johnson

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=kwh35NCOkM0#t=9s

Not an easy task to drop a man that size.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
Duffman57

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you think i told you to pick this guy up in FFMDII? I literally went on nfl draft scout, looked at some highlights and decided he was good enough hahaha

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This UDFA class, on paper, looks reeeeeeeally strong (and that's just Jerideau's strength).

I can see possible good play from Jerideau, Geathers, Beltre, Moore, Gardner, etc..... its optimistic for sure, but I think for sure we see Geathers and Jerideau with solid play plus potential throw ins who can contribute. Excited to see what they become.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: