Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Should the Packers Look to Bring Back Woodson?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should TT re-sign Charles Woodson?
Yes, MD Jennings and Jerron McMillian can't be trusted as the only options at strong safety
17%
 17%  [ 8 ]
No, Woodson would only take away from the development of McMillian
63%
 63%  [ 29 ]
Yes, but only during pre-season if our current safeties show they can't handle the job
19%
 19%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 46

Author Message
PACKRULE


Joined: 13 Mar 2006
Posts: 1493
Location: saskatoon
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also would bring Woody back on the cheap. He's a better tackler then most remember I'd want him in on run downs and against run first teams. Pass happy teams he can ride the pine. He's a great leader and locker guy. Sure his legs are close to shot but he tackles better then some of our LB's do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blankman0021


Joined: 02 May 2007
Posts: 1906
Location: MKE
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PACKRULE wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
Toga wrote:
NCPackFan wrote:
driftwood wrote:
sigh... you are the only one here who thinks Tramon is slow. what film are you watching?


sigh...this is what I was talking about with the obsession last week

Here are some examples...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnoYVmcnyEM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u60I_H4oUEA

By the way. When he continues his poor play this season. I will include every single clip I can possibly find...

Also, here's a couple articles on him. Word of warning, this will make your blood boil if you're a Slowpoke lover as you clearly are...

http://www.totalpackers.com/2013/01/17/tramon-williams-days-in-green-bay-look-numbered/

http://www.totalpackers.com/2012/12/30/packers-blow-it-in-loss-to-vikings/


So again, until a link is provided that proves otherwise, that's what we see on the field, that's what I'm sticking to...

On a less caustic note. If a player at that position isn't physical, how is he not a liability? I don't think he has the side-to-side agility to play zone which is also why I think he's slow.


Lol is this serious? Against Manningham, he played the ball incorrectly, and he was still hugging hips with him. Against Calvin, he took a bad angle and still almost caught him (nobody ever accused Tramon of being the best tackler in the NFL). And then two links to a garbage site? This is your proof of how slow he is? Terrible...


lol.

First link you use undermines your argument (if it had any credibility in the first place). Tramon made a play on the ball and fell. He got up. And still almost ran down Manningham with only forty yards to do so. You must be trolling.


I don't post much as I'm a firm believer in read more post less, but when someone is so blatantly wrong it blows my mind. TWill has been off since his injury yes but slow really. Did he not return kicks for us at one point in time? Every team picks there slowest DB to return kicks. Does anyone remember him running down a kick returner to a couple years back. Was incredible. I couldn't find the highlight but did find plenty others. Here is just one link that shows some of his punt return speed. Before his injury there wasn't a zone or man DB that had a better break on the ball the Twill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=345yCEeGZgg


Thank you PACKRULE. You are one of the wise ones and said just about what I was thinking. I think it's pretty evident that a guy like Palmy is an NFL Scout...so what that he doesn't spend every waking time on here trying to produce a link to a small-school pro day time. Rolling Eyes He knows more about the game of football and how the front offices work than arguably everybody in the Packers forum. I for one am glad we have such a valuable and willing resource to share his wealth of information. I know we are a better forum for it. I don't think there is any reason to call him out because he cannot or more accurately doesn't care to produce a link to a pro day in 2006. Rolling Eyes

I think we are all in agreement that Tramon is still a very good cover corner in this league. We all hope his shoulder is still healing and he can make a recovery. If you want to dispute that his pay is greater than his performance I won't fight you. If you want to say he hasn't been the same since the injury, again I wouldn't fight you. If you even want to say he is a soft cornerback and isn't physical after the injury, I wouldn't fight you.

I think one thing that he still clearly has is good NFL speed. The clips you showed prove nothing. So what, he got beat on 2 plays. One where he missed the interception and fell down (it happens), and the other was Calvin Johnson (one of the faster most athletic guys in the NFL). Calvin only outran Tramon because he set up a pick too.

(/rant)
_________________


The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blankman0021


Joined: 02 May 2007
Posts: 1906
Location: MKE
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's Hope we see a lot of this in 2013 Cool

And unfortunately we probably won't see much of this...

As for Woodson, I just don't see the roster room. I wouldn't fight the staff if they bring him back. I just don't see the room on the roster. I wouldn't be totally shocked if Richarson beat out MD at safety too. Or they went with Bush there and we kept the rookie at CB.

This is a hard roster to make, and spending 3M on a vet who MIGHT contribute this year without being forced into that action by an injury just doesn't make sense to me. Although if he did come back...then I could wear my #21 jersey proudly again... (and my sig would be cool again...gah)
_________________


The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DavidatMIZZOU


Joined: 09 Apr 2009
Posts: 9234
Location: The ZOU
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. I love me some Charles Woodson. But it is time.
_________________
GO PACK GO!

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NCPackFan


Joined: 12 Jan 2013
Posts: 2071
Location: Kinston, NC
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
Let's Hope we see a lot of this in 2013 Cool


I can understand the other clips that were posted and why you'd think he was agile. However, he hasn't shown any of that in 2 years now.

As for the quoted link, nobody should EVER use that clip as an argument because he had a convoy of blockers. Just about any one of us could've ran that in for a TD after the catch.

Also, Manningham shortened his route to allow Eli to get the ball to him and then hot dogged it most of the way to the endzone so no, Slowpoke didn't chase him down. Against Megatron...please, I'm not even going to entertain that fallible argument.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PackFan4Life


Joined: 05 Dec 2006
Posts: 4092
Location: De Pere, WI
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think once the coaching staff gets a good look at what they have at the S position going into this year, and if they are not happy with how someone looks in camp, and Woodson is still out there, you could possibly see him back. It is a waiting game for Woodson at this point in his career, much like Benson or Grant. Once someone gets hurt or a team is not happy with what they have in camp, his phone will ring. Whether that happens at 1265 or not remains to be seen.

And I think anyone with a football eye for players and prospects will tell you that T-Wills issue going into this season is not his speed. His issue is going to be how physical he can play and whether or not he can still play up to that contract. I have a feeling this may be his last year in Green Bay, but not because of the speed. I think it will be because of the shoulder, his contract, and the pending contract of Shields.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KManX89


Joined: 25 Oct 2012
Posts: 1732
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be open to it, but only if we can re-sign him for a vet minimum so we can still get that 3rd/4th round comp pick for Jennings next year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
spilltray


Joined: 09 Jan 2006
Posts: 10337
Location: Green Bay, WI
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:
I'd be open to it, but only if we can re-sign him for a vet minimum so we can still get that 3rd/4th round comp pick for Jennings next year.


Resigning Woodson wouldn't impact that. 1) he was a Packer last year so it would be considered a resigning anyway, and 2) It only applies to players finishing their contracts, not players that were released.
_________________
Wilfred wrote:
Memory is like the Packers when they are behind by two touchdowns in the 4th quarter... It comes back.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
arodgers12


Joined: 27 Feb 2008
Posts: 431
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to say no to this Woodson has had his time. There is a reason why no other teams have signed him he needs to give it up.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Packerraymond


Moderator
Joined: 31 Mar 2005
Posts: 14153
Location: UW Oshkosh
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the ideas of Sensabough and Rhodes as well, but Woodson knows the system and the players already, and if anything those two are on their last legs as well.

I wouldn't guarantee anyone a sport, but I don't see MD Jennings as competition for anything other than a final roster spot. If he played WR, RB, ILB, OLB, CB, OL or DL a player of his caliber would be cut, but we have no safeties so he makes the team. I'm not comfortable just handing a starting spot to Jerron yet, as I said earlier, we trusted Barbre with that and look what happened.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group