Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Should the Packers Look to Bring Back Woodson?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should TT re-sign Charles Woodson?
Yes, MD Jennings and Jerron McMillian can't be trusted as the only options at strong safety
17%
 17%  [ 8 ]
No, Woodson would only take away from the development of McMillian
63%
 63%  [ 29 ]
Yes, but only during pre-season if our current safeties show they can't handle the job
19%
 19%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 46

Author Message
ajdodge09


Joined: 01 Mar 2008
Posts: 4622
Location: Monterey Bay
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts about Woodson can be summed up with a solid and confident "meh".
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Toga


Joined: 19 Feb 2013
Posts: 35
Location: Superior, Wi
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
driftwood wrote:
sigh... you are the only one here who thinks Tramon is slow. what film are you watching?


sigh...this is what I was talking about with the obsession last week

Here are some examples...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnoYVmcnyEM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u60I_H4oUEA

By the way. When he continues his poor play this season. I will include every single clip I can possibly find...

Also, here's a couple articles on him. Word of warning, this will make your blood boil if you're a Slowpoke lover as you clearly are...

http://www.totalpackers.com/2013/01/17/tramon-williams-days-in-green-bay-look-numbered/

http://www.totalpackers.com/2012/12/30/packers-blow-it-in-loss-to-vikings/


So again, until a link is provided that proves otherwise, that's what we see on the field, that's what I'm sticking to...

On a less caustic note. If a player at that position isn't physical, how is he not a liability? I don't think he has the side-to-side agility to play zone which is also why I think he's slow.


Lol is this serious? Against Manningham, he played the ball incorrectly, and he was still hugging hips with him. Against Calvin, he took a bad angle and still almost caught him (nobody ever accused Tramon of being the best tackler in the NFL). And then two links to a garbage site? This is your proof of how slow he is? Terrible...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CentralFC


Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Posts: 4160
Location: Evanston, IL
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
I couldn't. I saw him play last season. I'd rather play a younger liability and hope it learns from it's mistakes than rely on one that will only get worse with time.


A la Peprah in 2011. Let's not make the same mistake again.
_________________
Simian07:
Quote:
I'd argue Jordy is probably around the 30th-40th best receiver in the NFL, maybe 50th.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CentralFC


Joined: 03 Feb 2011
Posts: 4160
Location: Evanston, IL
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toga wrote:
NCPackFan wrote:
driftwood wrote:
sigh... you are the only one here who thinks Tramon is slow. what film are you watching?


sigh...this is what I was talking about with the obsession last week

Here are some examples...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnoYVmcnyEM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u60I_H4oUEA

By the way. When he continues his poor play this season. I will include every single clip I can possibly find...

Also, here's a couple articles on him. Word of warning, this will make your blood boil if you're a Slowpoke lover as you clearly are...

http://www.totalpackers.com/2013/01/17/tramon-williams-days-in-green-bay-look-numbered/

http://www.totalpackers.com/2012/12/30/packers-blow-it-in-loss-to-vikings/


So again, until a link is provided that proves otherwise, that's what we see on the field, that's what I'm sticking to...

On a less caustic note. If a player at that position isn't physical, how is he not a liability? I don't think he has the side-to-side agility to play zone which is also why I think he's slow.


Lol is this serious? Against Manningham, he played the ball incorrectly, and he was still hugging hips with him. Against Calvin, he took a bad angle and still almost caught him (nobody ever accused Tramon of being the best tackler in the NFL). And then two links to a garbage site? This is your proof of how slow he is? Terrible...


lol.

First link you use undermines your argument (if it had any credibility in the first place). Tramon made a play on the ball and fell. He got up. And still almost ran down Manningham with only forty yards to do so. You must be trolling.
_________________
Simian07:
Quote:
I'd argue Jordy is probably around the 30th-40th best receiver in the NFL, maybe 50th.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HyponGrey


Joined: 23 Jun 2012
Posts: 3730
Location: Down the road from NFL Films
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreatZepp wrote:
Why is every topic about the secondary hijacked into a Tramon Williams thread? Really frickin' sick of hearing this same crap every single time I open a **** thread!
Because these:

_________________
justo wrote:
Bostick drove a guy 12 yards and finished off with a pancake and I'm not sure where my pants went.


Last edited by HyponGrey on Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chucknorris101


Joined: 20 Sep 2010
Posts: 2998
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NC just hates Tramon for whatever reason.

'What have you done for me lately'. Sure his shoulder has hurt his game, but he's still top flight. I think that the press overblows lots of things coaches say - 'Not guaranteed' a starting spot just means the coaches arent going into camp with an agenda but they have an idea where everyone will land. Sure he cant tackle as well but he's still damn fine in coverage. Most of his 'miscues' are trying to compensate for the safeties missing their coverage. His INTs have gone down because he's targeted less. Not having Woodson opposite you anymore will do that.

1/2 the league would kill to have Tramon Williams on their roster. Here we are saying hes not good enough. PFFT.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IrishGreen


Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 36412
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tramon williams is pretty awful tbh. he should probably be the 4th corner this year. pretty bad considering his salary.
_________________

El Ramster on the amazing work
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
packfan4


Joined: 22 Mar 2007
Posts: 10821
Location: South Jersey
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, but I would love Kerry Rhodes or Quintin Mikell
on a short term deal to push McMillian.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ketchup


Joined: 13 May 2009
Posts: 13890
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

packfan4 wrote:
No, but I would love Kerry Rhodes or Quintin Mikell
on a short term deal to push McMillian.
Same. Want nothing to do with Woodson at S. He's done IMO. Sucks but it happens.
_________________

Kempes on the custom sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
wgbeethree


Joined: 15 Dec 2009
Posts: 3008
Location: Denver, CO via Racine, Wisconsin
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELoL no!

Some astute poster was actually calling for him to be cut last year and was mocked merciously for it. In hindsight he was 100% correct and we wasted $10m that would be really nice to have going forward just like he said would happen. Luckily that person isn't the type of person to say "I told you so." or we'd likely see something in here bragging about how he was right and SO much smarter than you (and probably handsomer too). But like I said, he's not that type of guy. Wink
_________________

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
incognito_man


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 31117
Location: Madison
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my vote is no.

Unlike slowposter's claims, in this case, Woodson actually HAS lost his legs and isn't very effective anymore in coverage.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McThreadski


Joined: 11 Mar 2013
Posts: 202
Location: On the Gold
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't bring him back as a player, but I think he would be a great front office type guy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jr911


Joined: 07 Dec 2006
Posts: 661
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McThreadski wrote:
I wouldn't bring him back as a player, but I think he would be a great front office type guy.


Just because you are a great, hall-of-fame player doesn't mean a thing when it comes to being a good front office guy...the two have nothing in common. (ala Michael Jordan)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McThreadski


Joined: 11 Mar 2013
Posts: 202
Location: On the Gold
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jr911 wrote:
McThreadski wrote:
I wouldn't bring him back as a player, but I think he would be a great front office type guy.


Just because you are a great, hall-of-fame player doesn't mean a thing when it comes to being a good front office guy...the two have nothing in common. (ala Michael Jordan)


That can be true, but in Woodson's case he's also a shrewd businessman. I am not saying he should be the GM, but guys with his intelligence, business savvy and knowledge of the game could make him an excellent fit in the right position. That's assuming he wants to do that, which I have no way of knowing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PACKRULE


Joined: 13 Mar 2006
Posts: 1534
Location: saskatoon
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
Toga wrote:
NCPackFan wrote:
driftwood wrote:
sigh... you are the only one here who thinks Tramon is slow. what film are you watching?


sigh...this is what I was talking about with the obsession last week

Here are some examples...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnoYVmcnyEM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u60I_H4oUEA

By the way. When he continues his poor play this season. I will include every single clip I can possibly find...

Also, here's a couple articles on him. Word of warning, this will make your blood boil if you're a Slowpoke lover as you clearly are...

http://www.totalpackers.com/2013/01/17/tramon-williams-days-in-green-bay-look-numbered/

http://www.totalpackers.com/2012/12/30/packers-blow-it-in-loss-to-vikings/


So again, until a link is provided that proves otherwise, that's what we see on the field, that's what I'm sticking to...

On a less caustic note. If a player at that position isn't physical, how is he not a liability? I don't think he has the side-to-side agility to play zone which is also why I think he's slow.


Lol is this serious? Against Manningham, he played the ball incorrectly, and he was still hugging hips with him. Against Calvin, he took a bad angle and still almost caught him (nobody ever accused Tramon of being the best tackler in the NFL). And then two links to a garbage site? This is your proof of how slow he is? Terrible...


lol.

First link you use undermines your argument (if it had any credibility in the first place). Tramon made a play on the ball and fell. He got up. And still almost ran down Manningham with only forty yards to do so. You must be trolling.


I don't post much as I'm a firm believer in read more post less, but when someone is so blatantly wrong it blows my mind. TWill has been off since his injury yes but slow really. Did he not return kicks for us at one point in time? Every team picks there slowest DB to return kicks. Does anyone remember him running down a kick returner to a couple years back. Was incredible. I couldn't find the highlight but did find plenty others. Here is just one link that shows some of his punt return speed. Before his injury there wasn't a zone or man DB that had a better break on the ball the Twill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=345yCEeGZgg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group