Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Should the Packers Look to Bring Back Woodson?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should TT re-sign Charles Woodson?
Yes, MD Jennings and Jerron McMillian can't be trusted as the only options at strong safety
17%
 17%  [ 8 ]
No, Woodson would only take away from the development of McMillian
63%
 63%  [ 29 ]
Yes, but only during pre-season if our current safeties show they can't handle the job
19%
 19%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 46

HyponGrey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
NCPackFan wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
I couldn't. I saw him play last season. I'd rather play a younger liability and hope it learns from it's mistakes than rely on one that will only get worse with time.

That's how I feel about Slowpoke...

That said, Woodson's been banged up every season and when he comes back, he just isn't the same. He really should just retire and be done with it. Game over dude...

sigh... you are the only one here who thinks Tramon is slow. what film are you watching?
Tray wasn't a liability. He just wasn't physical. There's a difference. Some people are just too set in their arbitrary opinions.
squire12

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Now that we know that Aaron's new deal still leaves us with over 10 million in cap space, would you call up Charles Woodson and offer him and incentive laden one year deal?

We may be 10 million over the cap now and for this year, but my guess is that the more they can roll over from this year to next lessens the increased cap hit next year.

Woodson would be someone I would bring back if an injury happens that you need someone that could come in and already know the system. Move on to the younger players.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

driftwood wrote:
sigh... you are the only one here who thinks Tramon is slow. what film are you watching?

sigh...this is what I was talking about with the obsession last week

Here are some examples...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnoYVmcnyEM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u60I_H4oUEA

By the way. When he continues his poor play this season. I will include every single clip I can possibly find...

Also, here's a couple articles on him. Word of warning, this will make your blood boil if you're a Slowpoke lover as you clearly are...

http://www.totalpackers.com/2013/01/17/tramon-williams-days-in-green-bay-look-numbered/

http://www.totalpackers.com/2012/12/30/packers-blow-it-in-loss-to-vikings/

So again, until a link is provided that proves otherwise, that's what we see on the field, that's what I'm sticking to...

On a less caustic note. If a player at that position isn't physical, how is he not a liability? I don't think he has the side-to-side agility to play zone which is also why I think he's slow.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nfldraftguru1 wrote:
He just can't cover anymore.

You absolutely don't want him in center field, and the defense is somewhat predicated on the safeties being interchangeable so even having him on the field is somewhat of a schematic disadvantage.

He's basically a small linebacker now.
Kal-El

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. He's on the decline, fast, at this point in his career and would just be taking away valuable reps from the youngsters that need them.

Of course it's a risk, they might not pan out or this and that, but at some point you need to have faith in who you've drafted to play.

Pro-Johnny Footbawl.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kal-El wrote:
No. He's on the decline, fast, at this point in his career and would just be taking away valuable reps from the youngsters that need them.

Of course it's a risk, they might not pan out or this and that, but at some point you need to have faith in who you've drafted to play.

...and that's what drafting-n-developing is all about. Dancing
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCPackFan wrote:
driftwood wrote:

sigh...this is what I was talking about with the obsession last week

Here are some examples...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnoYVmcnyEM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u60I_H4oUEA

By the way. When he continues his poor play this season. I will include every single clip I can possibly find...

Also, here's a couple articles on him. Word of warning, this will make your blood boil if you're a Slowpoke lover as you clearly are...

http://www.totalpackers.com/2013/01/17/tramon-williams-days-in-green-bay-look-numbered/

http://www.totalpackers.com/2012/12/30/packers-blow-it-in-loss-to-vikings/

So again, until a link is provided that proves otherwise, that's what we see on the field, that's what I'm sticking to...

On a less caustic note. If a player at that position isn't physical, how is he not a liability? I don't think he has the side-to-side agility to play zone which is also why I think he's slow.
From horse's mouth to horse's [Harrelz!!!] and he wants a link. Fine, here's a link to the perspective of an actual NFL scout and here's a blast from the past for good measure: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=188763&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

If you read earlier in the thread you'll find that nextlevel was there That's about the best you'll get because I seriously doubt you'll get a link to team records. Which by the way, were checked: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=519967&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=88

Never will I ever address that subject again.

Last edited by HyponGrey on Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't. Guys like Jennings, McMillian have ^ arrows and potential left. They can actually grow to become better players. Woodson is done and his peak was 2010 IMO. He just doesn't have it anymore.

God, family, and the Green Bay Packers; in that order.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do agree with ray that Jennings needs to be replaced.
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
From horse's mouth to horse's [Harrelz!!!] and he wants a link. Fine, here's a link to the perspective of an actual NFL scout and here's a blast from the past for good measure: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=188763&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

If you read earlier in the thread you'll find that nextlevel was there. That's about the best you'll get because I seriously doubt you'll get a link to team records. Which by the way, were checked: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=519967&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=88

Never will I ever address that subject again.

Way to cover your butt with that last statement...

Fact is that you gave me a link to a thread here, not an official website. Shocked

HARRELZ!!!!

Here's a good shoe-on-the-other-foot situation in comparison to what you're giving me and also, not to put down Palmy, because I generally agree with what he has to say. However, I can sit here and say that I hang out with a guy who edits film for Sony including music videos, I also dated a former Miss Alabama, worked in NYC, and I have insider information on what both political parties do because of the connections I made over the years.

Without giving out personal information, I can't back any of this up. However, with a 40 time, you can certainly find a reputable link, especially on someone like Slowpoke, that confirms or denies that he runs a 40 faster than a 4.56 which is very slow for a CB...this was also stated in one of the links to the forum you sent me...FAIL!

Ergo, since none of you can do this simple task and would rather rely on a homer view of a player, I have to call BS. C'mon, just accept the fact he's slow, accept the evidence I gave you, and be done with it. Y'all sound like ignorant politicians trying to make your point without links and game footage. I've sent you both...
G Harmon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tramon isnt slow... the clips you posted didnt even help your case. I agree he had a bad year but i would love to show me a clip of any cb running down a Wr after he fell down with no one else helping.(Manningham) . The Calvin Johnson clip his own teammates were missing and had way better angles yet Tramon is slow? His own teammates cut him off if anything.

G.Harmon MLB #9
...Stop, You're Looking At Brilliance. G.G.T.G
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, so the best WR in the league made a good CB look silly? Shocked

CUT HIM.

God, family, and the Green Bay Packers; in that order.
Dubyajay

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. We already cut him a year too late.

Time to let go Ray. Others will step up in a 'Leadership' role.
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is every topic about the secondary hijacked into a Tramon Williams thread? Really frickin' sick of hearing this same crap every single time I open a **** thread!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want Jennings starting, too many times he looked at Burnett and they talked where they were supposed to be on a big play, to be fair this might have been in Burnett as well. Go with McMillian, and Burnett for the starting spots, and Richardson, Richardson was a heckuva teams guy always around the play on kickoffs. Final guy, still waiting to see what they do with Hyde maybe him or the UDFA guy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: