Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rookies select numbers.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cHaInBrEaKeRiii

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Rookies select numbers. Reply with quote

http://bit.ly/17ty1LP

S Eric Reid - 35 (temporary)
DE Tank Carradine - 95
TE Vance McDonald - 89
LB Corey Lemonier - 96
WR Quinton Patton - 11
RB Marcus Lattimore - 38
DT Quinton Dial - 71
LB Nick Moody - 54
QB B.J. Daniels - 5
T Carter Bykowski - 71
CB Marcus Cooper - 33

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patton is going to look dope in #11, Lattimore going with 38 is different so I like it. Why is Reid's temporary what number is he trying to get?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

48 1/2ers wrote:
Patton is going to look dope in #11, Lattimore going with 38 is different so I like it. Why is Reid's temporary what number is he trying to get?

He'll prob get a better number once the final cuts happen. Always happens like that.
jyod21

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sherm wrote:
48 1/2ers wrote:

He'll prob get a better number once the final cuts happen. Always happens like that.

I hope so. I was planning on getting his jersey as my 2014 jersey, but I don't know if I can pull off 38. That number just doesn't feel right.
NcFinest9erFan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers rookie RB Marcus Lattimore (ACL, PCL, LCL surgery) resumed running sprints two weeks ago and has been doing jumping drills.
He'll resume agility work in "a few weeks" and has experienced "no setbacks." Lattimore anticipates being able to put on pads "in three to four months." NFL training camp begins in three months. "Whatever is best for my career or future, I'm good with it," Lattimore said. "The 49ers and the coaches there, we'll come to a conclusion of what we should do. I'm just so fired up, I'm excited about everything and just ready to work hard."

roto
NinerNation21

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:
49ers rookie RB Marcus Lattimore (ACL, PCL, LCL surgery) resumed running sprints two weeks ago and has been doing jumping drills.
He'll resume agility work in "a few weeks" and has experienced "no setbacks." Lattimore anticipates being able to put on pads "in three to four months." NFL training camp begins in three months. "Whatever is best for my career or future, I'm good with it," Lattimore said. "The 49ers and the coaches there, we'll come to a conclusion of what we should do. I'm just so fired up, I'm excited about everything and just ready to work hard."

roto

It would be really cool if he could have atleast one carry in the regular season before the end of the season. I think if he got a carry or two in one of the final home games the crowd will go nuts.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NcFinest9erFan wrote:

roto

I would like to put him on PUP instead of IR. Then around week 6-8 re-evaluate. If we suffer an injury at RB than we can slide in Lattimore (if he's ready). If not than we can shut him down for the whole year.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there is much of a chance he gets a carry in preseason or even the regular season this year. The coaching staff is going to be extra careful with him and give Lattimore an opportunity to win a spot in 2014. This was one of the luxury picks with low risk, high reward.

Charlie Casserly said he reminds him of Frank Gore, and that it is not even with their similarities battling injuries. Casserly stated Lattimore actually has more playing speed than Gore, and is the same one cut down hill runner.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:

roto

I would like to put him on PUP instead of IR. Then around week 6-8 re-evaluate. If we suffer an injury at RB than we can slide in Lattimore (if he's ready). If not than we can shut him down for the whole year.

I like this idea the best. James, Hunter, and Gore all have a history of injuries so I think it'd be wise to keep Lattimore as an option, especially if he's as far along as advertised.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I think Lattimore should wear #34. Thats a mean number for a RB IMO.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."-Benjamin Franklin
Psychlone

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:

Legacy...
Quote:
Eric Branch Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch

Marcus Latttimore (No. 21 in college) selected No. 38. Same digits as legendary South Carolina RB George Rogers.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gore Whore 21 wrote:

That is a mean number for a RB. Joe Perry wore it. And that's why it's retired and won't be given out again.

Frank Gore Career Rushing List Tracker:

*Currently Ranked 21st All-Time
*Yards needed to pass #20, Warrick Dunn: 317
*Yards needed to enter Top 15: 1045
blast

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing Jewel Hampton is basically done with the team now?
Gore Whore 21

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y2lamanaki wrote:
Gore Whore 21 wrote:

That is a mean number for a RB. Joe Perry wore it. And that's why it's retired and won't be given out again.

I guess I knew Perry wore it, but I didn't realize that it was retired. 38 just seems odd to me, but oh well I'm sure we'll get used to it.

niner4ever

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
NcFinest9erFan wrote:

roto

New rule instated last year one player per team can come off IR. question is would they want to use that on him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: