Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How this OL will shake out? - Predict our OL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
palmy50

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ayt wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:
I just can't imagine Rodgers with a run game. That man is gonna be even deadlier when you've got to check the PA fake!
All this talk of run blocking has me worried about the pass pro...

Nothing helps in pass pro more than a good run game my friend!

Was thinking the same thing. Many of AR's "struggles" have come because of how the defense can play against us due to our lack of a running threat.

Will keep teams out of that deep shell safety split as well.........

I have always felt that the number of runs means far more than what you do with them. All that has been done here with the line and the RB picks might force Mac to run the ball if nothing else. Anything but a bad thing in my eyes!

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pretty much like our line the way it's set up now. I say give EDS a chance at C.

Don't know why people are saying Sherrod is getting jipped with the new changes.. He hasn't been set in stone at a LT from day one since he was drafted. Hell he could still backup Bulaga for all we know. I think he'll benefit being at RT, as will Newhouse.

That's how you develop Tackles. Put them on the weakside of the line for pass blocking. Then when he improves slide him over if the other guy isn't doing a good job at LT, or we have no starting caliber LT to fill the spot.

We pretty much all know the problem with the line. They can't run block well.. If you can't run the ball you defiantly can't pass the ball unless you can block for Arod. Hopefully Mike McCarthy can put the best talent on the field that will help us run the ball better this season.. Lacy and Franklin should defiantly bring out first 100 yard rusher in 3 years!
palmy50

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gopackgonerd wrote:
I pretty much like our line the way it's set up now. I say give EDS a chance at C.

Don't know why people are saying Sherrod is getting jipped with the new changes.. He hasn't been set in stone at a LT from day one since he was drafted. Hell he could still backup Bulaga for all we know. I think he'll benefit being at RT, as will Newhouse.

That's how you develop Tackles. Put them on the weakside of the line for pass blocking. Then when he improves slide him over if the other guy isn't doing a good job at LT, or we have no starting caliber LT to fill the spot.

We pretty much all know the problem with the line. They can't run block well.. If you can't run the ball you defiantly can't pass the ball unless you can block for Arod. Hopefully Mike McCarthy can put the best talent on the field that will help us run the ball better this season.. Lacy and Franklin should defiantly bring out first 100 yard rusher in 3 years!

I for one don't feel Sherrod is getting "jipped" or the staff is doing him wrong in any way. Just feel bad for the kid, that's all. Clearly I can see why this staff did what they did.

It's the NFL though, they don't owe you anything!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: