Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WR Depth?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dawgsfan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: WR Depth? Reply with quote

Wondering how it looks (i know its early) for King to make your squad. I thought he got better EVERY year at UGA. I'm hoping he does good things in denver. Hope you liked the pick!
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Re: WR Depth? Reply with quote

dawgsfan wrote:
Wondering how it looks (i know its early) for King to make your squad. I thought he got better EVERY year at UGA. I'm hoping he does good things in denver. Hope you liked the pick!

I think he makes the roster.

Welker, Thomas, Decker are all locks. There will be two or three spots (could technically be three but Trindon Holliday will get one of them), but King has as good a chance as many to take one.

If you could give us some info on him, that'd be awesome. If he's a downfield threat, I think his odds of making the team increase.

Thanks, Tzimisce
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What people dont realize is that hes more than a deep-threat. At times at Georgia, he was considered the security blanket receiver. I love the way he can recognize and sit into zone coverages. Obviously he has speed that will help him play on ST's immediately. He might turn out to be a better player than most expect.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: WR Depth? Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
dawgsfan wrote:

Welker, Thomas, Decker are all locks. There will be two or three spots (could technically be three but Trindon Holliday will get one of them), but King has as good a chance as many to take one.

If you could give us some info on him, that'd be awesome. If he's a downfield threat, I think his odds of making the team increase.

King avg'ed over 23 ypc his senior year. He is a beast going deep. I am not sure what he ran at the combine but he i at least a 4.5 guy speed wise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjcWL-b3Fss

what i like about this highlight package is it is almost all vs bowl teams/UF/LSU etc. he made big plays in the biggest games. In some clips he is wearing #15 instead of #12 (15 is marlon brown who tore his ACL so King honored him wearing his jersey)

He is not going to outphysical people but he is shifty enough to not get jammed at the line, also he WILL get airborne and make a play.

If i had to find a knock on him i would say he has what i call 'floppy feet' so i think he will have some issues toe tapping on the sideline as a rookie..but he got WAY better at this every year at UGA and you can see some sideline catches in that highlight.

King also improved going over the middle, but this isn't his strongest suit..he will cut a seam route and breaks on the ball well.

I think Manning makes everyone look good so i won't be surprised if King makes a bunch of the plays that Stokley used to make in Indy for you guys.
denverbroncos23

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: WR Depth? Reply with quote

dawgsfan wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
dawgsfan wrote:

King avg'ed over 23 ypc his senior year. He is a beast going deep. I am not
sure what he ran at the combine but he i at least a 4.5 guy speed wise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjcWL-b3Fss

what i like about this highlight package is it is almost all vs bowl teams/UF/LSU etc. he made big plays in the biggest games. In some clips he is wearing #15 instead of #12 (15 is marlon brown who tore his ACL so King honored him wearing his jersey)

He is not going to outphysical people but he is shifty enough to not get jammed at the line, also he WILL get airborne and make a play.

If i had to find a knock on him i would say he has what i call 'floppy feet' so i think he will have some issues toe tapping on the sideline as a rookie..but he got WAY better at this every year at UGA and you can see some sideline catches in that highlight.

King also improved going over the middle, but this isn't his strongest suit..
he will cut a seam route and breaks on the ball well.

I think Manning makes everyone look good so i won't be surprised if King makes a bunch of the plays that Stokley used to make in Indy for you guys.

Yeah dawgsfan he actually ran a 4.4 which surprised me I saw the bulldogs play a lot this past year and didn't realize he's as fast as he is

^Jamison^
Broncos, Michigan Athletics, Bulls, Blackhawks, Cubs.. Sad
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tavarres King is a way better WR than Larry King. But, one could argue that Larry King's wife is prettier than Tavarres King's girlfriend.
paul-mac

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this kid in 4 receiver sets because he's going to get next to no attention. Maybe he could be a Mike Wallace rookie type guy where we only throw to him 5 times a game but 2 of them go for 60 yard touchdowns.
mke1010

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Help me out if I am missing someone. In no particular order, these are our recievers:

1.Thomas
2. Decker
3.Welker
4. Holiday
5. Caldwell
6. King
7. Orton
8. Robinson
9. Lamar Thomas (rookie free agent)

If we carry only 5 recievers you'd have to think Caldwell. King, Orton and Robinson are fighting for 1 slot. If we carry 6 recievers then 2 make it.
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
Help me out if I am missing someone. In no particular order, these are our recievers:

1.Thomas
2. Decker
3.Welker
4. Holiday
5. Caldwell
6. King
7. Orton
8. Robinson

If we carry only 5 recievers you'd have to think Caldwell. King, Orton and Robinson are fighting for 1 slot. If we carry 6 recievers then 2 make it.

I think we either keep 6 WR (with Holliday being one) and 4 RB, or 5 WR and 5 RB with Holliday being listed there.

Thanks, Tzimisce
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get rid of Caldwell and sign Conner Vernon or Brandon Stokley. Bubba has done nothing so far and I am sure this won't change.

EDIT: Nevermind. Vernon's a Raider.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I see from King is that he doesn't need to be open to catch the ball. He'll fight in traffic, he's got no problem with hand-checking, and he looks pretty fearless in the seam. This could be a sneaky good pick for Elway.
elliot878

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan_101 wrote:
What I see from King is that he doesn't need to be open to catch the ball. He'll fight in traffic, he's got no problem with hand-checking, and he looks pretty fearless in the seam. This could be a sneaky good pick for Elway.

The more I read the more I like. In addition to your comments 101, as well as dawgsfans's I keep hearing good things. I want to add that in addition to being a very good deep threat, King's catch radius is pretty big. Not due to his height, which is average, but he's got lineman arms (i believe 34"). In addition to what I've learned in this thread, rotoworld's writers think he can be a low end #1 receiver, or high end #2 should he reach his potential. Good size and speed, big catch radius, and a knack for gaining separation. This is one pick I've become more intrigued by as each day passes. Really hope he reaches his potential, and pans out, could be a real asset. I LOVE the upside Elway drafted day 3!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:

1.Thomas
2. Decker
3.Welker
4. Holiday
5. Caldwell
6. King
7. Orton
8. Robinson

I think Caldwell gets cut and I'm hoping Orton takes that spot. But I think King will be our poor mans "for now" AJ Green.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.MileHigh wrote:
mke1010 wrote:

1.Thomas
2. Decker
3.Welker
4. Holiday
5. Caldwell
6. King
7. Orton
8. Robinson

I think Caldwell gets cut and I'm hoping Orton takes that spot. But I think King will be our poor mans "for now" AJ Green.

while he's not even a VERY poor man's AJ Green...but he IS a much much better version of Muhammed Massaquoi who's been starting in cleveland for the past 4 seasons as their number 2/3 WR. And he is going to make your number 1 WR better b/c you can't get away with covering King 1 on 1 for an entire game.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
Get rid of Caldwell and sign Conner Vernon or Brandon Stokley. Bubba has done nothing so far and I am sure this won't change.

EDIT: Nevermind. Vernon's a Raider.

Vernon signed with the Raiders.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: