Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings 2014 NFL Draft Database
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Gnat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AQuintus wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
[Snipped]

2(36): Christian Jones - ILB - Florida State
Spielman seems to love his Florida State guys; the good news is that this one is a heck of a player. The defense employed by Smith and Marinelli, along with a good pass rush, demands an athletic play-maker in the middle and Jones may be able to provide that. He's certainly an athletic specimen as he's lined up over slot receivers, including Sammy Watkins, in college.

[snipped]

Overall, I really like this draft. As long as the team can get a good free agent CB, I'd call this a successful off season.

The only thing I would change is that I'd use Jones at the Sam, allowing Mauti (or maybe Cole) to play the Mike, and Greenway to restructure his contract and move to the two down Will spot.

It isn't extremely likely the Vikings would have Greenway restructure, he got a nice contract extension, but the cap number for next year is 6.8 mil, I believe, and 7 mil the year after. His number is not large at all.

vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd probably cut Greenway at this point. Having an extra six million could add an extra starter or two that is four years younger. But I don't see this happening, Greenway is one of the local guys who will probably be given the benefit of the doubt based on name.

Maybe Erin can play slb while Cole or Mauti takes over at two down wlb
Nzd07

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nzd07 wrote:
Quick mock before I fall asleep:

Clowney
Christian Jones
Derek Carr

rpmwr19 wrote:

1(3): Jadeveon Clowney - DE - South Carolina

2(62): Derek Carr - QB - Fresno State

Great minds Cool

Gurley to MN
Eric dunn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nzd07 wrote:
Nzd07 wrote:

Clowney
Christian Jones
Derek Carr

rpmwr19 wrote:

Great minds Cool

ya not to mention the mock i made last week.

#TEDDYTHEVIKING
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
It isn't extremely likely the Vikings would have Greenway restructure, he got a nice contract extension, but the cap number for next year is 6.8 mil, I believe, and 7 mil the year after. His number is not large at all.

His cap number is over $8M for each year. $8.2 in 2014 and $8.8 in 2015.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
The Gnat wrote:

Yup, you are correct, they didn't have the signing bonus split out correctly on rotoworld.

jshowers

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nzd07 wrote:
Nzd07 wrote:

Clowney
Christian Jones
Derek Carr

rpmwr19 wrote:

Great minds Cool

I'm down on Christian Jones and Derek Carr. I don't particularly want to see them in purple next year, especially in the first 3 rounds.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
The Gnat wrote:

Yup, you are correct, they didn't have the signing bonus split out correctly on rotoworld.

I've found that root world only displays the base salary.
The Gnat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
The Gnat wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:
The Gnat wrote:

I've found that root world only displays the base salary.

Yeah, I feel like I've seen them say about the signing bonus if it is prorated, but they don't put the it with the rest of the contract.

rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RPM's Small School Sleeper Profile - I
Billy Turner [OT] North Dakota State

2013 Games Viewed
vs. Kansas State

Turner is a graduate of Mounds View High School in Minnesota and has been a fixture on the Bison offensive line since coming in as a true freshmen. He's started 41 out of the 42 games he's played in his career and has racked up an impressive amount of post-season awards. He's got NFL bloodlines as his father played in the NFL for five seasons, and his brother, Bryan Kehl, is completing his sixth season in the league.

He has prototypical size for the position, coming in at just under 6'5 and registering 310 pounds on the scale. He's got a wealth of athletic ability and a good amount of functional strength. As a key part of the Bison's upset of Kansas State to begin the year, Turner didn't allow a single pressure in pass protection, and only allowed himself to be pushed off balance on a single counter move as he typically does a good job mirroring his assignment. On the Bison's final drive, with under four minutes on the clock, Turner held off two on coming defenders, with one arm each, just long enough for a key 3rd and 7 to be completed. He does a good job on down blocks in the running game and consistently looks to get further downfield once his assignment has been knocked out of the play. He has the ability to play the left side in the NFL, but might be better suited on the right side, and can definitely find a niche as a swing lineman early in his career.

To me, Turner has the talent to come off the board late in day two/early day three, but I think he comes off the board somewhere in rounds five or six. I think he would be an excellent pick for the Vikings as I believe the days of massive, overpowering, right tackle only prospects are numbered which would make Phil Loadholt expendable.
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually good friends with Turner. A guy I'm surprised didn't get a Minnesota offer. Trying to not scout through rose-colored glasses, he is one of the biggest guys I've ever come across. Probably suited for the right side as he often gets lazy in his technique and struggles with speed rushers. Fairly strong for his size but could definitely be stronger. Not the road grader you would expect from his size, but he is a strong pass protector. Should benefit from and NFL strength program. Overall, he is a pretty solid prospect with starting potential.

Todd Gurley to Minnesota!

Last edited by Lil Uno on Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting that you say he's not the best athlete, that doesn't really show through when watching him.

Very cool that you're good friend though!
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Interesting that you say he's not the best athlete, that doesn't really show through when watching him.

Very cool that you're good friend though!

Poor choice of words. He is a good athlete, but he struggles against other great athletes. Didn't have a good showing against Northern Iowa early this year but I think that's more of a technique issue. A very coachable guy so I don't have too much problem with it.

North Dakota State is my alma mater and I intern as a graduate assistant in the recruiting office.

Todd Gurley to Minnesota!
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He does seem like a very coachable, and high effort player. He's almost always seems to be the furthest lineman down the field on running plays. There were multiple instances vs Kansas State where he would knock a guy down at the line and find one or two other guys down the field to block.

He does a good job of screening in the run game too. He gets himself in a position between the defender and the ball carrier. That way, even when he doesn't get the best block, the defender still has to get around his large frame.

He's got a good kick slide from what I've seen, as there wasn't a single Kansas State defender that beat him around the edge. He did a good job of staying balanced in the game as there were a few defenders who ran up the field and attempted to spin back inside, only to have Turner there waiting for them.
swiss_vike

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughts on bryce petty?

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 47 of 99

Jump to: