Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Uncle Buck Dont Look At This!!! Tebow Related.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebestever6

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
twslhs20 wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:
Is there really any question as to whether Tebow is a franchise QB or not? Not in my mind. None whatsoever.

Rank them then.

I want to see a list of the current 32 starting QBs and Tebow.

A lot of the reason I want us to get Tebow is his upside. It's pretty hard to compare a guy's upside to the ability of current QB's. I'll just let it suffice to say that I'd rather have Tebow than any other QB in the NFL besides Rodgers, and I may even take him over Rodgers due to the difference in age.

I'm the biggest Tebow supporter he has every intangible you can want in a QB. I think at best he could be a solid clutch starter in the NFL if he improved in areas. I'd take him over Ponder, But to say you would take him over anyone but Rodgers is erroneous. I think with his deep ball and running ability he could do great things with AP but from an upside stand point I'd take like 17 qbs over him. He has so much trouble reading defenses and getting rid of the football. I also think he has a horrible ability of anticipating routes. This is something I don't see him ever improving on. He throws the ball where the received is rather than where he will be. In Denver all he threw was fades, slants, and stop routes because of it. He has too poor of a spatial ability for a upper tier starter. I have only seen one throw in his career that he really impressed in this area. That was the pass against Pitt in the playoff game the one to royal. He put that ball right into Royal's back shoulder over the defender.
He will be done in the NFL unfortunately not because of talent. The media has out weighed the value of Tebow to an NFL team to develop him. And I do blame him for this he came out with a biography at 24, and he also had a documentary preparing for the draft. I'm a gator fan and a Tebow fan. IMO he should of cut the press and media off. He should of just said I want to focus on football. He should of been like Jimmy Clausen and been seen and not heard. He cares too much about publicity. That cover of GQ was where I as a fan drew a line.

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."

Last edited by thebestever6 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:52 pm; edited 4 times in total
xmichaelp

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
twslhs20 wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:
Is there really any question as to whether Tebow is a franchise QB or not? Not in my mind. None whatsoever.

Rank them then.

I want to see a list of the current 32 starting QBs and Tebow.

A lot of the reason I want us to get Tebow is his upside. It's pretty hard to compare a guy's upside to the ability of current QB's. I'll just let it suffice to say that I'd rather have Tebow than any other QB in the NFL besides Rodgers, and I may even take him over Rodgers due to the difference in age.

DudeWhat??

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Buck... my man...

do you really think 64+ NFL coaches and GM's are wrong on this matter, and you're right? i mean, really?

you thought Brady Quinn was going to be great too.

they were wrong about Russel Wilson..it was pretty much just me and pete Carrol on that one...Carrol i want my money!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DudeWhat?? wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
Buck... my man...

do you really think 64+ NFL coaches and GM's are wrong on this matter, and you're right? i mean, really?

you thought Brady Quinn was going to be great too.

they were wrong about Russel Wilson..it was pretty much just me and pete Carrol on that one...Carrol i want my money!

Actually, you are half right many teams were interested in Wilson but not before the third round. The interest wasn't the problem just what round

Big Palooka wrote:
"They don't have to worry about him making consistent passes. They will win another 2-3 max with him at QB."
wcblack34

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebestever6 wrote:
I'm the biggest Tebow supporter he has every intangible you can want in a QB. I think at best he could be a solid clutch starter in the NFL if he improved in areas.

Ray Lewis had every intangible you could want in a QB too, but like Tebow, he doesn't have the talent or skill-set to play QB in the NFL. All Tebow has done for the past several years is try to improve his mechanics and improve in areas. He hasn't. At all. He's a gadget player, and if he and his legions would accept that, he might find another gig in the NFL. That's not going to happen. He's too proud for his own good.
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

four pages, endless hours on ESPN and other sites......all for a 3rd string QB that no team seems to want. What is the power of Tebow?
thebestever6

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wcblack34 wrote:
thebestever6 wrote:
I'm the biggest Tebow supporter he has every intangible you can want in a QB. I think at best he could be a solid clutch starter in the NFL if he improved in areas.

Ray Lewis had every intangible you could want in a QB too, but like Tebow, he doesn't have the talent or skill-set to play QB in the NFL. All Tebow has done for the past several years is try to improve his mechanics and improve in areas. He hasn't. At all. He's a gadget player, and if he and his legions would accept that, he might find another gig in the NFL. That's not going to happen. He's too proud for his own good.

Did. You even read the rest of what I wrote? And IMO the jets never tried to develop him.

Big Palooka wrote:
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is my wish that Tebow never plays a down in the NFL ever again.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
four pages, endless hours on ESPN and other sites......all for a 3rd string QB that no team seems to want. What is the power of Tebow?

our culture loves the meaningless soap opera storyline.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
disaacs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebestever6 wrote:
I'm the biggest Tebow supporter he has every intangible you can want in a QB.

Intangibles are irrelevant if you can't make a pass beyond 5 yards with any accuracy whatsoever. Plus, I don't think any amount of development time will ever make him improve sufficiently enough to be more than strictly backup material.

I personally believe he should have been moved to TE immediately after he was drafted. He could have been successful there, because he'll never amount to anything as a QB. He doesn't have the skill-set to do so.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just going to point out that on Madden, if you switch him to HB, he's rated the same as Gerhart.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Omaha Beef have a job waiting for Tim Tebow if he wants it and the Nebraska indoor football team will even pay him $75 a game. A day after Tebow was cut by the New York Jets, the Beef called the office of Tebow agent Jimmy Sexton to offer a standard player contract. Beef assistant general manager Andrew Mather said Tuesday that he doesn't expect to hear back, but he thought it was worth asking.

The Beef's current quarterback, James McNear, has led the team to a 5-1 start. He's completing 70 percent of his passes and has thrown for 21 touchdowns against just two interceptions.

McNear is anything but insulted by the Beef's wooing of Tebow. McNear said, "I think Tim can learn a lot from me."

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/omaha-beef-indoor-team-offers-tim-tebow-contract

now THAT'S cold.

Webmaster wrote:
Klomp

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
McNear is anything but insulted by the Beef's wooing of Tebow. McNear said, "I think Tim can learn a lot from me."

James McNear is a 2006 graduate of Division II Concordia University, located in St Paul, MN.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Beef organization have the only male dance team, the Rumproasters, along with a female dance team, the Prime dancers. The Rumproasters, men of all different sizes, have been with the team since its inception. The Rumproasters perform routines from Grease all the way to hip hop.

The mascot for the Beef is an Angus bull named Sir Loin. He has won mascot of the year three times in UIF and was named 2009 mascot of the year in the IFL and is a fan favorite.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omaha_Beef

Webmaster wrote:
Eastern Walrus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet he will land somewhere in Florida
2013 Adopt a Minnesota Viking - Xavier Rhodes - CB - #29

XBL - Eastern Walrus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: