You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Uncle Buck Dont Look At This!!! Tebow Related.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruckusmh

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
twslhs20 wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:
Is there really any question as to whether Tebow is a franchise QB or not? Not in my mind. None whatsoever.

Rank them then.

I want to see a list of the current 32 starting QBs and Tebow.

A lot of the reason I want us to get Tebow is his upside. It's pretty hard to compare a guy's upside to the ability of current QB's. I'll just let it suffice to say that I'd rather have Tebow than any other QB in the NFL besides Rodgers, and I may even take him over Rodgers due to the difference in age.

Not trying to be rude, but this makes it not even worth having a discussion. I hope for your sake you're being hyperbolic because if not, that's pretty sad.
Smooth J

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most frustrating thing is that we'll never get to prove UB wrong (and he'll never get to prove us wrong) because Tebow will never start again, IMO.
wcblack34

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smooth J wrote:
The most frustrating thing is that we'll never get to prove UB wrong (and he'll never get to prove us wrong) because Tebow will never start again, IMO.

Yep. I hope that Tebow gets a chance to be the guy somewhere (NOT Minnesota), and that the team does all it can to play to Tebow's strengths (personnel included). That way this debate can be put to rest, once and for all.

Even if that happened, I wonder if Tebow's supporters would own up to his suckage if he failed, or if they would continue to only give him credit for the wins, while someone else would be the scapegoat for the losses?
husker_vikes3

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wcblack34 wrote:
Smooth J wrote:

Yep. I hope that Tebow gets a chance to be the guy somewhere (NOT Minnesota), and that the team does all it can to play to Tebow's strengths (personnel included). That way this debate can be put to rest, once and for all.

Even if that happened, I wonder if Tebow's supporters would own up to his suckage if he failed, or if they would continue to only give him credit for the wins, while someone else would be the scapegoat for the losses?
Unfortunately it's the latter. One of my friends was a huge Tebow supporter during his Denver days, without acknowledging or giving credit to the defense. Now after he was cut from New York, he says "Oh it's not his fault he was cut." and "The Jets offense was horrid and didn't give him a chance except for like 3 plays a game."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle buck I am in board with you! I think Tebow gets an undeserved bad wrap. He was misused in New York and I think he is capable to do some good things.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Favre Watch > Tebow Watch.

He might latch on as a #3 around the league, but there will be a few problems:

1) Fans will confuse this and think he'll be challenging to start
2) He'll absolutely bring a circus with him
3) You don't know how willing teams will be to take out their starting QB to run a gimmicky play.

I hope we don't go after him. He's no better than Joe Webb.

In fact, the day we drafted Webb, I said he's our version of Tim Tebow. Go ahead, look it up.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id rather put Kluwe at QB.

Ill take Tebow as a holder, that might be good.
wcblack34

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:

A lot of the reason I want us to get Tebow is his upside. It's pretty hard to compare a guy's upside to the ability of current QB's. I'll just let it suffice to say that I'd rather have Tebow than any other QB in the NFL besides Rodgers, and I may even take him over Rodgers due to the difference in age.

I don't think Tebow's own mother would say this.

When you're playing QB in the NFL, there is no "upside" if you can't hit the broad side of a barn.

Any team that wants to give Tebow a chance as a starting QB would have to completely overhaul their roster to have any chance of achieving consistent success.

Over the long haul, Tebow ball is a .500 proposition. You keep the game close enough through ball control and defense to hope that he can pull something out of his backside in the 4th Quarter. However, if a team gets up by a couple of TD's, the ball game is almost assuredly over.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everson Griffen: We can be special. But its up to us.
Uncle Buck

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

byuvike88 wrote:
Uncle buck I am in board with you! I think Tebow gets an undeserved bad wrap. He was misused in New York and I think he is capable to do some good things.

Glad I'm not the only one buddy. Welcome aboard the Tebow bandwagon!

vike daddy wrote:

Oh man, that's COLD!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is unfortunate for Tebow, the distraction that the media creates may prevent teams from having any interest in him as a backup. In NY, he rarely put the attention on himself but it was the media that constantly made stories out of nothing. I believe that could hinder teams from giving him a shot again, unlike other first rd QBs who completely flop but stick around (ala David Carr).

Tebow's skills are underwhelming for a QB, but i do think he gets a bad rap for no reason and because of that, he may never have a chance to improve. There isnt a positional switch he could make, and no he wont play FB (oddest transition idea that is commonly said, like Tebow can lead block Laughing).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
It is unfortunate for Tebow, the distraction that the media creates may prevent teams from having any interest in him as a backup.

I blame Skip Bayless!
Heavydan85

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
Why in the world would Spielman close his mind to the possibility of bringing in a quarterback who would come at a very low price, and who led the Denver Broncos further than Peyton Manning has? It makes no sense.

Technically they made it just as far...Peyton used a bye to get there, but both lost in the second round.

Last edited by Heavydan85 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
perrynoid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm convinced he has the raw ability, but needs to improve his technique somewhat. He is smart and a hard worker; if he had a legitimate shot I think he could be a pretty decent QB in this league.
Purplexing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perrynoid wrote:
I'm convinced he has the raw ability, but needs to improve his technique somewhat. He is smart and a hard worker; if he had a legitimate shot I think he could be a pretty decent QB in this league.

He's been in the NFL for a few years. How many more does he need?

Maybe the NYets aren't a good fit.

The NYets started McElroy over Tebow when Sanchez was hurt. Teb-owch!

Jax's GM or owner said he would no longer consider him, after their interest in the prior year.

Elway took the Bronco's farther than Tebow, who took the Broncos farther than Peyton. Elway knows what it takes to win a SB. Elway traded Tebow away in favor of a 38 yo QB who was rehabbing from neck surgery. Elway knows Manning only has a few more years of football to play, so if he had a guy with potential to take over and succeed when P-Mann retires, he would have kept that guy. He didn't. Teb-owch!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: