You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Uncle Buck Dont Look At This!!! Tebow Related.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
PrplChilPill


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 10825
Location: Portland, OR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given that he didn't play in NY, that no one traded more than a 5th rounder for him last year, I'd say "yes", there are good reasons to question if he's a good QB or not.
_________________
Wins are a team stat, not a QB stat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 82974
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
Why in the world would Spielman close his mind to the possibility of bringing in a quarterback who would come at a very low price, and who led the Denver Broncos further than Peyton Manning has? It makes no sense.

why in the world didn't the Jets start Tebow over Sanchez if he is presumably more capable than even Manning is?

it makes no sense.
_________________


Everson Griffen: We can be special. But its up to us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Uncle Buck


Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 18579
Location: Viking Country
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twslhs20 wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:
Klomp wrote:
@PerkatPlay: Just asked Rick Spielman if there was any chance with Tim Tebow avail..."No!" So not even a chance, I asked. "We're good" he said. #Te-No


How can you blame Spielman for thinking that way, when he has such a solid quarterback situation as things are? Rolling Eyes

They claim that there is parity in the NFL, but in reality there are two types of teams - those that do have a franchise quarterback, and those who desperately want to find one. Is there really any question which category the Vikings fall into?

We saw in 2009 what this team can do with a great quarterback under center. Why in the world would Spielman close his mind to the possibility of bringing in a quarterback who would come at a very low price, and who led the Denver Broncos further than Peyton Manning has? It makes no sense.

Some teams win, and some teams are destined to be perennial "also-rans".


You are assuming Tebow does qualify as a great QB.


It is more than just an assumption. I have his 2012 performance in Denver (as a first year starter) as proof to back this up. He took a 1-4 team to the playoffs and then won a playoff game against Pittsburgh. That's further than they got with Peyton Manning last year.

I know I'm not the only one who has a lot of faith in this guy. I can count on my thumbs the number of people who have made the assumption that Christian Ponder is a great QB.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 82974
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
It is more than just an assumption. I have his 2012 performance in Denver (as a first year starter) as proof to back this up. He took a 1-4 team to the playoffs and then won a playoff game against Pittsburgh. That's further than they got with Peyton Manning last year.

Scott Mitchell.

and probably many, many other flash in the pans.
_________________


Everson Griffen: We can be special. But its up to us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
twslhs20


Joined: 28 Feb 2008
Posts: 14089
Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
Is there really any question as to whether Tebow is a franchise QB or not? Not in my mind. None whatsoever.


Rank them then.

I want to see a list of the current 32 starting QBs and Tebow.
_________________

Joe_is_the_best ^^

BWG VIKE wrote:
Teddy needs a Snickers, he looks like Ponder when he is hungry
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PrplChilPill


Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 10825
Location: Portland, OR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UB, the NFL is a team game. He did not single handedly lead them to the promised land. Much of that was on the defense.

Again, if he's so good, why aren't the QB starved teams rushing to get him?
_________________
Wins are a team stat, not a QB stat
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Uncle Buck


Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 18579
Location: Viking Country
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
Given that he didn't play in NY, that no one traded more than a 5th rounder for him last year, I'd say "yes", there are good reasons to question if he's a good QB or not.


How did that work out for NY? They had to waste a high draft pick on a different QB, and in all likelihood, Rex Ryan will be out of a job after this year.

I can't speak for the lack of vision shown by other NFL teams who didn't trade for him.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Uncle Buck


Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 18579
Location: Viking Country
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twslhs20 wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:
Is there really any question as to whether Tebow is a franchise QB or not? Not in my mind. None whatsoever.


Rank them then.

I want to see a list of the current 32 starting QBs and Tebow.


A lot of the reason I want us to get Tebow is his upside. It's pretty hard to compare a guy's upside to the ability of current QB's. I'll just let it suffice to say that I'd rather have Tebow than any other QB in the NFL besides Rodgers, and I may even take him over Rodgers due to the difference in age.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 82974
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buck... my man...

do you really think 64+ NFL coaches and GM's are wrong on this matter, and you're right? i mean, really?

you thought Brady Quinn was going to be great too.
_________________


Everson Griffen: We can be special. But its up to us.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Uncle Buck


Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 18579
Location: Viking Country
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PrplChilPill wrote:
UB, the NFL is a team game. He did not single handedly lead them to the promised land. Much of that was on the defense.

Again, if he's so good, why aren't the QB starved teams rushing to get him?


I'm not saying the Denver defense wasn't good, but the fact remains that the team went 1-4 under Kyle Orton with the same defense. Things changed when they brought in a better quarterback.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
twslhs20


Joined: 28 Feb 2008
Posts: 14089
Location: Where the true depth of one's soul doesn't resonate with the world
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
twslhs20 wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:
Is there really any question as to whether Tebow is a franchise QB or not? Not in my mind. None whatsoever.


Rank them then.

I want to see a list of the current 32 starting QBs and Tebow.


A lot of the reason I want us to get Tebow is his upside. It's pretty hard to compare a guy's upside to the ability of current QB's. I'll just let it suffice to say that I'd rather have Tebow than any other QB in the NFL besides Rodgers, and I may even take him over Rodgers due to the difference in age.


Laughing

Ok man, that's your opinion.
_________________

Joe_is_the_best ^^

BWG VIKE wrote:
Teddy needs a Snickers, he looks like Ponder when he is hungry
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Uncle Buck


Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 18579
Location: Viking Country
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
Buck... my man...

do you really think 64+ NFL coaches and GM's are wrong on this matter, and you're right? i mean, really?

you thought Brady Quinn was going to be great too.


I think the NFL coaches and GM's are too scared to take a chance on Tebow. It's a win now league, and for that reason these guys are unwilling to risk their jobs on a better long term solution if it means taking a little heat in the short term.

Regarding Brady Quinn, I was never too big on him. I admit there have been some QB's I was high on that didn't work out, but Quinn wasn't one of them. Other than bringing in Brett Favre in 2009, there is not any quarterback I have ever been more certain of.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Uncle Buck


Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 18579
Location: Viking Country
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

twslhs20 wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:
twslhs20 wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:
Is there really any question as to whether Tebow is a franchise QB or not? Not in my mind. None whatsoever.


Rank them then.

I want to see a list of the current 32 starting QBs and Tebow.


A lot of the reason I want us to get Tebow is his upside. It's pretty hard to compare a guy's upside to the ability of current QB's. I'll just let it suffice to say that I'd rather have Tebow than any other QB in the NFL besides Rodgers, and I may even take him over Rodgers due to the difference in age.


Laughing

Ok man, that's your opinion.


Yep. I know I'm in the minority, but I stand by my belief in Tebow. He has greatness in him that can be capitalized on - but it will require a coach who has a little vision and the courage to go against the grain.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SemperFeist


Joined: 13 Jan 2013
Posts: 7944
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Buck wrote:
I'll just let it suffice to say that I'd rather have Tebow than any other QB in the NFL besides Rodgers, and I may even take him over Rodgers due to the difference in age.

Can there really be any response to this?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Uncle Buck


Joined: 10 Apr 2007
Posts: 18579
Location: Viking Country
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFeist wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:
I'll just let it suffice to say that I'd rather have Tebow than any other QB in the NFL besides Rodgers, and I may even take him over Rodgers due to the difference in age.

Can there really be any response to this?


It's all just my opinion, but back when I was calling for us to bring in Brett Favre, just about everyone else said I was crazy for thinking that too, because "Favre was washed up", etc., etc. I stuck to my opinion on that move, and I'll stick to my opinion on Tebow. I can respect the opinions of yourself and other posters on FF who disagree, but nobody is changing my mind on this one.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group