Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tebow Time?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
91jmay

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is not a player I want less than Tim Cantthrow

Allen said he would play the hot hand, in what world is McFadden's hand hot?

He touched Dennis Allen's seat before the game.
Django

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Tebeow Time? Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
raiders006 wrote:
Tim Tebow has been released.

While I hate the national media that comes with him, Tebow could be a low risk signing if hes open to a position switch. Also, he fits McKenzie's character profile as a hard worker, team player.

He could add to the competition at the TE position which is completely up for grabs.

Move Pryor to TE (since drafting Wilson, he's as good as gone at QB) and bring in Tebow for the third spot. He's a better version of Pryor anyway. Why not? LOL.

Actually, I really don't care what happens as long as the result is "We're moving Terrelle Pryor to tight end".

OT...

but what are you thoughts on Braxton Miller? Can he play QB in the NFL and do you view him better than Pryor?
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Tebeow Time? Reply with quote

Django wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
raiders006 wrote:

While I hate the national media that comes with him, Tebow could be a low risk signing if hes open to a position switch. Also, he fits McKenzie's character profile as a hard worker, team player.

He could add to the competition at the TE position which is completely up for grabs.

Move Pryor to TE (since drafting Wilson, he's as good as gone at QB) and bring in Tebow for the third spot. He's a better version of Pryor anyway. Why not? LOL.

Actually, I really don't care what happens as long as the result is "We're moving Terrelle Pryor to tight end".

OT...

but what are you thoughts on Braxton Miller? Can he play QB in the NFL and do you view him better than Pryor?

I think Braxton will be awful in the NFL as a QB but yes, I do feel he's a better passer than Pryor. That said, he's fun as hell to watch in college and his scrambling single-handily keeps them in games if not wins them.

PM sig requests.
dante9876

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Tebeow Time? Reply with quote

Django wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
raiders006 wrote:

OT...

Heck no he cant play in the NFL. I havent seen him read a progression yet on the field. Either dude is open or he is running. He is strong though.
Django

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Tebeow Time? Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Django wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
raiders006 wrote:

OT...

I think Braxton will be awful in the NFL as a QB but yes, I do feel he's a better passer than Pryor. That said, he's fun as hell to watch in college and his scrambling single-handily keeps them in games if not wins them.

Awful as in a backup..

Or awful in a "Not so good a passer, more a runner Mike Vick early days in Atlanta?"
dante9876

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Tebeow Time? Reply with quote

Django wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Django wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
raiders006 wrote:

OT...

Awful as in a backup..

Or awful in a "Not so good a passer, more a runner Mike Vick early days in Atlanta?"

Vick is a much better passer coming out than Pryor in now. He is way way better than what Miller is right now.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Tebeow Time? Reply with quote

Django wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Django wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
raiders006 wrote:

OT...

Awful as in a backup..

As a back up. Braxton lacks accuracy. He has decent arm strength but he misses a lot of easy passes. It seems he's more reliant on his athletic ability opposed to gaining his composure and delivering an accurate ball. As an OSU fan, it's fine b/c he wins games but it will not translate into the NFL and he's very frustrating. He reminds me of Pryor a lot, w/ a better arm and much more elusive. He's more agile.

PM sig requests.
raiders006

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tebow isnt the athlete Pryor is but he could AT LEAST provide competition at the TE or QB position.
Totty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OUT! Confused

First Steve Jobs, Now Al Davis.. God must be building something.
IdigtheRaiders!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raiders006 wrote:
Tebow isnt the athlete Pryor is but he could AT LEAST provide competition at the TE or QB position.

This. Though that's kinda comparing apples and oranges -- Pryor runs around linebackers, Tebow runs over them. Laughing
Unlike 90% of everyone else on here, I actually wouldn't be banging my head against a brick wall if we signed Tebow. Competition is never a bad thing, and we all saw what Tebow can do running around the edges in Denver (instead of up the middle, which is pretty much the only thing Ryan and Sparano had him do in New York).
That said, I don't see it happening. Yes, he's the perfect description of the kind of guy Reggie wants on the team, but that's the only thing that would bring him here IMHO. Wouldn't be against it entirely, especially if we had a specific plan for him focusing on his strengths, but yeah not gonna happen.

1. Props to Big Palooka for the sig
2. Tim Brown is my favorite NFL player of all time.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
There is not a player I want less than Tim Cantthrow

Rolando McClain

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this really a topic???

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no thanks, and TP looked good at QB against both San Diego and Detroit last year - he should definitely be developed as the long term hier to the throne....i'm hoping his throws have a nicer spirral this year (practise makes perfect and all)
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreadymatt wrote:
no thanks, and TP looked good at QB against both San Diego and Detroit last year - he should definitely be developed as the long term hier to the throne....i'm hoping his throws have a nicer spirral this year (practise makes perfect and all)

This post is awesome.

PM sig requests.
Joe Nobody

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Joe Nobody wrote:
If he comes anywhere near Oakland, we can only hope the snipers don't miss.

I mean..... I dunno. I guess you're trying to be funny?? I don't see the point for that remark.

Pretty obvious that it means he has no business anywhere near our roster.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: