Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tebow Time?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oak42069

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Religious hard worker, good story, sounds like a RM guy to me. To bad he is bad at football though. F it sign him and invite hard knocks in this year. Lets do it. Laughing Laughing

shouldve stopped at that
Joe Nobody

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he comes anywhere near Oakland, we can only hope the snipers don't miss.

This shouldn't even be a thread. Let the dude go to Canada or the UFL and be gone. The joke that is Tebow is well beyond stale at this point.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Nobody wrote:
If he comes anywhere near Oakland, we can only hope the snipers don't miss.

I mean..... I dunno. I guess you're trying to be funny?? I don't see the point for that remark.

PM sig requests.
Raidin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Pyror to tight end is a terrible idea. It's like something a teenager would do in Madden.

Elaborate.....

He's not a tight end. He looks far to timid to be one. First time going over the middle and he's crunched by a safety he'll probably fumble and be broken into two.

Limit what routes he would run and where he would run to. Use him only in red zone packages. He's 6'7" and can jump. Let's not forget he's played basketball and has the hand strength to catch. He's an athlete, it's worth a shot. Who's going to cover him?

Pretty much anyone. He's not the first tall athlete in the nfl. We already have a TE who is probably more athletic than Pyror; Ausberry ran a 4.48 40 yard dash, 36" vert, 10ft broad, 4.43 shuttle and 7.03 3 cone. Dude skills sucks as a tight end.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raidin wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Raidin wrote:
Pyror to tight end is a terrible idea. It's like something a teenager would do in Madden.

Elaborate.....

He's not a tight end. He looks far to timid to be one. First time going over the middle and he's crunched by a safety he'll probably fumble and be broken into two.

Limit what routes he would run and where he would run to. Use him only in red zone packages. He's 6'7" and can jump. Let's not forget he's played basketball and has the hand strength to catch. He's an athlete, it's worth a shot. Who's going to cover him?

Pretty much anyone. He's not the first tall athlete in the nfl. We already have a TE who is probably more athletic than Pyror; Ausberry ran a 4.48 40 yard dash, 36" vert, 10ft broad, 4.43 shuttle and 7.03 3 cone. Dude skills sucks as a tight end.

Hey, I'm just trying to salvage the guy before he's cut next season. There's obviously no plans for him on this team so why not experiment??

PM sig requests.
bitty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oak42069 wrote:
dante9876 wrote:
Religious hard worker, good story, sounds like a RM guy to me. To bad he is bad at football though. F it sign him and invite hard knocks in this year. Lets do it. Laughing Laughing

shouldve stopped at that

Tebow is not a bad Football player just a bad QB. He could be a great H- back.
NickButera

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason he was released instead of traded was because he won't do a position switch. Article said a lot of teams inquired to trade for him if he was open to a position switch, to which he said no, he's staying a QB.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
holyghost

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lemme start with the Tebow part. God no. We have no need whatsoever for this guy.

On to Pryor, and moving to TE. Enough with the pity party for this guy. He is being given a chance at QB - What HE Wants - and if the staff has no plans for him it's because he sucks as a passer. He can take the job if he wants the job bad enough. And if he can't take the job - and remember the incumbent is Matt Flynn for christs sake, okay, not Joe Montana - if he can't take the job from Matt damn Flynn, then he can't have it and that's all there is to it.

Seriously, if he's not a good enough QB to unseat Matt Flynn, he ain't good enough to get the ball. And that's really the end of the story right there. I don't wholeheartedly believe they're "against" him, or "not giving him a fair shot", in fact I think it's absurd. They may not like him as much as a player type they would have chosen, but I firmly believe they all just want to win alot of games. And if Pryor genuinely represents the possibility of doing that, he will win the job.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickButera wrote:
The reason he was released instead of traded was because he won't do a position switch. Article said a lot of teams inquired to trade for him if he was open to a position switch, to which he said no, he's staying a QB.

Welcome to the Arena League then.
Speed_Wrench

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Pryor was our starting QB I could see a reason.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like to riff on things that annoy, frustrate, and generally irritate me.

I present to you, my riff on things I like more than Tim Tebow playing in Oakland:

The summer Olympics
The winter Olympics
Twilight, both the books and movies
Government. All of it, everywhere.
Instagram
Fat Free Ice Cream
and that red thing that comes out of a dog's bird

those are all things I care about more than Tim Tebow.
Mr.Bob Dobalina

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if serious? Embarassed . Tim Tebow does not belong in the NFL.
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love how you guys assume Pryor is done because we took Tyler Wilson in the 4th round. We need a QB and McKenzie is making a youth movement. I guess Eli Manning is done in NY because they drafted Nassib. Ben better watch his back in Pittsburgh because they took Jones. Barkley was drafted by the Eagles, so I guess Vick and Foles done in Philly.

Let the best QB win the competition, if its Flynn, Wilson, or Pryor so be it....haters will always hate.

Funny the same excuses made for Palmer all last season are already being made for Wilson. The team around him sucks, his blocking sucked, WR's were awful, and the coaching staff...blah, blah.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burgesskills wrote:
I love how you guys assume Pryor is done because we took Tyler Wilson in the 4th round. We need a QB and McKenzie is making a youth movement. I guess Eli Manning is done in NY because they drafted Nassib. Ben better watch his back in Pittsburgh because they took Jones. Barkley was drafted by the Eagles, so I guess Vick and Foles done in Philly.

You just named mostly elite to borderline elite QBs and compared their situation to our back-up............. thanks for the laugh.

PM sig requests.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
Lemme start with the Tebow part. God no. We have no need whatsoever for this guy.

On to Pryor, and moving to TE. Enough with the pity party for this guy. He is being given a chance at QB - What HE Wants - and if the staff has no plans for him it's because he sucks as a passer. He can take the job if he wants the job bad enough. And if he can't take the job - and remember the incumbent is Matt Flynn for christs sake, okay, not Joe Montana - if he can't take the job from Matt damn Flynn, then he can't have it and that's all there is to it.

Seriously, if he's not a good enough QB to unseat Matt Flynn, he ain't good enough to get the ball. And that's really the end of the story right there. I don't wholeheartedly believe they're "against" him, or "not giving him a fair shot", in fact I think it's absurd. They may not like him as much as a player type they would have chosen, but I firmly believe they all just want to win alot of games. And if Pryor genuinely represents the possibility of doing that, he will win the job.
This^ Hater's just hate all day long even though RM said it will be a competition, the same people said TP would be traded during the draft. Save it until after the competition.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: