Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders of Thrones: Pryor vs. Flynn vs. Wilson
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who starts the season?/Who do you represent
House of Pryor
28%
 28%  [ 16 ]
House of Flynn
61%
 61%  [ 35 ]
House of Wilson
10%
 10%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 57

Stix101

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Stix101 wrote:
Quote:
So are we to just ignore instances of teams going with the athletic QBs then? Like Vince Young for example.

Um, Young is 30-17 as a starter

So every team should be fighting over him and his services then, right? He shouldn't have to beg teams for tryouts and need to prove himself at college pro days, right?

Honestly Young has been out of the NFL to long to say that. But should Tebow have been starting over Sanchez after what we've seen of Sanchez last year. Yes, with out a doubt.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stix101 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Stix101 wrote:
Quote:
So are we to just ignore instances of teams going with the athletic QBs then? Like Vince Young for example.

So every team should be fighting over him and his services then, right? He shouldn't have to beg teams for tryouts and need to prove himself at college pro days, right?

Honestly Young has been out of the NFL to long to say that. But should Tebow have been starting over Sanchez after what we've seen of Sanchez last year. Yes, with out a doubt.

What's the problem with Mackelroy getting the shot? If that's who they think gives them the best chance to win, then they should play him. Same goes for Tebow. If they think he gives them the best chance to win, then he should start. But they didn't think that. Numerous players and coaches have said Tebow looks horrible in practice. You're hitching your wagon to the wrong horses.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
true2form

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see, Flynn - Pryor - Wilson at this point in time. This is based on experience, which is very little to none for all three. Until these guys actually start even practicing, it's all on previous experience and/or potential.

I have bought into RM's philosphy of competition. I've seen how he is filling the roster with prove it players at every position. I will wait until later before crowning someone the starter or changing someone's position. Rolling Eyes
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still Flynn.
Django

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pryor must have caught wind of this thread. Look at his twit pic.

However, he or someone needs to switch it to a wolf.

Laughing
RaiderX

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Still Flynn.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Still Flynn.

Great pic. All that kid does on the show is constantly eat breakfast.

Flynn should win this battle, Pryor second with playing time in the red zone. Even if Wilson "beats" Pryor for backup (doubtful) he will be emergency QB on gamedays due to offensive packages crafted for Pryor a la Tebow in New York (Tebow was backup but McElroy was actually second string).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Still Flynn.

Flynn should win this battle, Pryor second with playing time in the red zone. Even if Wilson "beats" Pryor for backup (doubtful) he will be emergency QB on gamedays due to offensive packages crafted for Pryor a la Tebow in New York (Tebow was backup but McElroy was actually second string).

I hope we don't have to have any packages for urban-Tebow. I hate taking the starting QB off the field. It's nonsense.

Not a Sanchez fan, but every time that dude would get a little rhythm they'd pull him and insert Tebow.

Start a QB and let him do his thing. You want a gadget play some place in there, fine. But a package of plays for an inferior QB is just awful. Just snap the ball to DMAC if you want someone to run a package.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Still Flynn.

I hope we don't have to have any packages for urban-Tebow. I hate taking the starting QB off the field. It's nonsense.

Not a Sanchez fan, but every time that dude would get a little rhythm they'd pull him and insert Tebow.

Start a QB and let him do his thing. You want a gadget play some place in there, fine. But a package of plays for an inferior QB is just awful. Just snap the ball to DMAC if you want someone to run a package.

Dennis Allen said they would do it. Don't tell me you're having doubts in your old buddy DA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad you started this post as I've been thinking further on this subject. Wilson is a rookie and isn't ready. I don't know much as of this moment about Flynn but think he'll probably start.
I'm still a Pryor supporter. He is a dynamic player. He's not perfect and I believe many are dwelling to heavily on his passing ability or lack thereof. I am not as concerned. He will improve. I've seen the rainbows. I've seen the zip. You must realize he is a danger at the QB position anytime he takes the field. I am looking forward to his play in camp and preseason. If his accuracy falls I'll admit he may not be what I believe he is.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S&B Bleeder wrote:
I'm still a Pryor supporter. He is a dynamic player.

But he can't pass. That is the primary means of getting the ball down the field as a QB, throwing it. He can't do that. He could be the most dynamic player to ever dawn a uniform in any sport ever..... but he can't throw the football.

Quote:
He's not perfect and I believe many are dwelling to heavily on his passing ability or lack thereof. I am not as concerned. He will improve.

What are you basing that off of? The fact he's wearing a Raider uniform? I've barely seen him improve and this includes college. So why would he all of the sudden improve?

Quote:
You must realize he is a danger at the QB position anytime he takes the field.

Yeah, danger of throwing INTs to the opposition b/c he can't put any zip on his passes and if his last game is any indication of his tendencies, he likes to throw from one of the side to the middle when scrambling. That is rarely a good idea.

Quote:
If his accuracy falls I'll admit he may not be what I believe he is.

Do you give other QBs this much leniency? His accuracy has been garbage ever since he stepped foot into Ohio Stadium.

PM sig requests.
S&B Bleeder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
S&B Bleeder wrote:
I'm still a Pryor supporter. He is a dynamic player.

But he can't pass. That is the primary means of getting the ball down the field as a QB, throwing it. He can't do that. He could be the most dynamic player to ever dawn a uniform in any sport ever..... but he can't throw the football.

Quote:
He's not perfect and I believe many are dwelling to heavily on his passing ability or lack thereof. I am not as concerned. He will improve.

What are you basing that off of? The fact he's wearing a Raider uniform? I've barely seen him improve and this includes college. So why would he all of the sudden improve?

Quote:
You must realize he is a danger at the QB position anytime he takes the field.

Yeah, danger of throwing INTs to the opposition b/c he can't put any zip on his passes and if his last game is any indication of his tendencies, he likes to throw from one of the side to the middle when scrambling. That is rarely a good idea.

Quote:
If his accuracy falls I'll admit he may not be what I believe he is.

Do you give other QBs this much leniency? His accuracy has been garbage ever since he stepped foot into Ohio Stadium.

Of late we have not seen that much of him. I forget, how many interceptions did he throw in the SD game?
You say he can't pass but you're generalizing. His game is not passing but passing and running. I believe there is no better running QB in the league. Remember, you can't just put a hand on him or even two. You have to wrap him with two arms.
I've seen him throw with zip and he made a completed pass.
I am glad you're not the coach. You over react. He's better than you give him credit. Oh, I'm sorry, you don't give him any credit. He's far more dynamic a player than either of the other QB's on the team. He's a dangerous man.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S&B Bleeder wrote:
He's far more dynamic a player than either of the other QB's on the team. He's a dangerous man.

What is dynamic supposed to mean? That he is a better athlete? He clearly is. He's not a better QB though. He's not consistently throwing the football at an NFL level. Maybe he will but he has to improve on a lot of things first.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
tp has a serious uphill climb for the #1 spot. hope he has been working on his craft in a major way. imo tp has the highest ceiling of the three but as said before he will have to earn every rep. one advantage is that he is more familiar with the players.

When will people understand that 'being athletic' does not mean having a high ceiling?

Pryor's ceiling w/ his arm is Dennis Dixon. Floor, Tim Tebow. But because he's athletic some of you act like his ceiling is Kaepernick/Wilson/RGIII.

id rather not get into it today we've had this talk many times. ill just wait and see how things unfold.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stix101 wrote:
Quote:

[/quote]

homie it isnt worth it Laughing

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 4 of 12

Jump to: