Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Hindsight Mock--Post Yours!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZoomWaffle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: 2013 Hindsight Mock--Post Yours! Reply with quote

After months of speculating and predicting the who and when, post your ideal draft based on the real life trades and draft slots. Here is mine:

1 (12)- Star Lotulelei, DT Utah. DT is a huge need, Star is a multi-facted DT who can be a terror in the middle of the line and set the tone for the entire D.

2 (42)- Kawaan Short, DT Purdue. Double-dipping on the DT position to solve out interior DL issues once and for all.

3 (66)- Keenan Allen, WR Cal. Its not often that a player this talented lasts this long at a position of need for us. We have lacked a true #1 WR for what seems like eternity. He is rehabbing from an injury, but has eberything we need in a WR. Pure value pick.

4 (112) Phillip Thomas, FS Fresno St. We still dont have a starting FS, Thomas has a shot to be that guy.

6 (172) David Quessenberry, T San Jose St. Good pass protector, good hustle.

6 (181) Nick Kasa, TE Colorado. I am assuming he lasts nine more turns if we pass on him at 172. The more I read about this guy the more I like the pick. We are thin at TE and he has a good size/speed combo and is a good blocker.

6 (184) Andre Ellington, RB Clemson. Not starting material, but a good weapon who can be used in several ways. Would make a good change of pace back.

6 (205) Mike Catapano, DE Princeton. Small school project, but simply put- we lack pass rushers.

7 (209) Jordan Poyer, CB Oregon State. How this guy fell so far is a mystery to me. He has the skills to compete for a starting job with our CB corps, and eventually become something pretty special.

7 (233) Zac Dysert, QB Miamo (Ohio). Developmental QB who has a good release, zip, and placement.

Biggest weakness: Pass rush. At 12, the only first round guys left were Werner and Jones, neither of which I like better than Star as a DT. No pass rusher was worth the 42nd pick (Margus Hunt was available, but he is more of a 3-4 guy), such was the theme as most of the next rounds. In the 3rd I could pass on Allen for Damontre Moore, but Allen is a talent I didnt want to pass on. The next best guy IMO was Q. Smith, but without a 5th we would have had to reach on him in the 4th and bypass who could be a starting FS next season. Cant fix everything at once, but with this draft we get a dominant interior DL, a likely #1 WR, a FS, T, and TE who could compete for the starting job immediately, a likely #3 CB or better, a change of pace RB, DE depth, and a young QB to groom.

Alright, let's see what you guys would do:

Trojan on the sig

La_Vader wrote:
I wouldn't trade Pryor for any prospect in this years draft. Quote me on that
Tacos

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't do a mock but I'd have traded up to 33 and selected Justin Hunter, I'd love to see him and DMo together again.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough to say how the draft turns out if we didn't make the picks we did (butterfly effect). I'll play along though and assume everything played out the way it did (including trades)

1 (12) Star Lotulelei-
Since the beginning he was my favorite for #3, why would things change at 12. Intimidating presence in the middle, would've helped substantially in the run game.
2 (42) Arthur Brown ILB-
not a need for us, but I thought Brown was the best ILB of the bunch and has potential to be a great one. Thought for sure he was going in the 1st.
3 (66) Brennan Williams OT-
Solid player at the right tackle position. Knee injury hurt his stock this year.
4 (112) Jonathan Franklin RB-
Favorite RB this draft. Fills in for McFadden after the inevitable injury (basically makes him a starter).
6 (172) Nick Kasa TE-
Actually rather like this pick. Can block and stretch the field. Bit of a developmental player, but could possibly start for us. Can't ask more of a 6th rounder
6 (181) Cornelius Washington DE-
Althletic DE, with poor production out of Georgia. Was he simply miscast as a 5Tech? We'll find out
6 (184) Bacarri Rambo S-
Sigh... appears to be a good safety on paper, wonder what all the GMs know that we don't
6 (205) Michael Buchanon DE-
Amazing 2011 campaign. Had his jaw wired shut and lost 20lbs prior to the season.
7 (209) Jordan Poyer CB
See Rambo, not sure what happened here
7(233) David Bass DE
Ridiculous production from this kid from Div II. Athletically gifted, project player.

3 pass rushing DEs late. Give them all a whirl and see who comes out on top.
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would've trade with the niners same deal cowboys got

1) slay (good cb from top conf)
2) jon bostic (mlb we need hella bad)
3a) sio (good edge lb)
3b) alex okafor (niners) (de we need)
4) barrett jones
6a) Ryan Swope
6b)Murray
6c) Rambo
6d) Sean Renfree
7) poyer

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Strider

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:

3a) sio (good edge lb)
4) barrett jones
6a) Ryan Swope
6b)Murray
6c) Rambo
6d) Sean Renfree
7) poyer

I wouldn't have minded those players, but where is the TE?
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strider wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

3a) sio (good edge lb)
4) barrett jones
6a) Ryan Swope
6b)Murray
6c) Rambo
6d) Sean Renfree
7) poyer

I wouldn't have minded those players, but where is the TE?

imo we didnt really need to draft a te we could always get one as a udfa or fa

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
Darbsk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

101Raider wrote:
Tough to say how the draft turns out if we didn't make the picks we did (butterfly effect). I'll play along though and assume everything played out the way it did (including trades)

Interesting topic, assuming we have the same picks:

Round 1 (12) Star Lotulelei DT
I'd really love to trade down again and take Datone Jones but if we're stuck at 12 I'd take Star. Walker and Bilukidi have lots of promise and coupled with Star we could have our interior set for a long time.

Round 2 (42) Menelik Watson RT
Love this pick, young man with huge upside and physical prescence and we have the right coach to mould him and get the very best out of him.

Round 3 (66) Blidi Wreh Wilson CB
Rangy, athletic corner with upside to compete with Adams and Jenkins. Porter and Hanson are solid if not elite in my book and would be massively helped by a pass rush improvement.

Round 4 (112) Tyler Wilson QB
No issues with this pick, love his tenacity and intangibles. Great value in the 4th Reggie.

Round 6 (172) Chase Thomas LB
Obviously this guy fell for a reason, just not sure what that reason was?!?!? Would have taken a chance on him here to supplement our LB corps.

Round 6 (181) Latavius Murray RB
Great pick, poor mans McFadden with less violent running style but more vision and better agility and footwork. Perfect to spell McFadden and looks fully healed form knee injury, solid pick Reggie.

Round 6 (184) DaRick Rogers WR
Physical talented but troubled, if we are going to take a chance on a DT with issues why not take a supremely talented WR with Issues??

Round 6 (205) Kevin Riddick LB
Looked good in the Senior Bowl and was apparently a good, coachable young man with high energy and upside just what i want in a MLB.

Round 7 (209) Jordan Poyer CB
Liked him at the senior bowl but maybe the coaches saw something they didn't like in his makeup, at this round it's worth taking a chance on IMO

Round 7(233) David Bass DE
Very productive small school prospect I like a lot. Give him a year with Carter and Houston as role models and we may make a Justin Tuck out of him.........

Safety and TE are obvious ommisions but can't fix everything in one off season, Reece can compensate for a lack of TE production. Pass rushing by committee with Houston / Star / Walker / Carter with cameos by Hunter, Crawford, Bass and help from Thomas and Burris at LB. CB competition that may see Porter / Adams / Hanson start. Poyer and Wilson are a work in progress and Jenkins could suprise me and win a starting role.
G

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Death Star UT
2) Big Hank NT
3) D-mo RDE
4) Okafer LDE

Houston signed long term and flips between LDE and UT. D-line is young and hungry to prove themselves.
Stops the Run, pass rushers and first 3 could easily flip between 4-3 and 3-4
bitty

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moore is the key to Dennis Allens defense.
He'll play the same position as Von Miller. Moore is a hybrid defender who can lineup and cover the slot or rush the passer.
A player like that is crucial to the defense that wants to show different defensive looks.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the theme of this post but obviously grossly unfair.

1 12 Sheldon Richardson DT Missouri
2 42 David Amerson CB NC State
3 66 Terron Armstead OT (Swing OT- Big Package TE) Arkansas-Pine Bluff
4 112 Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas
6 172 David Quessenberry OT (LG) San Jose State
6 181 Mike James RB Miami
6 184 Baccari Rambo FS UGA
6 205 Chris Faulk OT (RT) LSU
7 209 Jordan Poyer CB Oregon State
7 233 David Bass DE Missouri Western State

With an eye on protecting the QBotF I would have worked harder to surround the QB position with more protection and/or strengthen the supporting cast. Obviously I was not able to address major weaknesses at DE and TE or depth at WR. I stayed primarily within the same round but I basically went BPA.

Amerson and Poyer probably start by mid-season.

Projected Starting OL:
RT Barnes, Faulk (r)
RG Brisel, Bergstrom, Nix
C Wisniewski, Parsons
LG Quessenberry (r), Smith
LT: Veldheer, Armstead (r)

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a thread in the draft forum and here's what I did:

Silver&Black88 wrote:
I liked our draft but I would go:

1. First round, No. 12 (No. 12 overall): DT Star Lotulelei, Utah

2. Second round, No. 10 (No. 42 overall): Jamar Taylor, CB, Boise State

3. Third round, No. 4 (No. 66 overall): Keenan Allen, WR, Cal

4. Fourth round, No. 15 (No. 112 overall): Tyler Wilson, QB, Arkansas

6. Sixth round, No. 4 (No. 172 overall): David Quessenberry, RT, SJSU

6. Sixth round, No. 13 (No. 181 overall): Latavius Murray, RB, UCF

6. Sixth round, No. 16 (No. 184 overall): Bacarri Rambo, S, Georgia

6. Sixth round, No. 37 (No. 205 overall, compensatory pick): Michael Buchanan, DE, Illinois

7. Seventh round, No. 3 (No. 209 overall): Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon State

7. Seventh round, No. 27 (No. 233 overall): David Bass, DE, Missouri Western State

Now after more thought, I'd swap Bass out for Ryan Otten.

#FreeAgent
Conquest8089

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Would required Miami to include a 6th Rounder (Pick 180). If not willing, would've selected Lane Johnson 3rd Overall. Project they would've acquiesced.

Trades:
1. Pick 3 (2,200) to Miami for Picks 12, 42 & 180 (1,689.4)
2. Still Execute Trade w/ Tampa Bay

Draft:
12. D.J. Hayden CB Houston
42. Gavin Escobar TE San Diego State
66. Damontre Moore DE Texas A&M
112. Tyler Wilson QB Arkansas
172. Nick Kasa TE Colorado
180. Cornelius Washington DE Georgia
181. Latavius Murray RB UCF
184. Ryan Jensen OL Colorado State-Pueblo
205. Mike Catapano DT Princeton
209. Charles Johnson WR Grand Valley State
233. David Baas DE Missouri Western State

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: