You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans interested in Schaub

 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
coleman51


Joined: 06 May 2005
Posts: 2775
Location: Hendersonville, TN
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Titans interested in Schaub Reply with quote

Watching sportscenter, Michael Smith reports the Jets, Ravens, and Titans are all interested in making a deal with the Falcons to aquire his duties.

No link at the moment, just his word on TV moments ago...

So what are our real draft plans? Maybe we are targeting to trade down or draft D'Brick. It seems like we could be frontrunners in this deal, possibly offering Billy Volek, Peter Sirmon, and a 4th round pick maybe? The Falcons will still be looking for a backup QB, and have shown interest in Volek in previous seasons.

Guess it's just time to sit back and watch the rumors fly.
_________________

Quote:
@jwyattsports 1h
#Titans safety Bernard Pollard on #Chiefs: Im mad at the fact theyve decided to come here and play football in our stadium."


RIP Stylish313
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SHAVED_CHICKEN


Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 2236
Location: Dreary Ol' Connecticut
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont really like the idea of picking up Schaub.....i would rather have a rookie that we can mold in our own image (or premolded in the case of Leinart).....also even though we are making leaps and bounds in FA, i dont think we should be giving away picks......finally, we wouldnt be able to match anything the Jets will be dealing out (aka Abraham)......
_________________

Men die. Money gets spent. Glory is forever.
Titans Assistant GM FFMD07
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TTitanFAN32


FF Fanatic
Joined: 13 Jan 2006
Posts: 12944
Location: 6*1*8, Illinois
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont get this FA signing in trying to go after Shaub (sp)......if we were going to keep a QB like him that we might as well just keep Volek. really dont understand this but if were trading down and not going QB then i would be pretty happy but if we were going to do that then i guess we are going QB next eyar ?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bulluckthebeast


Joined: 18 Dec 2004
Posts: 1983
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we can get him for the right price, I would take him in a heartbeat. He's a young guy that's proven he has skills, and has no wear and tear on him. Also if we acquire him, we could draft the BPA in the first and second rounds.
_________________


"Tina you fat, lard come get your dinner"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TTitanFAN32


FF Fanatic
Joined: 13 Jan 2006
Posts: 12944
Location: 6*1*8, Illinois
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bulluckthebeast wrote:
If we can get him for the right price, I would take him in a heartbeat. He's a young guy that's proven he has skills, and has no wear and tear on him. Also if we acquire him, we could draft the BPA in the first and second rounds.


hey Bulluck the Beast........havent seen you around in awhile, where u been??
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChowTime


Joined: 11 Feb 2005
Posts: 262
Location: VA
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love the idea of getting Schaub. He has good size, is mobile, and has good arm strength. Being coached by Al Grogh and being in the league for a couple years has really helped his development as a QB. He is already somewhat proven in the league compared to the rookie QBs and I personally dont like the idea of selecting a QB this high in the draft. I was really impressed wit the little playing time that I saw and his leadership skills. Maybe we can package a deal that involves Volek and our 2nd. If we can somehow keep our 1st while still acquiring Schaub then I would do it in a instant. HAWK and Schaub, that would be really nice.
_________________
I need help with a new Sig. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SHAVED_CHICKEN


Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 2236
Location: Dreary Ol' Connecticut
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChowTime wrote:
I would love the idea of getting Schaub. He has good size, is mobile, and has good arm strength. Being coached by Al Grogh and being in the league for a couple years has really helped his development as a QB. He is already somewhat proven in the league compared to the rookie QBs and I personally dont like the idea of selecting a QB this high in the draft. I was really impressed wit the little playing time that I saw and his leadership skills. Maybe we can package a deal that involves Volek and our 2nd. If we can somehow keep our 1st while still acquiring Schaub then I would do it in a instant. HAWK and Schaub, that would be really nice.


yea....that WOULD be nice...i haddnt thought of that......but i doubut it happens (i also doubted Mawae and Hope so it shows how much i know).....if we did happen to get him do we think he would start this season? i would say probably....
_________________

Men die. Money gets spent. Glory is forever.
Titans Assistant GM FFMD07
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TTitanFAN32


FF Fanatic
Joined: 13 Jan 2006
Posts: 12944
Location: 6*1*8, Illinois
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHAVED_CHICKEN wrote:
ChowTime wrote:
I would love the idea of getting Schaub. He has good size, is mobile, and has good arm strength. Being coached by Al Grogh and being in the league for a couple years has really helped his development as a QB. He is already somewhat proven in the league compared to the rookie QBs and I personally dont like the idea of selecting a QB this high in the draft. I was really impressed wit the little playing time that I saw and his leadership skills. Maybe we can package a deal that involves Volek and our 2nd. If we can somehow keep our 1st while still acquiring Schaub then I would do it in a instant. HAWK and Schaub, that would be really nice.


yea....that WOULD be nice...i haddnt thought of that......but i doubut it happens (i also doubted Mawae and Hope so it shows how much i know).....if we did happen to get him do we think he would start this season? i would say probably....


i dont think we need him because we might get a QB in the first round in either Matt Leinart or Vince Young or even Omar Jacobsi nthe 2nd round but i would prefer either taking Leinart in the first or trading down and going defense or Lendale White and then in the 2nd i would take Jacobs or a MLB,

No to Schaub........he will want to miuch and i dont think we need him for a 2nd rounder
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChowTime


Joined: 11 Feb 2005
Posts: 262
Location: VA
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTitanFAN32 wrote:
i dont think we need him because we might get a QB in the first round in either Matt Leinart or Vince Young or even Omar Jacobsi nthe 2nd round but i would prefer either taking Leinart in the first or trading down and going defense or Lendale White and then in the 2nd i would take Jacobs or a MLB,

No to Schaub........he will want to miuch and i dont think we need him for a 2nd rounder

Too Much? Leinart and Young will cost too much. If we got Young we would be paying him millions to sit on the bench for probaly two years. Schaub would not cost as much as a QB at 3. He would fit this offense nicely and is capable of starting as soon as possible. With the recent FA pickups it seems to me that Reese and Fisher are in win now mentality seeing that there job contracts are coming up soon and maybe feel the pressure. If they want to win now then they need to get players in the draft would provide an immediate impact, ala HAWK or WILLIAMS.
_________________
I need help with a new Sig. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coleman51


Joined: 06 May 2005
Posts: 2775
Location: Hendersonville, TN
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChowTime wrote:
TTitanFAN32 wrote:
i dont think we need him because we might get a QB in the first round in either Matt Leinart or Vince Young or even Omar Jacobsi nthe 2nd round but i would prefer either taking Leinart in the first or trading down and going defense or Lendale White and then in the 2nd i would take Jacobs or a MLB,

No to Schaub........he will want to miuch and i dont think we need him for a 2nd rounder


Too Much? Leinart and Young will cost too much.



I forgot about the pains that come with high draft picks. Hold outs, wanting massive signing bonuses, etc.

I'm sure Leinart's going to want almost a mirror contract of Bush's. Anyone know which agents will be representing the guys were targeting?
_________________

Quote:
@jwyattsports 1h
#Titans safety Bernard Pollard on #Chiefs: Im mad at the fact theyve decided to come here and play football in our stadium."


RIP Stylish313
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pacman=future


Joined: 23 Nov 2005
Posts: 4387
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if we do get schaub we will probably trade down and get huff/white/hawk

i read in sporting news that we might be interested in white



cna huff play cb?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SHAVED_CHICKEN


Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 2236
Location: Dreary Ol' Connecticut
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pacman=future wrote:
if we do get schaub we will probably trade down and get huff/white/hawk

i read in sporting news that we might be interested in white



cna huff play cb?


yea Huff can play CB.....but i would rather have White then an MLB in the 2nd.......
_________________

Men die. Money gets spent. Glory is forever.
Titans Assistant GM FFMD07
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
titans will return


Joined: 05 Jan 2005
Posts: 8917
Location: Nashville,TN
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reese said he hasnt even talked to Rick Mackak(spl) of the Falcons or anyone involving the Falcons.He had no clue where the report came from...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group