Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 DRAFT - WHAT YOU WOULD HAVE DONE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
palmy50

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
Burnett42 wrote:
What about the Barrett Jones slide? Anyone know about that, he was projected in the first round like 2 months ago?

Easy. He was never that good.

I disagree. There were a few things with that one but he is a very solid prospect. Would not shock me one bit if he was a ten year starter in the league. Just needed the right home because of how he would fit in the room more so than how he would fit on the field. Also had the foot and there was no numbers on him. LIS, combo of things made him fall a little including the deep class.

I've read numerous things saying he was not first round worthy. He was a good prospect, but not best 32 players in the draft good. I don't think he was a 4th round guy either, but he was definitely never worth a 1st. He's versatile which is good, but will he ever be all-pro caliber at any position?

Ya know, I did not read the first part there. I would not fight ya on any of that.

Now. Here's the question for you. Barrett Jones vs JC Tretter. Both are available at our pick 122. Do we still take Tretter or do you think we would have taken Jones? What's the upside of each? I think Jones has the higher floor obviously, but what about their ceilings?

That would come down to how you felt Jones would fit in your room. Every horse was in that Tretter race. Jones had a love/hate thing going on. Best way I can explain it is to say Jones would have been like adding Tim Tebow into your line room. You often see this guy or that guy as being "too nice" but Jones took that thing to the exreme. Think he would have been fine in Green Bay. But it could have been a very real issue if you placed him in a room full of old war dogs.

That said, even with the need for the right home I feel Jones would have been a 3rd round pick in this very deep class if not for the injury. LIS, I feel a run of centers went there and TT jumped the gun a bit with Tretter. Kids a sound prospect that probably would have gone around that slot in most year that are a little more heavy up top with less in the middle on. But again, this was a VERY deep class and I feel Tretter could have been had a little later.

If you felt Jones would fit in your room, I clearly would have had a healthy lean there. Don't sell the higher floor short. Jones should be a very sound starter for ten years from Day1. Tretter might have a hair more upside. But by the time he gets there Jones could have three or four years of sound play in.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
IrishGreen wrote:
in some ways, i wish we would've stay put at 55 and drafted arthur brown. i know we're set at ILB, but to pass on that talent there.. idk.

baltimore getting him just made it that much worse

55 was probably about right for him. He wasn't that spectacular of a talent IMO. Definitely wasn't a 1st round guy. I had Bostic ahead of him as well.

Agreed. I never understood the first round hype for him. Seemed like a late 2nd/early 3rd guy to me.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: 2013 DRAFT - WHAT YOU WOULD HAVE DONE Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:

Incog's Choices
26 - Tank Carradine
61 - Eddie Lacy
109 - Quinton Patton
122 - Malliciah Goodman
125 - Tavarres King
159 - Jordan Poyer
167 - Bacarri Rambo
193 - Da'Rick Rogers
216 - Michael Buchanan
224 - Matt Scott
232 - David Bass

WR corps: Nelson // Cobb // Jones // Patton // King // Rogers Shocked
OLB: Matthews // Perry // Buchanan // Bass Shocked
DL: Pickett // Raji // Carradine // Neal // Goodman // Worthy // Daniels Shocked
OL: Sad

As a UGA alumnus (and current grad student), BELIEVE ME we are happy we did not select King, Rambo, or Rogers.

King is mediocre at best, with decent speed and amazing ability to catch the ball with his chest. He will not stick in this league.

Rambo was overrated from the start, missed many crucial tackles and took a lot of poor angles. Our safeties (Rambo and Williams) let us down on many occasions.

Why am I commenting on Rogers? Because he was a 5-star recruit that had committed to UGA for A YEAR before suddenly switching to UT on signing day. No explanation. I was not surprised to see him have troubles at any level. He only cares about himself, doesn't follow rules, and probably has some Titus Young-level ego. Pass.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: