Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 DRAFT - WHAT YOU WOULD HAVE DONE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
persiandud

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

most of you guys have Patton or Jones as some of the changes.

I would definitely have turned in the card for Patton. What a steal the Niners got...that roster now, oh boy Rolling Eyes
Macc_Aviv

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's some good insight into the Patton situation:
Quote:
Patton dropped out of the first two days of the draft for one reason: Titus Young. You might recall the ex-Lions wideout proclaiming that he was better than Calvin Johnson and deliberately sabotaging the offense when he felt like he wasnít getting the ball enough. His ego wrote checks his talent couldnít cash. Patton has a similar mentality, and teams grew increasingly concerned that he would not be able to handle not being The Man like he was in college. I heard this from at least three different NFL teams, one directly from an area scout who knows him well and told me to not mock Patton in the first two rounds. Consider it a fear factor, and probably an irrational one. Itís irresponsible to project anyone possibly behaving like Titus Young, who had far more issues than not being able to accept a complementary role. Apparently, the comparisons came a little too easy: prolific wideout from a non-BCS league school noted, very impressive at the Senior Bowl week, not shy about expressing their perceived self-greatness on and off the field. Patton has the game to better assimilate into the NFL than Young did, as he is more physical on shorter routes and more economical with his body movement. The Niners landed someone who could very well be their leading receiver by 2014 in terms of catches, and they did so in the late fourth round.

http://football.realgm.com/src_article/2269/20130429/$05_from_nfl_draft_weekend/
palmy50

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just felt Patton had a mouth I couldn't warrant for the talent. I don't feel the same way about Patton that I felt about Young though. Patton is a good kid. Just has a little too much Chad Johnson in him.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Just has a little too much Chad Johnson in him.

The real question is "Is it Johnson or Ochocinco?" Since Johnson you can live with but Ocho you can't.

Much like Skynet, he only became a problem when he became self-aware.
Victor1124

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palmy, would you be willing to do one of these?
Mr Green

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
Just has a little too much Chad Johnson in him.

The real question is "Is it Johnson or Ochocinco?" Since Johnson you can live with but Ocho you can't.

Much like Skynet, he only became a problem when he became self-aware.

Laughing I love it when Packer fans get geeky.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not have traded the third round pick to the 49ers. I actually would have turned the card in with who they selected in Lemonier. I had a top 50 grade on him as a 34OLB. So for me it would look something like this:

26: Datone
61: Lacy
88: Lemonier
122: Tretter

After that it gets funky. I still would want to trade up to get Franklin but it would be difficult with what we have left. We wouldn't need to select Palmer though. It gets funky. I just know I wanted Lemonier.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
Burnett42

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about the Barrett Jones slide? Anyone know about that, he was projected in the first round like 2 months ago?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burnett42 wrote:
What about the Barrett Jones slide? Anyone know about that, he was projected in the first round like 2 months ago?

Easy. He was never that good.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
palmy50

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
Burnett42 wrote:

I disagree. There were a few things with that one but he is a very solid prospect. Would not shock me one bit if he was a ten year starter in the league. Just needed the right home because of how he would fit in the room more so than how he would fit on the field. Also had the foot and there was no numbers on him. LIS, combo of things made him fall a little including the deep class.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
Burnett42 wrote:

I disagree. There were a few things with that one but he is a very solid prospect. Would not shock me one bit if he was a ten year starter in the league. Just needed the right home because of how he would fit in the room more so than how he would fit on the field. Also had the foot and there was no numbers on him. LIS, combo of things made him fall a little including the deep class.

I've read numerous things saying he was not first round worthy. He was a good prospect, but not best 32 players in the draft good. I don't think he was a 4th round guy either, but he was definitely never worth a 1st. He's versatile which is good, but will he ever be all-pro caliber at any position?

stallyns wrote:
palmy50

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
Burnett42 wrote:

I've read numerous things saying he was not first round worthy. He was a good prospect, but not best 32 players in the draft good. I don't think he was a 4th round guy either, but he was definitely never worth a 1st. He's versatile which is good, but will he ever be all-pro caliber at any position?

Ya know, I did not read the first part there. I would not fight ya on any of that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
I Am Rodgers wrote:
Burnett42 wrote:

Ya know, I did not read the first part there. I would not fight ya on any of that.

Now. Here's the question for you. Barrett Jones vs JC Tretter. Both are available at our pick 122. Do we still take Tretter or do you think we would have taken Jones? What's the upside of each? I think Jones has the higher floor obviously, but what about their ceilings?

stallyns wrote:
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in some ways, i wish we would've stay put at 55 and drafted arthur brown. i know we're set at ILB, but to pass on that talent there.. idk.

baltimore getting him just made it that much worse

El Ramster on the amazing work
incognito_man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IrishGreen wrote:
in some ways, i wish we would've stay put at 55 and drafted arthur brown. i know we're set at ILB, but to pass on that talent there.. idk.

baltimore getting him just made it that much worse

55 was probably about right for him. He wasn't that spectacular of a talent IMO. Definitely wasn't a 1st round guy. I had Bostic ahead of him as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: