Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Raiders lease at the O.co runs out after this year.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raiders3SB

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: The Raiders lease at the O.co runs out after this year. Reply with quote

The Raiders lease at the O.co runs out after this year. What are they going to do after this season is over?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have to play somewhere. Their only options right now is to renew on a year by year basis or a short term deal. LA offered teams to play at the Rose Bowl until a stadium is completed, but time ran out on that deal as they were supposed to send an official letter to the league by a certain point last year IIRC and no on did. So LA next year is out of the question. And that would be the only other alternative for a place to play next year.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Jamethus92

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those that live closer to the stadium, what is the dilemma and what do you see as the most likely situation? I read a lot from a number of pundits that thought the Raiders would move to wherever there was a stadium for them to play in. LA looked like a likely possibility, but from what I've heard, it's still up in the air. I'll admit I'm not very knowledgeable on the stadium situation, but have heard that O.Co is a very poor one.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love them in Los Angeles......

If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
I would love them in Los Angeles......

Same. Being from Canada, I have no attachment to Oakland. I like the aurora about being in Oakland, and the toughness associated with the area... but that stadium is a piece of crap. Ive gone to a handful of games in my life, from Buffalo to Minny to Oakland. All three stadiums werent that great, but Oaklands was the worst imo. The fans are AMAZING in Oakland however, and I would hate to take that away from them. I am content with staying in Oakland, but if they moved to LA I would be happy due to a fresh start and state of the art stadium.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the Sio sig.
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Raiders aren't going anywhere. The team is working on a staduim in the same location.

And right now with the team not doing so well on the field it would be the kiss of death to move. Can you imaging a bad team coming to a new town trying to drumm up some support? At least in Oakland they have a loyal (albeit smaller than wanted) fan base of rabid supporters.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
RaidersAreOne

Location: Canada, but don't worry... i'm not one of those damn dirty french.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
The Raiders aren't going anywhere. The team is working on a staduim in the same location.

And right now with the team not doing so well on the field it would be the kiss of death to move. Can you imaging a bad team coming to a new town trying to drumm up some support? At least in Oakland they have a loyal (albeit smaller than wanted) fan base of rabid supporters.

Im pretty sure they have support and loyal fan in LA since they have already been there before. Also since LA is still in Cali, there will be lots of Raider fans in general there.

First jersey purchased: Jamarcus Russell.
Second jersey purchased: Rolando McClain.
Next purchases: Every Chiefs, Chargers and Broncos player.
JTagg7754 on the Sio sig.
Tacos

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never want them to leave home again. They mean a lot to Oakland and the fan base is dedicated.

Definitely need a new or rebuilt stadium though, I've gone to more A's games than I have Raider games in my life and haven't been to the Coliseum in about 3 years. It wasn't too pretty last I went, can't imagine it's any better now.

I just really don't want to see my teams move to Fremont or San Jose...

I would be kind of mad if they moved to LA but I'd get over it, at least they'd be in Cali.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamethus92 wrote:
For those that live closer to the stadium, what is the dilemma and what do you see as the most likely situation? I read a lot from a number of pundits that thought the Raiders would move to wherever there was a stadium for them to play in. LA looked like a likely possibility, but from what I've heard, it's still up in the air. I'll admit I'm not very knowledgeable on the stadium situation, but have heard that O.Co is a very poor one.

We are the ONLY NFL franchise that still has to play on a baseball diamond for at least the first 4 weeks of the season, unfortunately this is probably going to be the last legacy of Al Davis's inability to get a modern facility. I don't even want to try and count how many teams who have never won a superbowl play in 10 times better homes than we do...........ridiculous. Besides Oco is a dump it is nearly 50 years old and it reeks of the old multi purpose style sports venues that have absolutely zero ambiance. I would really like to see some credible evidence that the city and A. county are seriously trying to keep the team here with a new stadium but hopes have been dashed for so many years I think a lot of us are just waiting it out till the inevitable LA move.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If people are going to the stadium for the amenities then I would say they were going for the wrong reasons. I amd a season ticket holder and I just need a seat, a cold drink and team that plays their arses off. The look of ths stadium is secondary because my focus is on the field. But I am a hardcore fan and not a guy that cares about anything other than the team.

Sue me. Confused

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I've pulled a 180. I want them in Oakland. I used to think it would be better for the team to move to LA. However, now that it looks as if there is a chance that I move to the bay area, I hope they stick around.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
If people are going to the stadium for the amenities then I would say they were going for the wrong reasons. I amd a season ticket holder and I just need a seat, a cold drink and team that plays their arses off. The look of ths stadium is secondary because my focus is on the field. But I am a hardcore fan and not a guy that cares about anything other than the team.

Sue me. Confused

I agree with this, the Raiders are my team and when I go to watch them play I want to watch them play. I don't really care about "State of the Art" stadiums, besides it doesn't really fit the team because we aren't a pretty one, we are rough and tough old school one.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:

Again, we are unable to prioritize properly. Passion doesn't pay the bills and the Raiders have one of the lowest revenue streams in the NFL. Part of this is due to poor performance but the logistics of the stadium and market are major contributing factors. But we have covered this numerous times.

The LA site will need two teams to be viable. Imo, the Raiders will be that second team whenever AEG gets a commitment from someone else. Once the announcement is made attendance will drop sharply. Hence, there is no reason to even mention LA until someone else commits and construction is certain. The FO will want as short of a turnaround as possible between announcement and relocation.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:

Sue me. Confused

One of the main problems with that field is that its shared with a baseball team. You may not care but I'm sure the teams are tired of the dirt infield. At the very least it needs to be renovated.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Big Rob

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

come to LA baby!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: