Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 NFL Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ganggreen1102

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby816 wrote:
Yeah for me here is my big board for the WR class. And I dont see why we shouldnt grab an Elite guy in the 1st and a Very good or Good guy in the 3rd or 4th.
ELITE
Sammy Watkins(Clemson)
Marquise Lee(USC)
Mike Evans(A&M)
Jordan Matthews(Vandy)

VERY GOOD
Odell Beckham Jr.(LSU)
Cody Hoffman(BYU)
Jarvis Landry(LSU)
Donte Moncrief(OleMiss)
Allen Robinson(PSU)
Brandon Coleman(Rutgers)

GOOD
Paul Richardson(Purdue)
Kasen Williams(Wash)
Jared Abbrederis(Wisc)
Devin Street(Pitt)
Josh Huff(Oregon)
Rashad Greene(FSU)
Christion Jones(Bama)
DeVante Parker(L'ville)

If you're listing them from top to bottom from best to worst your very good list should look more like this:

Landry
Robinson
Hoffman
Coleman
Beckham
MonCrief

btw Richardson goes to Colorado not Purdue
Bobby816

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I ranked them in the order I like them as of now and by tier. Obviously it could change as the season goes.
green24

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then I would rearrange the first tier:

Mike Evans
Sammy Watkins
Jordan Matthews
Marqise Lee

I'd move Paul Richardson up a tier too.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few prospects that I'm really loving this year:

1st round - Kyle Van Noy (OLB) - Guy would be a great OLB for us. Can rush, can cover and can learn from Pace for one more year as they split time. He can use about 10-15 lbs but he looks like he can handle it with losing his speed. Add on top of all the physical tools, he is about as instinctual as they come.

Odell Beckham Jr.(WR) - Not sure what round he's going to fall into yet but I love this guy. I wish he was another 3 inches taller but if he was he'd be a lock for the first round. He's got big time speed but also fantastic hands and crisp routes. Fits my idea of the type of WR we could use because of his good hands and crisp routes. He's reliable and it doesn't hurt that he can take it to the house at any time.

3rd/4th round - C.J. Fiedorowicz (TE) - Guy has tremendous size and will immediately walk on to the NFL field and contribute as a solid blocker. He is surprisingly light on his feet for a big man and has soft hands as well. Would be a great redzone target and could be a complete TE that can block as well as catch. Not the big time playmaking TE that can stretch the field but with his big frame will be a tough matchup for LB's and small safeties.

Yarwin Smallwood (ILB) - Not sure where he's going to go yet round wise (probably 2nd) but I expect him to shoot up the draft board. Great physical player with sideline to sideline speed. Might need to bulk up to fit the 3-4 as well or find a 4-3 team and play weakside.

I targeted positions of need but still these guys all should be good pro's.

Props to Mack on the sig
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love watching Anthony Barr play. Might be the first OLB I've been really excited about in a while. I hope he doesn't become a AFC East rival.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
A few prospects that I'm really loving this year:

1st round - Kyle Van Noy (OLB) - Guy would be a great OLB for us. Can rush, can cover and can learn from Pace for one more year as they split time. He can use about 10-15 lbs but he looks like he can handle it with losing his speed. Add on top of all the physical tools, he is about as instinctual as they come.

Odell Beckham Jr.(WR) - Not sure what round he's going to fall into yet but I love this guy. I wish he was another 3 inches taller but if he was he'd be a lock for the first round. He's got big time speed but also fantastic hands and crisp routes. Fits my idea of the type of WR we could use because of his good hands and crisp routes. He's reliable and it doesn't hurt that he can take it to the house at any time.

3rd/4th round - C.J. Fiedorowicz (TE) - Guy has tremendous size and will immediately walk on to the NFL field and contribute as a solid blocker. He is surprisingly light on his feet for a big man and has soft hands as well. Would be a great redzone target and could be a complete TE that can block as well as catch. Not the big time playmaking TE that can stretch the field but with his big frame will be a tough matchup for LB's and small safeties.

Yarwin Smallwood (ILB) - Not sure where he's going to go yet round wise (probably 2nd) but I expect him to shoot up the draft board. Great physical player with sideline to sideline speed. Might need to bulk up to fit the 3-4 as well or find a 4-3 team and play weakside.

I targeted positions of need but still these guys all should be good pro's.

I Like yours best so far. Give me a starter, again no offense to the WRs or TEs mentioned just give me a player, not a project.
Hill I am a fan of still two years off IMO. If you know how to hit you know how to hit.
Steal in Allen, Van Noy younger, faster, sign me up.
Stupid but really no TE s in draft. Let scouts do their job to fill it. NE drafted TEs for 10 years before hitting it. All late rounds till ready.

Was it Colin Kaepernick?
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jace Amaro tweeted he's returning.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Jace Amaro tweeted he's returning.

That sucks. Thinning out a position of need.

Props to Mack on the sig
Bobby816

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw he tweeted that last week but I still think he'll enter the draft. A TE with a more than likely 2nd round grade is pretty good.
ganggreen1102

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kurtis Drummond is making a huge impact in this game both tackling and in pass coverage. If we can't get Byrd for whatever reason I would love it if the Jets drafted him. Could see him being a similar player to Byrd.
Raoul Duke

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robinson from Penn St continues to impress. Had some amazing catches today. His body control and ability to go up and get the ball with his hands is impressive. He looks better every week.

- Cliff Burton
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Man I love Anthony Barr.

-> https://vine.co/v/hjJxJdlAx60

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can Mike Evans separate at the NFL level? Does he have the burst/quickness we need to make the big plays.

God I love his size but I'm just not sure he will be an elite NFL player. He attacks the ball so well too, so at his height and his ability to extend his arms and catch with his hands he can pretty much out jump any CB in the NFL. I still just am unsure he is the type of player we need.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikejets22 wrote:
Can Mike Evans separate at the NFL level? Does he have the burst/quickness we need to make the big plays.

God I love his size but I'm just not sure he will be an elite NFL player. He attacks the ball so well too, so at his height and his ability to extend his arms and catch with his hands he can pretty much out jump any CB in the NFL. I still just am unsure he is the type of player we need.

This is exactly what I was asking when everyone was hyped off of the last Bama game. I'm mixed up about him. He seem very stiff at times. At the moment, I wouldn't be mad if we picked him, but that concern will be on my mind until he prove me wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now my 2 fav WR prospects are Sammy Watkins and Allen Robinson, if we could grab one of them in the draft to develop with Geno, we'll be set for years

JMG on the sig

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 28 of 100

Jump to: