Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 NFL Draft Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
KingOfTheHill84


Joined: 10 Jun 2012
Posts: 2808
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:
green24 wrote:
RollTide99 wrote:
There's this guy Clowney...he's pretty good I guess

Yeah, he'll be a beast on the Raiders.



Raiders with unstable qb situation to pick DE? I don't think so.

He'll probably end up a Raider or a Jaguar. I think whoever drafts second will take Clowney. I think the Raiders will take Clowney in the first and a QB like Stephen Morris in the second.

agreed they gotta build up that team before they stick a QB in there

same thing the Jets should have done
_________________

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47622
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
green24 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:
green24 wrote:
RollTide99 wrote:
There's this guy Clowney...he's pretty good I guess

Yeah, he'll be a beast on the Raiders.



Raiders with unstable qb situation to pick DE? I don't think so.

He'll probably end up a Raider or a Jaguar. I think whoever drafts second will take Clowney. I think the Raiders will take Clowney in the first and a QB like Stephen Morris in the second.

agreed they gotta build up that team before they stick a QB in there

same thing the Jets should have done

Isn't that what we just did this year? Took Milliner and Richardson in the first and Geno in the second?
_________________


#TeamManfred
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingOfTheHill84


Joined: 10 Jun 2012
Posts: 2808
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
green24 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:
green24 wrote:
RollTide99 wrote:
There's this guy Clowney...he's pretty good I guess

Yeah, he'll be a beast on the Raiders.



Raiders with unstable qb situation to pick DE? I don't think so.

He'll probably end up a Raider or a Jaguar. I think whoever drafts second will take Clowney. I think the Raiders will take Clowney in the first and a QB like Stephen Morris in the second.

agreed they gotta build up that team before they stick a QB in there

same thing the Jets should have done

Isn't that what we just did this year? Took Milliner and Richardson in the first and Geno in the second?


yes and no

we could filled some other holes with that 2nd Rounder as there was a ton of value there

but for the sake of never seeing Sanchez again I guess it worth it but I'm wishing we just gave Mark this year, let his guaranteed money evaporate and then next started fresh with a franchise QB(Teddy) and used that 2nd on Christine Michael for example and keeping our 4th instead of trading it for Ivory and taking Quinton Patton there

Now instead of having 2 QB's you're unsure of you got a dynamic, explosive RB and a consistent WR plus you've established the O-Line and the defense pretty much now sticking a young QB(Teddy) in there eases the transition and the team has a true fresh start in 2014
_________________

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Davey


Moderator
Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 21370
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really, really, can't look too far towards the draft at this point. Of course you can start looking at prospects but trying to figure out who you're going to draft at this point is just impossible, and to plan like you know already even worse. The draft order is something that's totally unpredictable. You don't make three year plans expecting to be able to get this or that guy in a year or two in the draft. A GM who planned that would be fired on the spot.

People are trying to guess who is going to have the number one pick at this point - saying the Raiders, Jaguars, us, but go and look back and see how many people were saying it would be the Chiefs last year, or the Panthers the year before. Not many.

The first pick is about having a disastrous season. It usually doesn't happen with the teams that have already hit rock bottom. There's a team out there that nobody's really mentioning that's going to get bombed with injuries and they'll be picking higher than a lot of the preseason "bad teams" come April. It's unpredictable.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
JMG


Joined: 23 Dec 2012
Posts: 3145
Location: Columbia
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titans are getting the first pick.

I called the Chiefs last year. Hopefully I get it right this year Laughing
_________________

[]_[] Family
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47622
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMG wrote:
Titans are getting the first pick.

I called the Chiefs last year. Hopefully I get it right this year Laughing

I'm calling the Cardinals.
_________________


#TeamManfred
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JMG


Joined: 23 Dec 2012
Posts: 3145
Location: Columbia
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
JMG wrote:
Titans are getting the first pick.

I called the Chiefs last year. Hopefully I get it right this year Laughing

I'm calling the Cardinals.
Not a bad choice. They are another underrated candidate.
_________________

[]_[] Family
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
KingOfTheHill84


Joined: 10 Jun 2012
Posts: 2808
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love my Jets but I want the #1 pick only because we're not a SB team yet

I like Geno but Teddy is it
_________________

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingOfTheHill84


Joined: 10 Jun 2012
Posts: 2808
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kristian Dyer ‏@KristianRDyer 2m
Hearing that former Jets player and current Jets scout Aaron Glenn is at the TCU game right now. Any idea who he might look at?
_________________

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47622
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
Kristian Dyer ‏@KristianRDyer 2m
Hearing that former Jets player and current Jets scout Aaron Glenn is at the TCU game right now. Any idea who he might look at?

Brandon Carter?
_________________


#TeamManfred
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KBS756


Joined: 01 Oct 2005
Posts: 5672
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can we swap first round picks with the raiders ? maybe we'd have a shot at clowney then
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
quietjetsket


Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Posts: 3854
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
Kristian Dyer ‏@KristianRDyer 2m
Hearing that former Jets player and current Jets scout Aaron Glenn is at the TCU game right now. Any idea who he might look at?

Brandon Carter?


Jason Verrett would make sense. Unfortunately.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47622
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quietjetsket wrote:
green24 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
Kristian Dyer ‏@KristianRDyer 2m
Hearing that former Jets player and current Jets scout Aaron Glenn is at the TCU game right now. Any idea who he might look at?

Brandon Carter?


Jason Verrett would make sense. Unfortunately.

I highly doubt we would draft another CB.
_________________


#TeamManfred
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
quietjetsket


Joined: 20 Sep 2012
Posts: 3854
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
quietjetsket wrote:
green24 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
Kristian Dyer ‏@KristianRDyer 2m
Hearing that former Jets player and current Jets scout Aaron Glenn is at the TCU game right now. Any idea who he might look at?

Brandon Carter?


Jason Verrett would make sense. Unfortunately.

I highly doubt we would draft another CB.


Verrett is easily only best one on the team. Jets probably scout few players for late round picks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
superbowlbound


Joined: 30 Dec 2008
Posts: 2501
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know RB isn't our biggest need at all, but I think i'm falling in love with Lache Seastrunk!!!

He's just such a beast!! I actually see him as a top 15 pick (especially if he runs a rub 4.5 40 which I think he might be able to do)
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 11 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group