Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Prospect Thread V1: Blake Bortles GF > You
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marky_b27

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
We really need to upgrade Soap at NT. Seems like a steep drop off in talent after Nix. I don't even have a #2 NT.

Isn't Logan supposed to drop into the NT position?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
We really need to upgrade Soap at NT. Seems like a steep drop off in talent after Nix. I don't even have a #2 NT.

I don't know, but he doesn't strike me as the next Casey Hampton. I like Logan more as a DE. Preferably we just go back to full time 4-3. Cox, Logan, and Thornton could be a good 4-3 DT rotation. It might also salvage Brandon Grahams career since he is useless in a 3-4 and help Trent get his groove back. Barwin isn't doing much when it comes to pass rush, but he seems like he could be an ok 4-3 OLB. This D needs an intervention.

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: L Collins, D Perryman, D Greenberry, C Davis, T Coleman, H Kikaha, T Clemmings
marky_b27

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezla wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Jeezla wrote:

I don't know, but he doesn't strike me as the next Casey Hampton. I like Logan more as a DE. Preferably we just go back to full time 4-3. Cox, Logan, and Thornton could be a good 4-3 DT rotation. It might also salvage Brandon Grahams career since he is useless in a 3-4 and help Trent get his groove back. Barwin isn't doing much when it comes to pass rush, but he seems like he could be an ok 4-3 OLB. This D needs an intervention.

We ain't going back to a 43, not at least whilst Chip is still here (and he's got a 5 year contract). Its a shame as we could have focused on improving the secondary in the draft and then we would have had a solid defense.

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Jeezla wrote:

We ain't going back to a 43, not at least whilst Chip is still here (and he's got a 5 year contract). Its a shame as we could have focused on improving the secondary in the draft and then we would have had a solid defense.

If we hire a 4-3 guy DC we might. But yeah I doubt it.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
marky_b27

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Jeezla wrote:

No, Chip specifically wants a 34, so we're not going to hire a 43 coach (unfortunately).

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Jeezla wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
Jeezla wrote:

No, Chip specifically wants a 34, so we're not going to hire a 43 coach (unfortunately).

I don't get why Chip has to have a 3-4. He basically has nothing to do with the defensive side of the ball, much like Andy, and forcing this 3/4 D upon our team is a good reason why we only have 1 win.

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: L Collins, D Perryman, D Greenberry, C Davis, T Coleman, H Kikaha, T Clemmings
baconrad3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're in rebuild mode.

I don't know why people are so shocked at our defense.

I realize it is historically bad...but still.

We're implementing a new scheme, and are in year 1 of a total rebuild. We're not going to have an entire unit of 3-4 defensive players year 1. It's a process.

This draft we will most likely mostly go defense heavy and draft players that fit our scheme.

We get rid of the players that we don't see as being part of this new rebuild and try to acquire assets in the process.

Example.....

Trade Foles for a 4th round pick

Trade Cole for a 6th round pick

We end up 5-11 and get the 6th pick in the draft.

Rd 1: Tajh Boyd QB Clemson
Rd 2: Za'Darius Smith DE/OLB Kentucky
Rd 3: Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
Rd 4: Carrington Byndom CB Texas
Rd 4: Tre Boston CB North Carolina
Rd 5: Chris Borland ILB Wisconsin
Rd 6: Brandon Thomas G Clemson
Rd 6: Dri Archer WR Kent State

The players are moreso there to be examples of what positions I want us to target.

We need to get our franchise QB. Boyd could be it. Some here aren't as high on him but he'd be perfect for this offense.

Need a pass rushing OLB next. Either Khalil Mack, Za'Darius Smith, Kyle Van Noy (depending where he goes, but I see him as a 1st rounder), or Vic Beasley.

Really need another WR. Our receivers blow outside of DeSean. I like Damaris but he isn't getting any PT for some reason, maybe because he's been bad in practice. But Cooper, Avant, etc cannot get separation and need to be replaced.

A lot of good WRs in this draft. Right now Jordan Matthews is becoming my favorite. And he can be had in possibly the 3rd round. Also am very high on Allen Robinson. Wouldn't mind Davante Adams or Devin Street in the 3rd or 4th either. Then maybe grab someone like Dri Archer later on. He'd be great for Chip's scheme and could fall.

Draft two cornerbacks. Cary Williams needs to go. We'll have 2 competent CBs then (3 if Poyer can come around). Justin Gilbert and Carrington Byndom are two guys I like. Tre Boston is also an option.

ILB isn't totally necessary, but wouldn't be mad if we grabbed one later on.

Grab a guard later on as well. You can find good offensive lineman in the later rounds. I don't like going o-line too high, Hugh Thornton is an example for Indy. Or David Bakhtiari for GB.

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitz2k2 wrote:
fire Howie n sign bill polian

Dear god no.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
Fitz2k2 wrote:

Dear god no.

Bad idéa.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Fitz2k2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
Fitz2k2 wrote:

Dear god no.

Bad idéa.

We def need a new GM.I'm still pissed we never got Ray Horton as our def guy.
Fitz2k2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bama S Clinton-Dix suspended indefinitely

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/cfb/132294/ha-ha-clinton-dix
JayAp07

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:

Trade Foles for a 4th round pick

Trade Cole for a 6th round pick

We end up 5-11 and get the 6th pick in the draft.

Didn't want to quote you're entire post but I pretty much agree with everything. IMO this is a great draft from top to bottom. Pretty hard to go wrong.

If we aren't in the running for one of the QB's in the first, then I want Bradley Roby or Anthony Barr.

I would LOVE Watkins or Lee but I don't think that they are exactly what we need at WR. Give me one of the big guys, take your pick I like them all.

WR, CB, and OLB are all pretty loaded at the top of the draft. There's a handful of guys at each position that would be great for us.

One guy that I don't see getting much love around here is Trent Murphy. I don't know why he isn't talked about much, but I really like him. The best player on one of the best defenses in CFB. As a matter of fact, I really want at least one guy from their defense, Skov, Reynolds, and Gardner are all good players.

So. many. good. prospects. Drool

2013 Philadelphia Eagles NFC East Champs
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baconrad3 wrote:

I don't see Borland falling to the 5th, and I'm not a big fan of Boyd, but this is pretty much exactly how I would want us to approach the draft as far as the positions for each round go. QB in 1st, pass rusher in 2nd, WR/CB in 3rd, 2x CB/WR in 4th, LB in 5th, OL in 6th, offensive weapon in 6th.

~Bird Watch 2014 | Mark "The Sanchize" Sanchez~
202 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, 89.6 Passer Rating
Fitz2k2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:

I don't see Borland falling to the 5th, and I'm not a big fan of Boyd, but this is pretty much exactly how I would want us to approach the draft as far as the positions for each round go. QB in 1st, pass rusher in 2nd, WR/CB in 3rd, 2x CB/WR in 4th, LB in 5th, OL in 6th, offensive weapon in 6th.

Hmm don't we need safeties?
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitz2k2 wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
baconrad3 wrote:

Hmm don't we need safeties?

True. Maybe WR in 3rd, and then CB and S in 4th. Hopefully we can get a good FA S though.

~Bird Watch 2014 | Mark "The Sanchize" Sanchez~
202 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, 89.6 Passer Rating

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 52 of 99

Jump to: