Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2014 Prospect Thread V1: Blake Bortles GF > You
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevec0008

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:

I have a feeling that chip bought totally into howie's best player available no matter what ideals.

So that should make all of our draft talk for the next year completely pointless.

Filter in all Pac12 players, and take the BPA.
I'm happy going with the BPA, it makes for a less stressful off-season for us fans, and gives us picks we wouldn't exactly expect like Ertz and Barkley. As long as we don't go first round TE next year, I'm excited to see how Chips draft 2.0 pans out after we see what type of play he puts on the field.
EagleBlueDon

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let the season unfold. Our secondary (however it pans out) could play very well. At the end of the season we could be rolling our eyes at the notion of taking a defensive back within the first three rounds. We have a young and hungry secondary. If the injury bug doesn't bite us back there, I'm excited about it.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
I have a feeling that chip bought totally into howie's best player available no matter what ideals.

So that should make all of our draft talk for the next year completely pointless.

me too. Howie seems to uniform and to centered-structured to not do this way. like hes the anti reid dude.. probably hated all the soft players Andy loved and swore once he took the power he would never reach ever.

Howie: "hes the 15th best defensive end Andy and its only the 3rd round"

Andy *shovin food in his mouth* "i know its crazy huh.. but i met the kid.. hes nice.. real nice.. his parents are nice.. makes a ton of sense"

Howie: "but.."

Andy" make the pick.. you done with that shrimp bro ?"

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

me too. Howie seems to uniform and to centered-structured to not do this way. like hes the anti reid dude.. probably hated all the soft players Andy loved and swore once he took the power he would never reach ever.

Howie: "hes the 15th best defensive end Andy and its only the 3rd round"

Andy *shovin food in his mouth* "i know its crazy huh.. but i met the kid.. hes nice.. real nice.. his parents are nice.. makes a ton of sense"

Howie: "but.."

Andy" make the pick.. you done with that shrimp bro ?"

Thats the story of why we drafted freddie mitchell.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Al Davis is died
mm6492

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevec0008 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

I'm happy going with the BPA, it makes for a less stressful off-season for us fans, and gives us picks we wouldn't exactly expect like Ertz and Barkley. As long as we don't go first round TE next year, I'm excited to see how Chips draft 2.0 pans out after we see what type of play he puts on the field.

I agree....but the dude from Oregon looks so good.... Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mm6492 wrote:
stevec0008 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

You're right, and depending on which blogger you read, you'll read different guesses as to Celek's future as a 'True TE' and they may possibly be looking to trade him next offseason.
As much as I love Ertz, I really wanted to see Chip use Jordan Reed with his 'football' mind, being a Gator-Fanboy. Now I have to root against him as WSH drafted him....
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mm6492 wrote:

Lyerla is going to be GOAT. Dudes Gronk 2.0. I have been makign the comparison for over a year, but i hear rumblings around the draft forum, the interwebz and local oregon experts, he could be better then Gronk.

Mr. Incredible

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was messin' around the other day and did my first mock draft in about a year or two. What do you guys think about the Eagles pick?

CB, Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, Oregon, 5'10''-190

Our secondary looks to be the weakest unit of our entire team yet again in 2013. At corner we stand unproven with young free agents, Bradley Fletcher and Cary Williams stepping in to most likely be our starting CB tandem. Brandon Boykin is anticipated for some heavy progression as our nickel in his second season. Ekpre-Olomu played under Chip Kelly during his first 2 seasons at Oregon, so that right there could warrant him being selected by the Eagles; plus, he fills a huge need. IEO is a shutdown corner with great ball skills. Last season as a true sophomore he picked off 4 passes to go along with 20 pass deflections. He also forced 6 fumbles. In 2011 as a true freshman he appeared in all 14 games, with another year to develop Ekpre-Olomu should be a surefire first round pick come next April. This is a pick I could very well see happening net year. Plus, who wouldn't want a jersey with "Ekpre-Olomu" on the back of it?

MaclinandMCcoy wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
McNutt busted hard.

Anyone else? No just me? Alright
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we prefer taller Corners, so I find it unlikely.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Incredible wrote:
Was messin' around the other day and did my first mock draft in about a year or two. What do you guys think about the Eagles pick?

CB, Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, Oregon, 5'10''-190

Our secondary looks to be the weakest unit of our entire team yet again in 2013. At corner we stand unproven with young free agents, Bradley Fletcher and Cary Williams stepping in to most likely be our starting CB tandem. Brandon Boykin is anticipated for some heavy progression as our nickel in his second season. Ekpre-Olomu played under Chip Kelly during his first 2 seasons at Oregon, so that right there could warrant him being selected by the Eagles; plus, he fills a huge need. IEO is a shutdown corner with great ball skills. Last season as a true sophomore he picked off 4 passes to go along with 20 pass deflections. He also forced 6 fumbles. In 2011 as a true freshman he appeared in all 14 games, with another year to develop Ekpre-Olomu should be a surefire first round pick come next April. This is a pick I could very well see happening net year. Plus, who wouldn't want a jersey with "Ekpre-Olomu" on the back of it?

He's my favorite CB right now. Still sorting through but he's really good. Great feet and hips. And he's super physical too. He's a big-time corner.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
. And he's super physical too. He's a big-time corner.

This.. no push out of bounds tackles or soft press with Ifo, , hes a in your face type corner. I actually thought he was a lot bigger then 5'10 190, he acts looks plays bigger out there.

I love the pick, would be into it. Ifo or Roby will be the #1 and #2 corner off the board, how ever it falls wouldnt mind either Cool

Mr. Incredible

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check my mock, fellas. Very Happy

MaclinandMCcoy wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
McNutt busted hard.

Anyone else? No just me? Alright
willy_law

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
Meco wrote:
. And he's super physical too. He's a big-time corner.

This.. no push out of bounds tackles or soft press with Ifo, , hes a in your face type corner. I actually thought he was a lot bigger then 5'10 190, he acts looks plays bigger out there.

I love the pick, would be into it. Ifo or Roby will be the #1 and #2 corner off the board, how ever it falls wouldnt mind either Cool

thats what I was going to say he plays a whole lot bigger than 5'10 190. Watching him play you would think he is 6'2 210

TomRalph wrote:
Eli Manning is the devil.

2014 Draft Wish list - D.Coleman, T.Murphy, J. Verrett, L. Joyner
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^I think i actually told my dad last week Ifo was 6'1.. Embarassed Laughing but he looks/plays bigger then 5'10 doe!

Jeezla

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Incredible wrote:
Check my mock, fellas. Very Happy

I don't ever want a CB in the first round. Give us a QB, OLB, WR, OT (If Peters isn't what he used to be), ILB (If Meco and Kendricks can't get it done) or S. Rookie CB's never really improve a teams D from one year to the next. Just about every other position can. And even if you have the best CB trio in the league like the Seahawks, it won't mean squat if you don't have a good pass rush.

Kilty Sig '14 Wish List: M Smith, D Bucannon, C Latimer, T Turner, W Aikens, A Williamson, C Jones

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 11 of 99

Jump to: