Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

UDFA Mark Harrison (WR)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
G08

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
THE SEASON IS RUINED; this year's Mike Hass is gone. Why even watch the games this year?
No Marquess Wilson is this years Mike Hass, except Wilson has hands of stone.

He's no Earl Bennett Rolling Eyes

WindyCity wrote:
McClellin is simply not very good. He is not big enough or strong enough to play at the NFL level. The Bears should move on.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
THE SEASON IS RUINED; this year's Mike Hass is gone. Why even watch the games this year?

Nice.

Harrison has as much potential as any UDFA but he's still a UDFA, meaning the likelihood he makes anything other than maybe the PS this year is pretty low. These aren't the Angelo Bears where we need 5 UDFA to fill out the roster. The roster was essentially full prior to the draft with vets then we added 6 draft picks to that mix. It wouldn't surprise me if no UDFA made the team this year. And FWIW that's not a bad thing - it means our roster is deep enough in talent that we aren't having to rely upon guys who weren't good enough prospects to even be drafted to fill out the back end of the roster.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

You're absolutely right he's not. Earl Bennett is a former 3rd round pick (interestingly enough mocked in the first his draft year) who has made his living in the NFL. Wilson is a 7th round rookie who hasn't played a snap in the NFL.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
G08

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
G08 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

You're absolutely right he's not. Earl Bennett is a former 3rd round pick (interestingly enough mocked in the first his draft year) who has made his living in the NFL. Wilson is a 7th round rookie who hasn't played a snap in the NFL.

Get outta here. You mean to tell me a rookie that just was drafted hasn't played a snap in the NFL, considering the season doesn't start for another 4+ months?

Can't get anything past you buddy! Wink

WindyCity wrote:
McClellin is simply not very good. He is not big enough or strong enough to play at the NFL level. The Bears should move on.
BonanzaHawk

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
G08 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:

Your football knowledge is unmatched.
G08

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:

Harrison has as much potential as any UDFA but he's still a UDFA, meaning the likelihood he makes anything other than maybe the PS this year is pretty low. These aren't the Angelo Bears where we need 5 UDFA to fill out the roster. The roster was essentially full prior to the draft with vets then we added 6 draft picks to that mix. It wouldn't surprise me if no UDFA made the team this year. And FWIW that's not a bad thing - it means our roster is deep enough in talent that we aren't having to rely upon guys who weren't good enough prospects to even be drafted to fill out the back end of the roster.

Good point. It's nice for once to consider keeping a UDFA if and only of he is better than the man ahead of him. That's how championship rosters are built, keep improving your roster.

WindyCity wrote:
IronMike84

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:

Sometimes I think some fans love UDFAs more than the high draft picks.
Epyon

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was a very low risk pickup, as an UDFA, arguably even a steal as an UDFA, over a late rounder.

He's got alot of things you really want in a receiver physically, and has the potential to be molded into something good, even if he doesn't always show it. Doesn't seem to go up for the ball the way Wilson does, and doesn't have as good of hands, but he's the Emery mold of athlete.

I wouldn't expect him to make the 53 this year, unless he can prove he has a special teams mean streak to accompany his size/athleticism... That said, I think he's a great, low risk, potential project receiver who at least has the potential to be pretty great in a year or two. Now odds of that happening are slim, but it's not like we wasted a draft pick on him...
DABEARSLCF04

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda sounds like a Kellen Davis type of player, has everything but hands and true football grit

Adopt a Bear.... Ka'Deem Carey.... HB.... Arizona
18att for 78 yards 4.3avg. HALL OF FAME!
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:

Sometimes I think some fans love UDFAs more than the high draft picks.

People like underdogs. Plus in this year's case our #1 pick is a guy at a non-sexy position.

Love the new sig quote too BTW. So true.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Love the new sig quote too BTW. So true.

Thanks. It kind of goes against everything this site stands for but when I first read it I thought it was a nice reality check type of quote.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
Hands of stone, eh? Rolling Eyes
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the rookie thread, apparently Harrison isn't with us anymore and has signed with the Patriots.

Adopted Bear: LB DJ Williams
Christmas List
Sack of Aaron Rodgers
Sack of Matthew Stafford
Tackle Adrian Peterson for loss

TFL: SACK: INT: FF: FR:
Roadrunner

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
Hands of stone, eh? Rolling Eyes

I agree that it may not be fair to say he has hands of stone. However, it would be very fair to say that for every ball that you have to ask yourself, "how did he catch that one?" there is a ball that you say, "He should have had that one."

However, contrary to the pablum that the pundits spew, I believe he did have some distractions due to the "coaching situation." Could have the kid handled things better in hindsight? Yeah, probably. However, let's remember who the "adults" were in this situation. They damn sure could have and SHOULD HAVE conducted themselves in a more professional manner. Just because others were not willing to step forward and "rock the boat" does not mean the coaching staff did not continually cross the line of professionalism. Observing some coaching methods, there can be a fine line between motivation and abuse. Fortunately, I believe we have a coach that will never even approach that line. The read I get on him is that he has the intelligence to be more creative in asserting his leadership. Like it or not, we have another even-keeled guy that does have some similarities in common with our last coach, despite some vast differences in philosophy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: